[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can't fucking believe it. They have actually reduced Cass
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
I can't fucking believe it. They have actually reduced Cass into a prop in Harper fucking Row's story. The best female character used to hard-sell the worst. What the fuck DC? This sort of shit is why no one likes you.
>>
>>80806057
I don't know much about Cassandra. Are there any good stories with her?
>>
>>80806138

The original Puckett run of her solo title is the place to start. If you don't like that, you don't like Cass.

I'm also fond of JL Elite.
>>
>>80806057
Nobody gives a shit about Cass
Her Batgirl series was a low seller and eventually she got written out entirely for Cassie

Now she's back and Harper was already around because DC didn't want to use her anymore.

Eternal has always been the vehicle to push Harper as a character and that's what this book did.

It also managed to give Cass her old origin back while tying her to a much better character than some random person.
>>
>>80806138
none
She was a flash in the pan early 2000s character
She has some annoying fans on the internet who like to pretend she was a good character because she didn't talk.
>>
>>80806467
>Her Batgirl series was a low seller

Actually, it sold more issue-per-issue than Simone's Babsgirl run did.

>It also managed to give Cass her old origin back

Why do you lie so much? Is it some weird sex thing?
>>
>>80806467
> to a much better character
See that's where you gave away your trolling. Don't overplay your hand.
>>
>>80806138
Some. She's known for being targeted by editorial who gave her over to a writer who didn't get the character or really knew anything about her.
>>
>>80806138
The entirety of her first solo run.
>>80806467
>and eventually she got written out entirely for Cassie
Who the fuck is Cassie?
>>
This is pretty bad.
>>
Cass has done literally nothing in this whole series other than deliver a USB stick.
>>
>>80806467
>eternal has always been a Harper Rown vehicle
And that's why it's shit.
>>
Why is DC still acting like Harper matters?
>>
>>80806057
>The best female character
Top lel that's why nobody likes you cassfags.
>>
>>80806138
Not really, she's got a nice design and an intriguing setup and gimmick but she's been consistently misused, there's the occasional issue and or scene that can be salvaged
>>
>>80806662
and kill Harper's mom and beat Dick and cry some more
Yeah she sucks in this
She should do something else like not show any emotion
>>
>>80806057
>the best female character

So glad to have an unbiased opinion.
>>
The butthurt over Harper Row overshadowing past fan favorites Dick and Cass is so shallow and apparent
I'm sorry this was the last chance Dick had to get some spotlight before Bruce comes back and shuffles him back into the background.

I'm sorry Cass was embargoed by DC and had her origins retconned

either way a new character has emerged
>>
>>80806932
>either way a new character has emerged

And she's shit.

No one likes Harper. And more importantly, no one will ever start to like her this way.
>>
I hate Harper Row she sucksssssssssssss!
>>
I'll laugh if by the end of this Harper dies and Dick makes his costume blue like his pre-new52 costume to honour her memory
>>
Nobody gives a shit about Harper Row
>>
Nobody gives a shit about >>80807572
Harper Row
this
>>
>>80806138
no. Cass is a shit character with shit fans.
>>
>>80807572
>I'll laugh if by the end of this Harper dies

You know, that's not so far-fetched. Maybe the reason this whole series has been derailed and turned into Harper Row Eternal Also Guest-Starring Some Other Chucklefucks is that the editorial told Tynion/Snyder/somebody to kill her off, and he tries to end her on a high note (only making people hate her more).
>>
I actually like Harper Row, but she gets such crappy writing, even by Tynion who is normally a much better writer. It's like everyone who writes Harper thinks you can only build up one character by tearing down another character. Steph fans (yes, I know we're just as obnoxious as Cass fans or the one or two Harper fans who poke their noses in here) remember when Batman Eternal #51 had Steph running away like a punk while Harper preached about being a hero last year. It's a consistent problem, and I was fully expecting a thread like this when I read today's issue.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.