[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So...should Frank get his own Netflix series?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 7
File: image.png (123 KB, 480x283) Image search: [Google]
image.png
123 KB, 480x283
So...should Frank get his own Netflix series?
>>
>>80902455
Id dig one. but it'd need multiple stories or have to be like six episodes. Cos Frank has no Arc beyond the threadbare one they had in DD season 2. It's kind of his deal and for 13 hours it might get tiresome.
>>
No.
>>
>>80902455
MICRO
What does that mean?
Since I guess he isn't suppose to put it in the microwave.
>>
>>80903373
Who's the guy who works with him?
>>
Micro?
>>
YES TELL ALL MY MONEY
>>
>>80902455
>>80902455
>>80902649
Yeah, I think it would work best as a Samurai Jack-esque "Frank travels America and kills crime"

I don't really see how you could do a long-term arc, other than maybe having one of Frank's enemies put a bounty on his head and he has to stay mobile, pick off the hitmen one by one, and finally take out the boss himself.
>>
>>80902455
Frank was easily the best part of the show, but he was great because he wasn't the star, I think. Frank has very few friends, no love interests (except the occaisional girl he bones and moves on) and almost no drama. He's a great character, but is limited because everyone knows who he is. Doing a 13 episode of him would be extremely challenging.
>>
>>80903373
>>80905008
You ppl should know who that is. Also not the first time he's been mentioned in the MCU

>AoS
>>
>>80902455
Frank should replace all other Netflix series. I want two Frank seasons per year.
>>
>>80902649
13 episodes based on Punisher MAX, i'd be in heaven

I'd be happy if we just got 1 season of solo Frank
>>
If he finds the dog and goes on an adventure with it, yes.
>>
>>80903373
>tfw the word Micro triggers you due to your Micro Benis
>>
>>80902455
yes and they should do he slavers
>>
>>80909916
>AoS
>MCU
nope
>>
>>80902455
>Peter MacNicol has already been wasted in the MCU and will NEVER play Micro
Maybe they afford John Goodman?
>>
>>80907412
War Journal would be great.
>>
>>80910592
DD S2 has references to AoS. It's as canon as Daredevil is.
>>
Wayne Knight as Micro when?
>>
>>80909428
Punisher works best when he's the villain because that's what he is
>>
>>80910984
Foggy please go, no one liked you this season.
>>
>>80902455
no
>>
File: akane.png (14 KB, 281x216) Image search: [Google]
akane.png
14 KB, 281x216
>>80910984
>>80911012
>mfw Karen gets caught up in the heat of the moment and says The Punisher is right
>Matt can't respond
>She realizes what she's said
That was intense
>>
I rather see a Moon Knight series tbqh
>>
>>80902455
Only if it's Space Punisher
>>
>>80910880
So, not at all?
>>
>>80902455
>>80902649
Punisher doesn't really work well with a structured seasonal story arc format.

A Punisher show would work much better as an anthology series - mini-arcs of 1-3 episodes telling short standalone stories. Like Max or War Journals there'd be recurring plot threads and characters that would sometimes come up, but it'd be much more free-flowing.

Such a format would not only work better with the character and his style of stories, but would also be more convenient for writers, actors, production, etc. The actor playing Barracuda is busy with another project this season? Push his next mini-arc to next season. Not enough budget for thirteen big episodes? Come up with a few clever, low-budget story ideas each season.

It'd also provide a lot of nice opportunities for guest appearances and guest writers like getting Garth Ennis to guest write the odd episode or Samuel L Jackson to shop up once in a blue moon as Fury.
>>
>>80913358
I thought that was plausible now that Jean had a brief chat with Elektra. or am i missing something?
>>
File: blade.jpg (78 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
blade.jpg
78 KB, 1280x720
id really dig a fucking Blade show where the fuck is one
>>
>>80914247
it would need to have Michael B Jordan as Blade with Snipes as an old wise nigga or it's gonna be a corny Blackula with the old movies stigma
>>
>>80914345

>Michael B. Jordan

He looks way too goofy to be Blade
>>
Of course give him a series, how is that even a question?

My only hope of that they have him actually interacting with the superhero world. Even in the comics he feels a little too "Genetic Gritty Action Hero" if captain America or Bullseye don't show up now and then.
>>
>a blade movie without Snipes

no thanks. i'd boycott
>>
>>80902455
yes but it has to be like 3 episode arcs.

1st Arc: "Welcome Back Frank."
Frank, working with Micro, starts taking out a High Profile Mafia Family could be Ma Gnucci or Nicky Cavella. In either the second or third episode he throws one of the Family's Enforcers Billy Russo out a plate glass window setting up Jigsaw later.

2nd Arc: "The Slavers"
Frank saves a woman who interrupted one of his hits and finds out about a large Human Trafficking/Prostitution Ring. He begins to take out the Romanian Mob running the ring. Just the Slavers Arc from MAX.

3rd Arc: "Barracuda"
Just the Barracuda Arc from MAX only in New York.

4th Arc: "Jigsaw:
The fight is taken to Frank as Jigsaw has gathered the remains of many of the gangs and families that Frank has taken out. He cuts off Franks suppliers and allies, kills Micro, he digs up Franks Family and sends a video of it to the News in order to set him off. Everything comes to a head in the last episode where Frank kills all of Jigsaws men in a huge firefight action scene. Gets into a huge knock down drag out fight with Jigsaw. Frank eventually kills Jigsaw, mourns Micro and we see Frank planning to leave New York to take his War to a new City. Final Scene is of Fisk out of Prison looking down on New York from a highrise penthouse we hear on a news report voice over about how the crimerate in New York has reached record lows. Pull in to a close up reflection of Fisk's face as he looks out at New York and a delighted smug smile crosses his face.
>>
>>80914345
>Michael B Jordan
naw I'd go with Damion Poitier.
>>
>>80902455
>Micro lives?

Fuck you Ennis! Fuck you in your cape-hating ass!
>>
Rather have Ghost Rider, but that's never gonna happen in this lifetime
>>
>>80913676
>>80910592
When did this meme start?
>>
>>80915118
we got a Guardians of the Galaxy movie dude. I think at this point anything is possible.
>>
>>80902455
So fucking Yes!

I hope for Punisher in LA.
>>
>>80915163
>Punisher in LA.
my biggest problem with that run was the mask he wore. that and I loved Ruckas Frank so much that Franking suddenly being beefed up again was kinda disappointing.
>>
>tfw no love for Dixon
I think he's the one best suited to write Frank for television, he gets the character, and understands storytelling.
>>
>>80902455
I hope so.
>>
>>80915442
>>80902455
Sorry but they confirmed weeks ago that he wasn't getting one.
>>
>>80902649
Do the Cole-Alves arc. Show how Frank fits into the larger superhero world and also give him someone to talk to to exposit around.
>>
>>80915619
I feel like that arc only works with Frank fairly established in the world for a while. at least to the point where the Avengers know of him.
>>
Yes especially when you could have Finn Cooley who will no doubt be a bigger part of Franks life than in Max comics and wouldn't be surprised if he was MCU Jig Saw
>>
>>80915698
The Avengers could easily be replaced with a task force or even SHIELD with little effort, and it's not like there won't be an APB out once he blows up his old house.
>>
>>80914969
Works as long as you don't kill Barracuda and have him come back the next season.
>>
>>80915854
still Frank needs to have been the Punisher for a while before we bring her in. She's is most definitely a season 2 story.
>>
>>80915938
of course. leave his death ambiguous.
>>
>>80910274
I'd watch the hell out of the exploits of Frank and Dog.
It bugged the hell out of me we never learned what happened to him.
>>
>>80914247
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0823333/
have fun
>>
>>80910880
>Daredevil season one has weird kids and black sky
>Agents of Shit include it in their show explaining it as Inhumans
>Daredevil season two complete contradicts this explanation

Looks like Agents of Shit isn't canon.
>>
>>80915053
>Damion Poitier.
Fuck that Sydney Poitier.
>>
>>80914204
when did this happen? I completely missed it
>>
>>80902455
What does Micro mean?
>>
>>80921375
Small. Or if used in science or technology 10^-6.
>>
>>80915809
He's fucking dead, m8.
>>
>>80921375
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microchip_(comics)
/spoonfeed
>>
>>80921536
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microchip_(comics)
cheers m8
>>
File: 1427438750702.gif (1 MB, 209x180) Image search: [Google]
1427438750702.gif
1 MB, 209x180
>>80914969
I can see this all happening. We do pretty much have plot hooks for a Punisher series with him outright stating he'll be coming after Fisk next.
>>
>>80910213
If we got fucking barracuda or bullseye max id lose my god damn mind.

If we got a cuda solo id accept the inevitability of death knowing that I have been blessed to live in the greatest of timelines.
>>
I sort of agree with the people that say it would be a stretch to do a whole Punisher series, but what stops Netflix from doing a movie?
>>
>>80913114

Which episode?
>>
>>80909428

>He's a great character

Not really. He's more like a legend. He's a vehicle for telling stories of revenge and blood-lust. And there is nothing wrong with that. He exists to challenge the morality of the other heroes, to shame them for their failures.
>>
>>80921520
Finn Cooley in the comics has a mask holding his face together after a botched explosion. He was shot with a pellet spread, not a slug - those are survivable, albeit very rarely. The guy dick cheney shot on accident was point blank with birdshot (albeit not in the face).

I wouldn't put it past them to bring Finn back and do Punisher Season 1: Kitchen Irish
>>
>>80911012
Foggy was alpha-bro this season. Shut down a bitch of a DA, talked down 2 faggot gangbangers, and knocked the Frank Castle trial out of the park til Frank fucked it up himself on purpose?

Dude is fucking awesome.
>>
>>80915574

Show your sources.
>>
>>80914969
>Blowing through the best of the MAX series in 1 season
With a bit of good writing, you could turn each arc into 1 season. I don't want to see Slavers and Jigsaw anywhere near each other desu,
>>
File: detail.jpg (128 KB, 550x835) Image search: [Google]
detail.jpg
128 KB, 550x835
>>80915246
Solid Frank is best Frank.
>>
>>80902455
Yes, next question.
>>
>>80902455
Just adapt Rucka punisher.
>>
It would have to be more methodical. I know he was just starting out, but I didn't like how non-methodical he was: Max and war diaries always had him planning everything in great detail.
>>
If they were going to do it, I think they'd mix a few of Ennis' arcs together.
Maybe take the fat Russian general and make him the guy supplying heroin to Clancy Brown. With Clancy dead, he starts working with the slave traders to run the New York drug trade. After Frank fucks everyone's shit up, bring in someone like The Russian or Barracuda.
>>
>>80910592
Just because they don't directly interact doesn't mean they aren't canon, shitposter
>>
>>80914204
Isn't he dead now though? Kind of a waste of a character.
>>
>>80929544
Wait, never mind, that was Jaques.
>>
>>80920877
>Agents of Shit include it in their show explaining it as Inhumans
No they didn't, but thanks for outing yourself as having no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>80911012
Marci did. She's so it if his league it's not even funny.
>>
>>80920877
Agents of SHIELD never once mentioned Black Sky.
>>
>>80914154
>Garth Ennis to guest write the odd episode

Hell, just adapt the whole Garth Ennis run, its the only Punisher comic I read anyway. Punisher needs wacky but fucked up shit, without that he is just too edgy.
>>
Do you think Frank asked for the divorce?
>>
>>80931382
This Frank? No. Not a chance.
>>
>>80928599

>implying Goran Parlov Frank isn't the Frankest Frank
>>
>>80931247
He probably meant blacked Skye
>>
>>80926964

So can we then have a miniseries like Brian Azzarellos Joker?
>>
>>80929415

They should also make Frank interact with kids. I think that's when he's at his best.
>>
>>80934470
have the first episode open with frank tracking down the people behind the 12 year old girl video and it's the family from that issue
>>
Can I get some Frank memes here pls?
>>
>>80902455
Yes. Netflix should have ordered a Frank series instead of Jennifer Jones
>>
File: JohnGoodman.jpg (35 KB, 534x401) Image search: [Google]
JohnGoodman.jpg
35 KB, 534x401
Who would you guys cast as Micro? I'd choose pic related.
>>
>>80935706
>Jennifer Jones
A literal "Who?!" character til she showed up on Netflix. They probably needed some bullshit SJW show and opted for her.
>>
>>80936385
I'd take a gander at Patton Oswalt as Micro. Short, chubby, big 'ol fucking nerd. That and it's not like he's doing anything lately.
>>
>>80936385
Jason Alexander or just get Wayne Knight again
>>
>>80902455

>First few episodes are about Frank meeting up with Microchip and teaming with him to avenge his dead son by getting Wilson Fisk. The main enemy of the first arc can be a pre-face fuck Jigsaw with him getting fucked up at the end.
>The next few episodes involve Frank and Micro continuing their war against Kingpin while growing closer and becoming more efficient. Kingpin calls in The Russian to deal with Frank and Micro.
>The next few episodes are Frank vs. Kingpin's goons led by the Russian with personal arcs about Micro starting to chafe against Frank's methods and Frank becoming Franker.
>The final few episodes could feature Frank finally killing the Russian, launching one final raid on the Kingpin's tower with Micro and seemingly killing him. Ends with Micro and Frank parting ways over disagreeing with one another on how things are done and with Jigsaw waking up from his coma with his face all fucked up.
>>
File: jorge-garcia-04.jpg (680 KB, 2160x2700) Image search: [Google]
jorge-garcia-04.jpg
680 KB, 2160x2700
>>80936385
Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.