[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
are the comics better than the movies?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: DC-COMICS-REBIRTH-GEOFF-JOHNS.jpg (69 KB, 770x440) Image search: [Google]
DC-COMICS-REBIRTH-GEOFF-JOHNS.jpg
69 KB, 770x440
are the comics better than the movies?
>>
>>80929190
They're just mediums, you can't say abstract "comics" is better than abstract "movies" or vice versa, that'd be a dumb, uneducated opinion.
>>
It all comes down to preference.
>>
>>80929289
>>80929337
ignore these faggots OP, cape comics are better than cape movies or tv shows because they actually take risks and aren't trying to be accessible
>>
File: bender].jpg (55 KB, 479x361) Image search: [Google]
bender].jpg
55 KB, 479x361
>>80929405
>because they actually take risks and aren't trying to be accessible
>Marvel Now
>DC since the new 52
But really it is all just preference. I lean towards saying the comics are better but that doesn't immediately mean that someone is going to have a better experience with a story just because they read it compared to maybe enjoying the combined elements of sound and movement in film.

I will say there's a lot more elements introduced in the making of television and film that can fuck it up compared to the limited resources and elements making a comic has.
>>
>>80929405
>>80929603
Also
>aren't trying to be accessible
Is a retarded thing to act on as a pro for comics. Comics should be accessible. 80's Marvel fucking thrived off the fact that any issue could be anyone's first. Now people are intimidated by how Marvel and DC currently work and the required reading for just the simplest story arcs.

Accessibility is a good thing, dumb dumb
>>
>>80929603
>80's Marvel fucking thrived off the fact that any issue could be anyone's first.

Just because they still had "as seen in ish #235" boxes doesn't mean they were more accessible
>>
The current movies and shows are better than the comics (which says something about cape comics' quality ) but the best cape comics are better than the movies and shows.
>>
>>80929190
Johns looks like he's about to cry
>>
I prefer older comics to current movies, but I prefer movies to whatever Civil War II / New new 52 bullshit they're doing nowadays. I guess I'm just a nostalgiafag.
>>
I feel like something is lost in the translation between the mediums. A decent chunk of the movies are alright but for most of the characters, their stories are done better in the comics.
>>
>>80929190
They both suck.
>>
File: 1456009613925.jpg (6 KB, 250x166) Image search: [Google]
1456009613925.jpg
6 KB, 250x166
>>80930735
>Civil War II
jesus really
>>
The movies are usually better. More talent goes into film than goes into comic book writing. Same goes for movies and modern literature. People take movies pretty seriously.
>>
>>80930927
>More talent goes into film than goes into comic book writing
True, Fant4stic is much better written than the original Kirby/Lee comics
>>
>>80930927
>>80932373

If these movies have such huge budgets, why can't they prioritize hiring creative people that will make sure the movies feel like the comics? Instead, they fuck it up all the time.
>>
>>80929190
No fucking way.

At least in movies and even the cartoons there is some level of continuity and the characters are made so ridiculously op and retarded. For example
>flash can literally run so fast he can go through walls and even through time and can outrun death
>batman can beat anyone with "prep time" even god himself
>wolverine can regenerate if there is even a single cell left of him
>hulk can never be beat because "he will just get madder and stronger until he wins"
>Peter Parker's mind got taken over by doc ock and dock ock becomes the new spiderman
>of course, Peter comes back duh everyone comes back a few issues after they "died"
>even if a character "died" it doesn't even matter because in another comic, in its own continuity, he is alive

Comics are retarded and cartoons and movies are way better
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.