[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the worst comic you've ever read?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (15 KB, 269x187) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
15 KB, 269x187
What's the worst comic you've ever read?
>>
>>80926276
Comics made for ants.
>>
>>80926276
Batman: Fortunate Son, by far

>"Punk" is nothing but DEATH and CRIME and the RAGE of the BEAST

um...okay Bruce
>>
>>80926276
I hated David Boring when I first read it, but then I talked about in in a class and it really worked for what it was trying to do.
>>
Maybe Neonomicon.
>>
>>80926346
Ok, Linkara.
>>
>>80926387
literally who?
>>
Some deadpool thing. I think he fought Moby Dick in it. It was spectacularly retarded.

Fuck deadpool.
>>
>>80926276
One More Day
>>
>>80926276
Probably Silver Age Marvel
The writing is just insufferable
>>
marville
unfunnies
trouble
the good old the unholy trinity
>>
>>80926276
I liked David Boring when it was just him moping around meditating on how his obsession with big assed women is ruining his life, but the whole mystery plot was uninteresting.
>>
>>80926276
Probably Girls.
>>
>>80926448
I remember that shit, he was killing "Literary icons" so whatever was inspired by them would die too, right?
>>
Scott Pilgrim. It was like reading the comic book equivalent of the people I hated in college.
>>
>>80926490
The story was compelling up until the fateful decision and aftermath. Marvel's decision to shaft 25+ years of continuity certainly did fans no favors.
>>
>>80926276
The Barry Allen and Hal Jordan revivals. Anything color-related with the Lanterns. Fuck Geoff Johns.
>>
>>80926698
YES.

I knew the kind of people Scoot Pilgrim hung with. They were all douches who listened to shitty music, tried to make shitty music, tried to make purposefully shitty video games to be funny, and had so many tattoos, piecings, and hair colors that they looked like circus freaks.

I also knew people like that in high school, but that was before the movie.
>>
>>80926812
>Kylebabby

Good riddance, Kyle was a massive poochie and nearly killed the whole Green Lantern mythos just to pander to Spideyfags and the MUH POWER LEVELS tenor of the era.
>>
>>80926584
that's kind of the point though, isn't it? that he's so busy being a mopey little asshole that he totally ignores all the cool life-changing shit going on in the background.
>>
Shortpacked. Some people I knew tried to get me into it, but I hated it. Then they kept referencing it all the time and I had to keep reading to keep up with them.

Thankfully, no one I know talks about it anymore.
>>
Avengers Arena. Nothing else comes close.
>>
>>80926639
It was a spinoff of the Deadpool kills the marvel universe series. That particular deadpool went full on Owlman when he realized that comic book writers dictating everyone's actions made them inherently pointless. So he tried to end it all by doing what you described while a team of literary characters led by sherlock holmes tried to stop him. It was actually pretty neat if I recall correctly.

>>80926812
Sinestro corps war was great though.
>>
>>80926918
>It was actually pretty neat
Go choke on a dick.
>>
>>80926892
It ended, which might be why.

But now it has a sequel which apparently /co/ has decided it needs a general for.
>>
>>80926969
I wish the mods would realize that hate generals/ironic generals just become generals
>>
>>80926951
Hey, if you're having your fourth-wall aware character's goal become ending reality anyway it's a pretty good route to take the plot down.
>>
>>80926918
>It was a spinoff of the Deadpool kills the marvel universe series. That particular deadpool went full on Owlman when he realized that comic book writers dictating everyone's actions made them inherently pointless. So he tried to end it all by doing what you described while a team of literary characters led by sherlock holmes tried to stop him. It was actually pretty neat if I recall correctly.

As interesting as that basic premise is, what I've read of Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe tells me it has no chance of being good.
>>
>>80926909
oh my god, this, so much

it's not even that it was bad (which it was), it's that it was so damn mean-spirited
>>
>>80926883
Yeah, I guess I never thought about that
>>
>>80927780
it's especially obvious how self-absorbed he is if you read the cast list at the end. everyone's names are replaced with "David's friend" or "David's date", or even "man in bar", even if they have stories and subplots of their own.

plus that links to all kinds of cool stuff about how David dreams of making this epic movie, and doesn't realize that he's basically living several of them over the course of the story.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.