[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, what is /co/'s opinion on Heavy Metal/Metal Hurlant?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7
File: Taarna.jpg (637 KB, 1012x1256) Image search: [Google]
Taarna.jpg
637 KB, 1012x1256
So, what is /co/'s opinion on Heavy Metal/Metal Hurlant?
>>
Problematic, I'm glad this kind of trash died off.
>>
File: And one moving violation.jpg (26 KB, 490x323) Image search: [Google]
And one moving violation.jpg
26 KB, 490x323
>>80905410
Heres your reply. The magazine is still going strong and the movie has recently been released on Blu Ray.
>>
I really liked it, I still have the VHS.

Some segments kinda drag on, though.
>>
CALLING HANNOVER FIST!
>>
First movie was rad as hell. 2000 sucked.
>>
Starchaser was a better Heavy Metal movie than Heavy Metal.
>>
>>80905317
I like it all right, but I'm mad stoked for the Morrison issues to start coming out
>>
>>80905317
Cool ol' movie!

but /co/ hate everything before the 90's, especially if it's about "adult cartoon", for /co/ this is just some "dadrock movie".
>>
>>80905410
You are a weak soft ass pleb.
>>
Juvenile, tawdry, and immature.
Also incredibly fun and awesome.
And boobs.
>>
>>80905317
Mostly an excuse to show boobs, but it was a joy to watch. I wish they still made movies like this.
>>
I hope to god the reboot, remake, revitalization never happens...

Be it the current "world views", or the fact that present day music couldn't hold a candle to what I remember Heavy Metal being at its core, I just want to remember it fondly in my Nostalgia banks and not see the horrors of what may be tread upon once more in the future.
>>
>>80907454
>but /co/ hate everything before the 90's, especially if it's about "adult cartoon", for /co/ this is just some "dadrock movie".
Dear fucking god, what has become of this place...
>>
>>80915382
Good job getting trolled.
>>
It awesome and i like the magazine too
>>
File: 3930399-269.jpg (446 KB, 941x1280) Image search: [Google]
3930399-269.jpg
446 KB, 941x1280
maybe im just drunk but. . .

this movie is literally a part of me. I watched this for the first time when i was 3 years old with my dad. it was totally his kind of thing, he loved everything about it. it was a little peak into his world, but he was a troubled man and he killed himself before i was a teenager. and every time I watch this movie or listen to the soundtrack I can remember being a little kid just watching cartoons with my dad feeling like a kid should with his father.

but hey nobody on this stupid chinese cartoon site cares
>>
File: MajorBoobage05.jpg (14 KB, 455x412) Image search: [Google]
MajorBoobage05.jpg
14 KB, 455x412
I think this movie showed me how much my tastes have changed over the years. When I watched this at... 13 I think, I used to hate the stories that didn't have any rockin' tits in them. Nowadays, the Hanover Fist and the one with the zombies and planes are my favorites.
>>
Never saw the second movie, but still enjoy the first one. I never understood why in the movie, they used "We're Through Being Cool" by Devo, but on the soundtrack, they replaced it with "Working in a Coal Mine". Used to read the magazine religiously when I was a teen age acid head. Haven't picked up a copy in years, though. They had some great artists.
>>
>>80905317
Misogyny distilled into ink and paper.
>>
>>80905317
It was pretty good, but Rock & Rule was better.
>>
HEAD BANGERS IN LEATHER

SPARKS FLYIN' IN THE MIDDLE O' THA' NIGHT
>>
>>80914493
Oldfag here (47), What you said totally. I just d/l'd the bluray rip... haven't seen this in 25 years. Definitely brought back memories of when at age 14 my best friend and I watched it on beta. Although underaged we managed to talk his Dad into renting it for us. :^)
>>
One of my favorites, like others have said I watched it with my dad all the time. Its a total dad movie. His favorite was WW2 zombies, mine was Den of Earth. I recently got the blu ray and its got some sweet extras
>>
https://youtu.be/miar5eKG4uY
>>
>>80918044
:(
>>
>>80916759
Feels, bro.
I watched this with my uncle at a young age. We always talked bout the different worlds and what would happen in them. He had stacks of the magazines he passed off to me when I became a teen.
Keep living the Heavy Metal dream and don't let any negativity get in your way.
>>
Why would they accompany dadrock with animation?
>Hey here's music only 30-40yo+ old farts listen to, let's combine it with a medium aimed at children and let's also fill it with imagery that is aimed at young adults
The whole thing makes no fucking sense.

Don't get me wrong, the magazines are full of all kinds of cool shit for teens and kick ass, but the movie adaption really dropped the ball with the soundtrack.
>>
File: Youshallnotkill.png (825 KB, 850x422) Image search: [Google]
Youshallnotkill.png
825 KB, 850x422
>>
I know your post is bait but i did got mad

>>80918044
Pic related, Morrison mad at a faggot like you
>>
File: F.A.K.K.2-00_fc_s.jpg (349 KB, 794x1080) Image search: [Google]
F.A.K.K.2-00_fc_s.jpg
349 KB, 794x1080
I always thought Heavy Metal 2000 was based on the FAKK2 comic by Eastman & Bisley, but apperently its based on Melting Pot (also by Eastman & Bisley)... does anyone have it?
>>
>>80910109
This
>>
>>80922592
micheal jackson?
>>
>>80924805
close, Eastmans ex-wife
>>
>Heavy Metal
>Barely any of the music is remotely close to heavy

Granted it was 1980, but still
>>
>>80905317
Rad as fuck, in that gleefully teenage sort of way.

The B-17 sequence is legitimately terrifying, though
>>
>>80927645
The soundtrack was good though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELUP-oZQKM4
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.