[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
things that you never understood: Is he a fucking murderer?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: Scott_p_by_radiomaru.png (154 KB, 632x900) Image search: [Google]
Scott_p_by_radiomaru.png
154 KB, 632x900
things that you never understood:

Is he a fucking murderer? He punches people so hard that they burst into coins, so that means that they died and literally nobody gives a shit?

Do the video game references have a point at all? Or is just wanking material for gamers?
>>
Do references have a point at all? Is there a point to anything? The answer is no
>>
>>80810554
The official statement is that once they're defeated they respawn at home contemplating their life choices.
>>
It's a comedy comic.

Try not to overthink it.
>>
>all this for a girl
>>
>>80810554
Wallace Wells the best character, we're all in agreement about that, right?
>>
>>80811062

I don't know man, even a comedy has to make sense.

specially since the characters just fucking dissapear!

And Scott basically got killed at the end
>>
>>80811751
>I don't know man, even a comedy has to make sense.

its a universe where people respawn after they are "killed" if they have extra lives. and since most people what an extra live looks like, its common to have them
>>
>>80811751
video game logic, man
>>
>>80811098

>Brian Omalley divorced his rl ramona like 2 years after Scott Pilgrim was done
>>
>>80811842
>where people respawn

we never saw that shit on the movie or the comic
>>
>>80811751
You have autism
>>
>>80811986
we see scott respawning and its not a big deal for anyone
>>
>>80811955
>not wifeing Knives
>>
>>80812058

that scene was presented as a big deal and traveled back in time too?
>>
big deal for the reader, not for people there

they reacted just about the same during the knives and ramona fight in the library

if you can't wrap your head around local causality in fictional worlds then don't read science fiction / fantasy
>>
>>80811028
Almost. They respawn once they learn something about themselves.

The game implied that Gideon has yet to respawn, since he refuses to acknowledge any mistakes.
>>
>>80812226
that makes sense, I like it
>>
>>80810554
wank
>>
>>80811335
wallace wells is my husbando. he is perfect. no flaws
>>
File: 1430480043951.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1430480043951.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>80810554
>and literally nobody gives a shit?
This fact is treated completely straight, yet it obviously makes no sense to a grounded human being. One might call it a subversion of what you might expect. Some experts that frequent pretty much every place but here refer to this utterly nonsensical style of writing as "humour". It is a trope commonly found in writing meant to cause an uncontrolled reaction of the lungs and vocal cords of the viewer that is refered to as laughter. Despite laughter being a seemingly strong disruption of a vital bodily function, it is usually not in any way harmful to a human.
>>
>>80815683

>Xan Kriegor

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/specksunreal
>>
>>80810554
I had a lot of fucking questions while reading this comic.
The fight scenes were confusing as well, I had no idea how powerful Scott so they weren't really fights.
>>
>>80810554
They all just respawn at their last checkpoint. But most of them don't live anywhere near Scott and they don't wanna pay to go back again.
>>
>>80812058
Scott had a 1UP, which was implied to be really rare and everyone was like "whoa shit" when he got it.

Still, I could believe that the Ex's just re spawned when they lost, while Scott would die if he lost. In video games, the stakes are always higher for the Protagonist after all
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.