[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Civil War II C2E2 Panel Announcements
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 24
GODS OF WAR #1 (Of 4)
DAN ABNETT (W) • EMILIO LAISO (A)
Cover art by JAY ANACLETO
Hercules comes to the front line in this book, and he has a large role to play in fate of the Marvel Universe. The series will debut in June.
Interview: http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/c2e2-exclusive-abnetts-civil-war-ii-gods-of-war-is-hercules-meets-ancient-expendables

>CBR: What does "Civil War II: Gods of War" mean for the "Hercules" ongoing? Will it continue to run alongside this series or will it return after "Civil War II" wraps?

>Abnett: The series won't run while this is on. This is going to take its place, so at the moment we're looking at "Gods of War" as a major self-contained story to run through the course of "Civil War [II]."
>>
ALL-NEW WOLVERINE #9
TOM TAYLOR (W) • MARCIO TAKARA (A)
COVER BY BENGAL
CIVIL WAR REENACTMENT VARIANT COVER BY JOYCE CHIN
Laura and Old Man Logan come face-to-face.
>>
INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #10
BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W) • MIKE DEODATO (A)
COVER BY MIKE DEODATO
CIVIL WAR REENACTMENT VARIANT COVER BY TBA
>>
>>80909568
Ah, I guess that explains why Herc wasn't solicited a last month.
>>
THE TOTALLY AWESOME HULK #7
GREG PAK (W) • ALAN DAVIS (A/C)
What happened to Bruce Banner during the 8-month gap after SECRET WARS is revealed.
>>
UNCANNY INHUMANS #11
CHARLES SOULE (W) • CARLOS PACHECO (A/C)
Medusa and the Inhumans take on Stark Industry.
Interview: http://www.newsarama.com/28480-c2e2-2016-civil-war-ii-s-stark-v-inhumans-is-catalyst-for-major-uncanny-inhumans-story-beat.html
>>
>>80909643

I'm willing to bet the book is still cancelled and this is their way of letting Abnett wrap up his plot threads while getting some CWII sales. The sales were pretty bad, I don't see it surviving past this mini.
>>
MS. MARVEL #8
G. WILLOW WILSON (W) • TAKESHI MIYAZAWA (A)
COVER BY CAMERON STEWART
Kamala has to go into battle and her heroes become tainted in her eyes.
>>
CAPTAIN AMERICA: SAM WILSON #10
NICK SPENCER (W) • ANGEL UNZUETA (A)
Cover by DANIEL ACUNA
Sam must speak to a nation that is divided.
>>
>>80909685
> inb4 edits of Karnak kicking down World Trade Center
>>
ULTIMATES #8
AL EWING (W) • KENNETH ROCAFORT (A/C)
The Ultimates have to stop Thanos, who is not on Earth.
Interview: http://www.newsarama.com/28431-c2e2-2016-thanos-returns-in-marvel-s-ultimates.html
>>
>>80909715
>her heroes become tainted in her eyes.
Wow, Kamala really is an audience surrogate. She too gets to be saddened by event character assassination.
>>
NEW AVENGERS #12
AL EWING (W) • PACO MEDINA (A)
Cover by JULIAN TOTINO TEDESCO
Roberto Da Costa and A.I.M. take on S.H.I.E.L.D.

>Al Ewing: "It's a 3-way fight between S.H.I.E.L.D., A.I.M. and the Makers."
>>
File: Nova_8_Cover_Humberto_Ramos[1].jpg (235 KB, 793x1200) Image search: [Google]
Nova_8_Cover_Humberto_Ramos[1].jpg
235 KB, 793x1200
NOVA #8
SEAN RYAN (W) • R.B. SILVA (A)
COVER BY HUMBERTO RAMOS
Nova is on the front lines of Civil War but doesn't agree with either side.
>Stark Satellite or Alpha Flight?
>>
DEADPOOL #14
GERRY DUGGAN (W) • MIKE HAWTHORNE (A)
COVER BY RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE
Deadpool and the Mercs for Money are ready for this cosmic threat.
>>
CIVIL WAR II: CHOOSING SIDES #1 (OF 6)
DECLAN SHALVEY, BRANDON EASTON, CHAD BOWERS & CHRIS SIMS (W)
DECLAN SHALVEY, GORAN SUDZUKA & LEONARDO ROMERO (A)
COVER BY JIM CHEUNG
Designs by Declan Shalvey
CHOOSING SIDES is a 6-issue anthology mini-series. The first issue will feature Nick Fury, Damage Control, and Night Thrasher. The series will debut in June.

Interview will follow after this: http://www.newsarama.com/28470-power-pack-damage-control-nick-fury-more-choosing-sides-in-new-civil-war-ii-spin-off.html

>At the Saturday C2E2 panel “Civil War II,” Marvel announced a new anthology series spinning out of the summer event featuring some fan favorites and cult favorites taking part in the struggle. Civil War II: Choosing Sides will feature the return of classic Marvel teams like Damage Control and Power Pack, a Night Thrasher story, as well as an over-arching Nick Fury story written and drawn by Declan Shalvey and colored by Jordie Bellaire.

>Newsarama talked with series editor Wil Moss about this book, which debuts in June, to find out more about the return of the Power Pack kids, what exactly Damage Control is up to, and how Marvel lured Shalvey back after his success on Moon Knight and Image Comics’ Injection.

>Newsarama: Wil, big picture -- what is Civil War II: Choosing Sides about?

>Wil Moss: It's about how Civil War II affects the Marvel Universe. It's about how the future belongs to no one and to everyone. And it's about seeing some fan-favorite characters!

>Nrama: Declan Shalvey is leading a dynamic list of creators for this anthology. How'd you go about casting this anthology?

>Moss: I like to try to use these anthologies to bring in some new-to-Marvel talent. On the last one I worked on – Original Sins -- I hired Ryan North, Erica Henderson and Chip Zdarsky, which led to Squirrel Girl and Howard the Duck. We'll see what comes from this one!
>>
>>80909904

>Declan is, of course, no spring chicken -- art-wise anyway. He'll be writing his first Marvel story here with a Nick Fury story that runs through all six issues. Writing and drawing! (With Jordie Bellaire on colors, naturally!) I knew I wanted to do a Fury serial here, and I thought it'd be fun to give this new Fury a crazy, inventive story like Steranko gave Fury Sr. back in the '60s, so I started thinking about possible artists who could write their own stories, and it's clear from everything about his work and how he approaches his career that Declan's got a keen mind and an innate sense of storytelling. I asked him if he would be interested, he whipped up an amazing outline, and we were off!

>Nrama: Tell us more about Dec’s story.

>Moss: Well so yeah, Declan will be writing and drawing (with Jordie on colors!) a Nick Fury story that'll run through all six issues -- 10 pages in the first issue, then six pages for the rest. It's an insane story, full of cool action, guest stars, gadgets, twists, turns, Inhuman predictions -- everything. I feel like we haven't done enough to make people think much of this new Fury -- I told Declan I wanted to do something about that, and boy is he doing something about it...

>And Brandon Easton -- one of the writers on the Agent Carter TV show -- is telling a Night Thrasher story, with art by Goran Sudzuka. Night Thrasher was recently brought back in Contest of Champions, and this story here returns him to the Marvel Universe proper. His story here synchs up with events in Civil War II #1 in a big way. And if all goes according to plan, this'll lead to something even bigger for Night Thrasher...
>>
>>80909949

>And then Chad Bowers & Chris Sims will be writing a Damage Control story with art by Leonardo Romero. There's a huge battle in the heart of NYC in Civil War II #1 -- and who do you call after a big super hero brawl to take care of all the destruction? Damage Control, of course. Chris & Chad love Damage Control, and they're eager to show new readers and remind existing fans why Damage Control is one of the more special teams out there in all of comics!

>Nrama: And what are some of the characters fans can look forward to in subsequent issues?

>Moss: I don't want to spoil all the fun, but a few characters you'll be seeing are: Punisher, War Machine, Jessica Jones, Power Pack.

>Nrama: There’ll be more to this story to talk about in the coming weeks, but last question: You work in Marvel's NYC offices -- has the battle lines in the comic book pages spread to the editors? Are the lead editors of Captain Marvel and Iron Man at odds? Where do you stand, Wil?

>Moss: Well, the Iron Man editor is my boss, but the Captain Marvel editor is buddies with the President of the United States, so...#TeamCarol
>>
>>80909568
So Civil War 2 is going to interrupt every book for at least a month like the original Civil War?
>>
>>80910552
The kid friendly ones like USQ or Moon Girl might not but I wouldn't be surprised if they did.
>>
>>80910616
>>80910552
Well the X-Line is getting a four issue mini, but their main books will continue as normal.
>>
>>80909568
Well that's phallic
>>
>>80909604
Wolverines!
>>
>>80909949
One good comic by a talented creative team and two bad comics from bad creative teams
>>
File: gawd.png (690 KB, 579x1083) Image search: [Google]
gawd.png
690 KB, 579x1083
>Carnage not affected at all
Best book continues to be best.
>>
File: 1441518449783.jpg (56 KB, 524x451) Image search: [Google]
1441518449783.jpg
56 KB, 524x451
>>80909568
Glad to see hercules isnt cancelled
>>
I'm starting to get the idea that Rhodey and She-Hulk dying to Thanos is a flash forward.
>>
>>80910616
Probably also All-New Inhumans because of its nature, and maybe Red Wolf, and obviously Karnak and all books that are not in the main Marvel Universe, such as X-Men '92 and Spider-Gwen.

>>80910689
>Well the X-Line is getting a four issue mini, but their main books will continue as normal.
That mini involves all the named X-Men teams (says Tom Brevoort), and their own books are in Apocalypse Wars.

More characters appearing in Civil War II from Brevoort's mouth:
>Punisher
>Jessica Drew
>Kate Bishop
>Cassie Lang

More commentary on the Civil War II teasers:
>Brevoort says the recent images with the teams for Civil War II isn't "absolute" as to the sides of the book. "It's a promotional image."
>[Rickey] Purdin says there will be 14 of the Civil War II teasers in total.
>>
File: 1454723182177.jpg (66 KB, 1024x678) Image search: [Google]
1454723182177.jpg
66 KB, 1024x678
>>80909904
>night trasher survive contest of champions
>becomes a regular in 616
>new night trasher ongoing or new warriors on the way

The only good thing we can take out of this shitty cash grab event are the comic will come out after the event.
>>
>>80911148
>>Cassie Lang
Huh, I was certain she was gonna sit out.

So, the 14 teasers, so far it has been:
>>Female Thor
>>Medusa
>>Starlord and Rocket
>>Kamala Khan
>>She-Hulk
>>Spider-Man
>>Sam Captain vs Miles
>>Young Jean Grey
>>Old Man Logan
>>Black Panther

Unless I'm forgetting some, that's 10 right there.
>>
>>80911148
>[Rickey] Purdin says there will be 14 of the Civil War II teasers in total.
How many do we have so far? 12?
>>
File: excited popcorn pepe.jpg (48 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
excited popcorn pepe.jpg
48 KB, 600x600
>>80910973
>mfw carnage sales are good enought to keep until issue 12
>>
File: 1456092311120.png (163 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
1456092311120.png
163 KB, 500x300
>>80909568
>Ares Makes his glorious come back
>>
>>80909793
>and the Makers
Oh man, we Council of Makers now?
>>
File: O fug.jpg (98 KB, 422x768) Image search: [Google]
O fug.jpg
98 KB, 422x768
>>80911479
>Hercules becomes the new god of war
>>
>>80911430
Hey it's like 30k right now, that's good
>>
>>80909904
>the Power Pack kids
But Alex joined Reed with The Foundation. Is he going to be conspicuously absent, or will they have just forgotten that little detail.
>>
>>80911148
>Brevoort says the recent images with the teams for Civil War II isn't "absolute" as to the sides of the book. "It's a promotional image."
so does that include the covers showing carol and tony's teams right behind them?
>>
>>80911559
actually he is 28k but that is good enought, he is doing better than the other marvel books thee tried to promote like all new inhumans or Venom space boring knight
>>
>>80911659
He's outselling Squirrel Girl!!!!!!
>>
>>80911592
I guess they are going to deal with Alex being "gone", if i am not wrong there is a lesbian in the power pack and they other 2 havent appeared in years.
>>
>>80911479
He made his glorious come back in Contest of Champions. Although I guess since Night Thrasher is getting out of CoC and back to 616, that's probably a pretty good sign that the rest of them are too.
>>
File: carnage sales.png (199 KB, 692x728) Image search: [Google]
carnage sales.png
199 KB, 692x728
He is really close to pass ultimates and Carol solo book.

Also /co/ told me Carol new book was good, how come she is a 28k in just issue 2 ?
>>
>>80911894
fuck i mean to reply to >>80911728 about carnage sales
>>
>>80911894
>Also /co/ told me Carol new book was good, how come she is a 28k in just issue 2 ?
because she doesn't sell
>>
>>80911894
Captain Falcon sinking like stone.
>>
>>80911894
Because she doesn't have as many fans as marvel wants people to think.

I'm curious as to what her sales will be since KSD isn't on it.
>>
>>80911894
Because Carol doesn't really sell.
Just because Marvel has been trying to promote her as their Wonder Woman for the past 3 years doesn't mean she actually is. If anything that was Wanda's thing before that fiasco with Bendis.
>>
>>80909765
Also origin story to the team.
>>
>>80909989
Glad to see Damage Control pop in. I recall a DC story being teased a while ago.
>>
Anyone else go to the panel today?
Spencer signed my Foes Omnibus earlier that day, and answered my question in the Q&A
>>
>>80912084
>b-b-but my new diverse audience digital sales
>>
>>80911894
>Also /co/ told me Carol new book was good, how come she is a 28k in just issue 2 ?
Because sales do not now, nor have they ever, equalled quality. More often than not, the inverse is true, because your average comic buyer has the worst fucking taste imaginable.
>>
File: 1431233613928.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1431233613928.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>80911792
>Ares on Uncanny Avengers
>Ares on Ultimates
>>
>>80911357
Do you have any Jewbook photo of the Civil War II #2 cover that was shown at C2E2?

>How many do we have so far? 12?
Yes. With these and that pic, I'm sure only Tony solo is left.
>>
>>80913239
It was Tony escaping from some kind of flying stronghold with the new Inhuman hanging from hand.
>>
>>80914458
Civil War II #2 cover or final teaser?
>>
>>80909715
This Stewart faggot now works on Marvel covers? I hope he fucks off DC.
>>
>>80914618
#2 cover. Also, was confirmed that the early promo piece of FalCap and Tony fighting was from the early formulation of the storyline under a time crunch. Since then, the story has changed so they aren't the sides to it. Spencer had a joke about he was making contradict every promotional art piece/cover released for his characters.
Also, said Steve is remaining neutral and trying to prevent either side from escalating, but Brevort chimed in with an argument about how whether Steve would have gone back to stop Hitler before his rise to power in the 1930s, and how as the event goes on, the moral questions get grayer and grayer with specificity.
>>
>>80912501
>past 3 years.
More like past 7-8 years.
>>
>>80912501

No no. Bevroort said they aren't trying to make her their Wonder Woman because they want her to be a character that actually sells.

He also seems to be under the impression that Carol's book is a success.
>>
Seriously, what's the longest Marvel has gone WITHOUT doing a fucking event in recent memory?
>>
>>80915368

Marvel will always make the exact same mistakes that crashed the fucking industry over and over again. It's just going to be like this for all eternity.
>>
>>80915297
Brevoort is an incompetent fat fuck who should be sucking Robert Downey Jr and Bob Iger's dicks every week. If it weren't for them Marvel would probably have gone bankrupt by now.
>>
>>80911357
>dat phil noto

AWWW YISS
>>
>another event

I stopped reading cuckvel after secret wars. I thought it just ended? ANOTHER fucking event? Do they even have any stories to base this on?

I stopped reading cuckvel, and my headcanon os that the entire marvel U died during the incursions. I never made it past secret Wars #1.
>>
>>80915297
Is Brevroot the faggiest cuck in comic industry currently?
>>
>>80909715
I knew they'd drag Kamala into this, but it doesn't make it any easier to deal with.
>>
>>80909715
>heroes
Hopefully this means she's disgusted by both sides
>>
>>80909837
Good for this kid . This event suck
>>
>>80909568
LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND
>>
>>80911894
>implying there's a corelation between how good a book is and how much it sells
If that were true, Whor wouldn't be one of Marvel's best selling titles and Vision one of the worst selling ones.
>>
>>80909568
>not even a year and it's another event
>and secret wars lasted until a few months into the relaunches

They are really speeding up the death of comics.
>>
File: JuneChecklistSneekPeek.jpg (218 KB, 574x443) Image search: [Google]
JuneChecklistSneekPeek.jpg
218 KB, 574x443
The release dates for those minis and tie-ins will be revealed with the solicitations on Tuesday.
>>
>>80909568
>Bendis
JUST
>>
>>80909715
I'm just glad that Kamala will realize Carol a Shit.
>>
>>80909735
>coffin
There's...there's no way they'd kill Steve again like a month after his new book starts, right?
>>
>>80922281
>There's...there's no way they'd kill Steve again like a month after his new book starts, right?
Yes.

Inside that coffin may be one of FalCap's friends.
>>
I just don't see why Captain Marvel is such a big deal. She's never really amounted to much. I'm not against her getting a big push, but we are forced to believe she is some celebrated hero in the marvel universe and she just isn't. She's an on again off-again type. She's not leading anyone into any civil wars.
>>
>>80912501
But, anon, people don't want a flawed, human character like Wanda, Marvel told me they want perfect Carol and her perfectly perfect hero-ing.

Characters like Scarlet Witch, Storm, and She-Hulk, have actual followings.

Captain Marvel is what Marvel thinks people should like.
>>
>>80915060
>but Brevort chimed in with an argument about how whether Steve would have gone back to stop Hitler before his rise to power in the 1930s
Well no. He let a clone of Hitler live his life instead of killing him
>>
>>80921723
>Kamala, join our side
>No, all of you are fucking crazy
>Bitch, I dragged my friend kicking and screaming from her daughter last time we had one of these, don't test me
>>
File: 1449987054587.png (527 KB, 576x619) Image search: [Google]
1449987054587.png
527 KB, 576x619
So is anything from this All-New, All-Different crap worth a read? Especially for newcomers?
>>
>>80923883
Vision and Ultimates. That's it
>>
>>80923773
And Shulkie is a lawyer sworn to uphold the law, meaning she believes the crime should come before the punishment given reasonable evidence that the perpetrator is, in fact, guilty of such a crime.

>>80915060
>and how as the event goes on, the moral questions get grayer and grayer with specificity.
No one really believes, do they?
>>
>>80924061
>Ultimates
Only if you can endure shilling.
>>
>>80924061
Not even Power Man & Iron Fist or Daredevil?
>>
>>80923844
kek
>>
>>80924115
Daredevil is shit. PM&IF is fun though
>>
>>80924269
Is it worse than Diggledevil?
>>
>>80920017
Marvel's been doing 2-3 events a year for a while now. Secret Wars was supposed to be done a long time ago, but Hickman not knowing how to end it and the artist sucking at scheduling kept it going for way longer
>>
New interviews on two of Civil War II's miniseries:

Amazing Spider-Man: http://www.newsarama.com/28484-amazing-spider-man-enters-civil-war-ii.html

>Nrama: Big picture, what are your goals for this miniseries?

>Gage: I've read the first few scripts for Civil War II, as well as a synopsis of the entire series, and let me tell you, it's big. On many levels. So rather than duplicate that, I am hoping to, one, show how and why Spider-Man chooses the side he does; and two, how it affects Spidey and other characters Spidey fans have come to know on a very personal level. Spider-Man's central theme of power and responsibility looms large in all his stories, but in this one, there's a new twist to it. Other things can come with great power, too...
Gods of War: http://www.newsarama.com/28485-hercules-assembles-a-mythological-expendables-for-civil-war-ii-gods-of-war.html

>Newsarama: Dan, the first question is the obvious one -- what will Civil War II: Gods of War be about?

>Dan Abnett: During this big event, Herc is an outsider. In a crazy way, this story is sort of like a comic book realizing there’s a cross-over happening and trying to be part of it. Herc’s a bad boy, party animal ways have basically got him shunned by his fellow heroes and old friends, so when this kicks off, no one tells him.
>>
>>80924098
You really should stop using words that you don't understand the definition of.
>>
>>80923883
Carnage if you like old Marvel horror books like Tomb of Dracula.
>>
>>80909568
At least we get more Abnett Hercules
>>
>>80909765
>Rocafort America
MUH DICK
>>
>>80911894
>Captain Marvel is good
>That, Spidey, Ultimates, Captain Falcon, Starfire, NSS, and Titans Hunt have shit numbers
This hurts
>>
>>80915297
>Carol can barely support one book
>Diana managed to support and is still supporting 3 at one time + a book that she shares with Clark
I know he's probably just being a dick, but lol

>>80915368
Didn't they do that for Heroic Age?
But Marvel has had two events having issues in the same year for a while now.
>>
>>80926463
>Didn't they do that for Heroic Age?

Heroic Age lasted a year. Less if you count Chaos War or Shadowland as major crossovers.
>>
>>80911894
Because quality is not equal of sales

Captain Marvel got a huge boost of quality from the last volume/writer/slut of Fraction but still it does not sell well

>>80909568
When was the last time we got great tie-ins in a event like this?
>>
>>80926866
Secret Wars if you count the minis. Otherwise, AXIS.

Generally, every event has at least some great tie-ins. The only one I can think of that didn't really have any was Original Sin.
>>
>>80923844
Sad thing is, after the event Kamala will be back to worshiping Carol like this whole mess never happened.
>>
>>80909685
Why is Karnak bone white?
>>
>>80909765
>Marvel forcing Rocafort to tone down female proportions
what a waste of talent
>>
>>80912832
What did you ask?
>>
>>80929707
>tone down america
>makes her clothing more revealing
Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.