[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I gotta admit, there's something strangely appealing about it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: Uncle-Grandpa-Episode-14-Jorts.jpg (114 KB, 580x331) Image search: [Google]
Uncle-Grandpa-Episode-14-Jorts.jpg
114 KB, 580x331
I gotta admit, there's something strangely appealing about it
>>
File: ule gapa.webm (3 MB, 623x360) Image search: [Google]
ule gapa.webm
3 MB, 623x360
You know what the appeal is?

It's a cartoon. That's just it. It's a silly cartoon and doesn't pretend to be anything else. It doesn't try to be "dramatic" or "serious" with overarching stories like other shows or even perpetuate their stock brand of humor.

From that standpoint I think it's very genuine and heartfelt, you honestly don't see that kinda stuff in animation nowadays. If Uncle Grandpa was a 90s show, I'm sure everybody would have loved it. It really feels like it's from that time.
>>
What I like about the show is that it is very confident in it's humor, never talking down to or making fun of any demographic, and instead focusing on surrealist humor. It also has Adam DeVine, and I'm a fan of Workaholics.
>>
The writing isn't always up to snuff but it's a decent, earnest show
>>
>>80879484
>From that standpoint I think it's very genuine and heartfelt, you honestly don't see that kinda stuff in animation nowadays
So things like SU and GF aren't genuine or heartfelt? Bummer...
>>
I've never laughed because of this show. How is it good if I can't watch it without thinking about how stupid it appears to be.
Not trying to hate the show itself but what CN has come to realise what sells best is a basically cancer.
>>
>>80877394
It's an original IP so that already puts it above TTG and the PPG reboot.
>>
>>80881314
Hi /sug/!
>>
Better than adventure time
>>
>>80881493
this sadly
>>
>>80881493
wrong, both are better.
>>
>>80881493
>>80881529
It's better than Steven Universe.
>>
>>80881232
you know damn well SU is not genuine
>>
>>80881621
How is it not genuine?
>>
>>80881590
hold your tongue
>>
Eh it's really hit or miss but it can be kinda fun. Like I liked the Xena Mad Max parody, and Uncle Grandpa Babies was kinda funny especially seeing Regan and generic communist with all actual political logos replaced with a frowny face.
>>
>>80879484
plenty of other shows have pulled the silly cartoon angle much better though. Like actually having humor beyond lol random.
>>
>>80879484
>>80879763
These.

The show is earnest and confident in what it wants to be, and I think that's very respectable.
>>
It's definitely not as bad as everyone makes it out to be
>>
>>80881716
>I liked the Xena Mad Max parody

Me too. I wouldn't mind if they made more of those seemingly unrelated serial shorts.
>>
It's a pretty fun show.
I went into it thinking I would hate it. Got plenty of sensible chuckles out of it.
I also like how it throws around a good bit of visual gags you might not notice until you watch an episode again.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-12-28-07h15m35s224.jpg (397 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-12-28-07h15m35s224.jpg
397 KB, 1280x720
It's aight.
>>
Great artstyle but mediocre writing. It's really not a bad show, though, but it's missing something to really push it. Not saying it needs lore or drama though, but idk it doesn't stand out in terms of humor. It's purely a writing issue.
>>
>>80879484
>ule gapa

YOU THOUGHT IT WOULD BE UNCLE GRANDPA!

BUT IT WAS ME!
ULE GAPA!
>>
>>80882902
I wish you'd go to jail
>>
Loved that weird-man comic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfZmfg1580c
>>
I didn't care for it at first but it grew on me a lot.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.