[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does this happen in The Walking Dead comics?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8
File: 1458597012456.jpg (8 KB, 320x179) Image search: [Google]
1458597012456.jpg
8 KB, 320x179
Does this happen in The Walking Dead comics?
>>
>>80968471
If that's Dixon, no. He was made purely for the show. Glenn was killed by baseball bat in the comic though.

Are they actually killing off Moneymaker Dixon?
>>
>>80968734
rumors are that merle and beth show up in the finale, so probably
>>
>>80968471
It's an awful photoshop job
>>
>>80968874
I appreciate the spoiler, really but no need. I haven't cared about this show ever since the search for Carol's daughter took six episodes.
>>
>>80969231
it's practically a different show at this point, it's on it's third showrunner and has changed out most of the cast

it's much better now
>>
>>80968734
Shit, when did that happen? I stopped reading the comics around 3 years ago. Should I pick them up again?
>>
>>80970012
I mean, they're the same as they ever were, but there was a war and a time skip which has been pretty interesting
>>
>>80970012
I'm not sure. I dropped it a while ago and happened to pick up a random issue at my LCS.
>>
File: issue 100 of walking dead.jpg (115 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
issue 100 of walking dead.jpg
115 KB, 500x333
>>80970012
>my life is so great
>nothing can go wrong!

Issue 100, I specifically named this image for that reason.
>>
>>80968734
It's highly likely Daryl will die since Reedus is gonna be on Talking Dead, and they've been foreshadowing it this season.

And he really doesn't make them that much more money for them than other characters.

>>80968874
That's a fake rumor started by IMDb, aka retards. They also come up with dumb as fuck descriptions for episodes like this gem for the finale:

>In the aftermath of a tragic blow, Eugene falls captured by Dwight, a member of the Saviors, whom are hell bent on getting even with Alexandria, Negan teaches Rick and co a brutal lesson, which shows that Rick and co finally have something to fear.

>>80969920
Seconding this, Gimple has steered the show in a much better direction than Mazzara did. I kind of wish he'd been the first one or that he would've been alongside Darabont. That way Darabont could bring the great cinematography out and Gimple for the better overall show.

>>80970012
I'd say you should. Things got really interesting when Carl lost an eye and the new villain Negan showed up. There's a cool dynamic between the two afterwords in the lead-up to a big war between the groups, and even afterwords.
>>
>>80968471
OP where'd you even find this fake? /tv/?
>>
>>80971109
Alright, I'll check the new ones out. I'm pretty sure the last issue I read was the one where Carl lost his eye.
>>
My buddy works on the show and said Daryl and Glenn get beaten to death by a baseball bat in the finale.
>>
>>80971706

why 2?
>>
>>80971109
>It's highly likely Daryl will die since Reedus is gonna be on Talking Dead

Doubt it. Everyone knows if someone dies on Talking Dead, they're usually on as a secret guest.
>>
File: dead.png (83 KB, 723x593) Image search: [Google]
dead.png
83 KB, 723x593
>>80971607
Yeah that was Issue 83 I think. Negan showed up in Issue 100, so not too far off.

If you don't wanna buy the issues there should be plenty of places to find them for free, I've got a whole collection going up to the current issue, pic related is a small snippet

>>80972042
The Reedus thing could totally be misdirection, but it's really down to either Glenn or Daryl, and Steven Yeun is gonna be filming a moving when the Season Finale airs IIRC so I'm leaning towards Daryl.

They announced the full cast of the Season finale(unless the do the rare 4-person couch and have a surprise guest) so it's not totally impossible.
>>
>>80969920
>much better
Much better than "complete shit" can still be "mostly shit," anon.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-03-06-11h09m10s329.png (802 KB, 1916x1076) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-03-06-11h09m10s329.png
802 KB, 1916x1076
>>80972186
The show is much better than when Mazzara was running it for The Farm and The Prison.

Sure there were a few cool moments like Merle returnign and his death, Lori dying, the whole Sophia barn reveal, "I hear Nebraska's nice.", or Shane vs Rick, but overall the quality was suffering. Gimple has got the show back on track and much better.

Gimple is following the comics much more, or remixing comic stuff more into cool things, like Terminus or The Wolves.
>>
>>80972275
>The Wolves

That pissed me off. Did anything come from them attacking? Did we really need another group besides Negan's Saviors? They should have just been the Saviors. Seems needlessly complicated.

I'm of the opinion that the show still sucks, especially when compared to the comics. Too slow paced, and the awful parts are much more awful. I hated how much emphasis they placed on that fat doctor chick. She is such a small part of the comic, and her actress can't act for shit.
>>
File: Chomping on Sams head.webm (915 KB, 940x529) Image search: [Google]
Chomping on Sams head.webm
915 KB, 940x529
>>80972614
>Did anything come from them attacking?

They wiped out a small number of Alexandrians and led into No Way Out and Alexandrians taking a stand.

>Did we really need another group besides Negan's Saviors?

There was one in the comics too. The Scavengers. They never made it into Alexandria though.

> They should have just been the Saviors. Seems needlessly complicated.
I disagree.

>I'm of the opinion that the show still sucks, especially when compared to the comics.
I don't think it sucks, it's good in its own right. That's your opinion though.

>Too slow paced,
You haven't watched this half then. Its been at a great pace this half. First half was kinda slow

>and the awful parts are much more awful.
I only have gripes with The Hospital arc(mostly cause it was so sloooow and the pace of 6A, but otherwise I don't think there's been anything truly as awful as "Welcome to The Tombs", the Season 3 finale.

>I hated how much emphasis they placed on that fat doctor chick. She is such a small part of the comic, and her actress can't act for shit.
They didn't place that much emphasis on her, and the only reason she got focus this episode is cause she was dying in Abe's place.

I think her actress is okay. Not as good as any of the other actors though.
>>
>>80972759
This looks corny as fuck, but it still gets me.
>>
File: 14503053271030895.png (346 KB, 690x459) Image search: [Google]
14503053271030895.png
346 KB, 690x459
>>80971109
>Talking Dead

The whole concept of that show is offensive. Make a show that's just an extended promo for another show. For fuck sake, they've gone too far

Walking Dead fans and zombie fans are a bunch of tools
>>
>>80974932
I like some of it. Some of the guests(Like Yvette Nicole Brown especially) are cool, the actors and showrunners talking about filming is cool. There's always a new sneak peek and some BTS info too.
>>
>>80971706
Yeah, and I'm president of the US
>>
>>80968471
Is this real? Are they really going to do this?!
>>
File: Daryl Fake.jpg (46 KB, 320x522) Image search: [Google]
Daryl Fake.jpg
46 KB, 320x522
>>80976943
That's a fake, but Daryl is one of two candidates for meeting Lucille.
>>
>>80972275
>THIS!
>>
>>80977023
Glen was a fan favourite when he was axed off. It'd make sense that ANOTHER fan favourite gets killed if it's not just gonna be Glenn
>>
>>80977023
I gave up watching the show it got too boring but I'd love if they'd kill Daryl I know so many people that only watch the show because of him.
>>
>>80971989
Pringles law #1. Once you pop, you can't stop.
>>
>people are watching this instead of reading
>the comic sucks
>so is the show
why tho
why not read the source than watching an oc donut steel tripe
>>
I called this from the second Dwight showed up and stole his crossbow.
I might make some bets now. Guaranteed cash.

Lucille is love
>>
>>80980405
I've been calling it for a few seasons. Glenn was killed off in the comics because he was the most beloved character, and because Kirkman liked the show's version of Glenn better. So killing off the show's version would be kinda silly. Besides, the show likes to change things up to surprise comic readers, and in the show the most beloved character is Daryl.

Dwight taking his bike and crossbow really confirmed it though, I think.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.