[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /thunderbolts/ here? >pack in Lego Avengers >subset
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 24
File: thunderbolts163b12.jpg (840 KB, 1350x2043) Image search: [Google]
thunderbolts163b12.jpg
840 KB, 1350x2043
Who /thunderbolts/ here?

>pack in Lego Avengers
>subset on Civil War Dice Masters
>subset on Civil War Heroclix
>several episodes in Avengers Assemble season 3
>Standoff
>new ongoing
>>
File: Songbird.jpg (61 KB, 442x350) Image search: [Google]
Songbird.jpg
61 KB, 442x350
>>80785310
>tfw Marvel is clearly pushing for Thunderbolts right now
It's a good feel. Only recently got into the series, but already a fan.
>>
Nick Spenser in one of his Standoff interviews (I think Newsarma) said that Thunderbolts are getting a big push.
>>
Movie soon?
>>
File: Thunderbolts33.jpg (134 KB, 566x850) Image search: [Google]
Thunderbolts33.jpg
134 KB, 566x850
>>80785387
Too bad Songbird is not going to be part of the team. And that the art is going to look like Liefeld shit in this Year of Our Lord Two Thousand and Sixteen.
>>
>>80786031
>Too bad Songbird is not going to be part of the team.
Highly doubt that. She's the face of this series, so there's almost no way she won't be on the team.

I'll be legit upset if I am denied a chance to see Melissa and Karla compete for the position of alpha female once again.
>>
File: 1440628812164.jpg (395 KB, 900x1366) Image search: [Google]
1440628812164.jpg
395 KB, 900x1366
>>80786031
I'll be honest, I'm fine with that. I'm really digging her place in New Avengers, and it wouldn't make much sense for her to drop everything to go back to being a Thunderbolt, as much as the team meant to her.
>>
File: Moonstone x Songbird02.jpg (298 KB, 727x802) Image search: [Google]
Moonstone x Songbird02.jpg
298 KB, 727x802
>>80786106
Melissa is on the AIM Avengers team. She'll probably show up when that group is sent after the Tbolts
>>
I'm hyped, especially since Thunderbolts seems to be returning to form. Ellisbolts, Parkerbolts, and Soulebolts were all fine but my heart is still in the Busiek era. This push seems to be returning to that set up of villains on the run trying to do good. I hope that means that the inevitable movie follows suit
>>
File: Thunderbolts22.jpg (134 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Thunderbolts22.jpg
134 KB, 400x400
>>80786325
I wonder what Abe is doing there? I guess everyone else except the Cosmic Cube loli is a criminal after Bucky attacked those SHIELD facilities.

Looks like Karla's time served in Parkerbolts didn't do much for her since they sent her to SHIELD Village.
>>
>>80786616
That's a good point, Erik has that Revengers incident to explain why he was sent to Pleasant Hill but last time we saw Abe he was still on the straight and narrow. Maybe he joins up after hearing what happened to them?
>>
>>80786616
>I wonder what Abe is doing there?
To make sure things don't go completely to shit.

>Looks like Karla's time served in Parkerbolts didn't do much for her since they sent her to SHIELD Village.
Eh, Maria made a judgement call. To be fair, Karla's whole deal is that she can never decide if she wants to be a hero or a villain, so it's understandable from a "better safe than sorry" perspective.
>>
>>80785310
>>new ongoing

But man, that sub-Liefeld grade art.
It hurts.
>>
>>80786804
Original Niciezabolts had far worse art. Suck it up, chap, and hope the writing makes up for it.
>>
>>80786031
Here's the thing. Hyperion and Nighthawk got their own solos to spin out of Squadron Supreme. What if they do the same with T-Bolts?
>>
File: Moonstone79.jpg (525 KB, 1024x1543) Image search: [Google]
Moonstone79.jpg
525 KB, 1024x1543
>>80786922
Fuck you, Bagley was great and Zircher was fine.

>>80786966
Moostone getting her own solo series would be a dream come true. She's arguably the greatest female anti-hero in cape comics.
>>
>>80786673
Maybe its someone else?
>>
File: Moonstone03.gif (118 KB, 345x383) Image search: [Google]
Moonstone03.gif
118 KB, 345x383
>>80786747
I'm curious how they caught Karla at all. And why Fixer is on the team at all since he seems tied to Zemo at the hip in Standoff.
>>
If they do a Thunderbolts film I kind of hope they get Renner and Hawkeye plays some role in it. Hawkeye's turn as leader of Thunderbolts always was a cool move for him
>>
File: Nicole_mischevious.gif (1 MB, 500x278) Image search: [Google]
Nicole_mischevious.gif
1 MB, 500x278
>Thunderbolts are getting a push
>and not the shitty Frankbolts either
>the REAL Thunderbolts
>mffw
>>
>>80786106
To be honest anon, I'm really happy that she's on Sunspot's team, she always deserved to rise above the villains and I was hyped to see she finally got there. As much as I love Mel vs Karla, I don't want Songbird to get dragged back down into a villains squad.
>>
File: latest.jpg (156 KB, 639x1244) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
156 KB, 639x1244
I hope Blizzard makes an appearance. He was my favorite of the New Thunderbolts.
>>
>>80785387
If Thunderbolts runs long enough I expect there to be some crossover with New Avengers. Hawkeye and Songbird both played important roles with the team.
>>
>>80788412
What did ever happened to him, anyway?
>>
>>80788614
Some stupid bullshit about becoming an Inhuman and unwittingly helping a bunch of disguised Kree steal some Iron Man suits.
>>
>>80787119
>She's arguably the greatest female anti-hero in cape comics.
Arguably? There's not a whole lot of competition in that category...
>>
>>80788412
Speed Demon was also good.
>>
>>80788614
He appeared in Starbrand & Nightmask recently
>>
Has Busiek's run been released digitally yet?
>>
File: thunderboltsconceptart.jpg (226 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
thunderboltsconceptart.jpg
226 KB, 1200x900
>>80787605
It's Abe.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/zub-thunderbolts-rise-from-ashes-of-avengers-standoff-winter-soldier

>Fair enough. Abner Jenkins (AKA Mach VII) and Karla Sofen (AKA Moonstone/Meteorite) are two members of the original Thunderbolts who, if I remember their histories right, appear to have very different ideas about good, evil and the shades in between. What's your sense of these characters' moral compasses when you pick up with them in "Thunderbolts" #1?

>Those two have absolutely run the gamut in terms of being redemptive or villainous. Being back on the same team is not something either would have expected and the tension that generates is palpable right from the get-go.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1ODwSzeIA8
>>
>>80792097
Oh God. Abe and Karla are gonna fuck.
>>
>>80792132
>Melissa's voice
Annoying but cute? I'm torn. The trailer trash accent is a nice touch though.
>>
>>80792479
You know, I'm not opposed to this
>>
>>80792681
Well, it is her Mimi persona.
>>
File: Songbird11.gif (105 KB, 541x488) Image search: [Google]
Songbird11.gif
105 KB, 541x488
>>80792132
I don't know which is funnier: Screaming Mimi's backflip to avoid Cap's shield, or Beetle dropping her.
>>
Thunderbolts #1 Hip-Hip variant by Anthony Piper, homaging Naughty by Nature's self-titled album.

CBR Interview with Jim Zub on Thunderbolts:

>CBR News: Over the years the Thunderbolts have been villains pretending to be heroes, former villains trying to reform and be heroes, government assassins, super powered criminals given heroic tasks by the U.S. government, and the personal wetworks team of Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross. I know you're wary of spoilers for the currently unfolding "Standoff," but can you talk about your vision of the team and what themes you'll use these characters to explore?

>Jim Zub: The heart of Thunderbolts has always been some variation on "bad people doing good things for the wrong/right reasons" and that's a really fun dynamic to explore. Our new team, which brings a lot of old favorites back while also blazing its own trail, is filled with interesting and flawed characters who have a lot of experience but still aren't sure where they're "supposed" to be, which I think anyone can relate to.

>CBR: Let's talk about your characters starting with with their new team leader, the Winter Soldier. To my knowledge Bucky Barnes had been part of teams in the past, but he's never really been in a leadership position, correct?

>Zub: You're absolutely right that Bucky's never been a leader and he's never had to deal with anything even remotely like this. Even when he was Captain America he didn't have to hold a group together the way he does here. Exploring his ability to handle this new responsibility is going to be fun.

>CBR: The other new member of your team appears to be a ghostly child. Is this a character we'll learn more about during the "Standoff" crossover that "Thunderbolts" spins out of? Or will we be meeting her for the first time in your book?

>Zub :Yeah, I'll have to gracefully duck out on this one because it's tied into "Standoff." She adds a whole other level to the team dynamic and I want to keep that under wraps for now.
>>
>CBR: Fair enough. Abner Jenkins (AKA Mach VII) and Karla Sofen (AKA Moonstone/Meteorite) are two members of the original Thunderbolts who, if I remember their histories right, appear to have very different ideas about good, evil and the shades in between. What's your sense of these characters' moral compasses when you pick up with them in "Thunderbolts" #1?

>Zub: Those two have absolutely run the gamut in terms of being redemptive or villainous. Being back on the same team is not something either would have expected and the tension that generates is palpable right from the get-go.

>CBR: Rounding out your cast are two other original T-Bolts, Fixer and Atlas. What do you enjoy most about writing these characters?

>Zub: Atlas is a character with a such a long and varied history but, at his core, he's looking for somewhere to belong. His natural tendency has been to gravitate to the Thunderbolts and, of anyone on the new team, his heart is really invested in trying to make this work.

As far as the Fixer goes, I'll keep it brief because I don't want to spoil anything. He's always been a guy with mixed loyalties and complex machinations. He's keeping his cards close to his chest.

>CBR: What can you tell us about the initial dynamic and shape of the Thunderbolts when your series begins? Is this a team that's fully formed by the first page of issue #1? And are the various members happy to be working together?

>Zub: The first issue begins with the team already formed. I can't go into how that takes place yet, but issue #1 will be a great place to get on board even if readers don't check out "Standoff" (but, trust me, they really should read "Standoff" because it's going to be great and has ramifications for a lot of future Marvel story lines).
>>
>>80794935
>Are they happy? Hmmm -- well, let's say right now they're an effective fighting force but everyone is testing their limits to see how the team dynamic is going to shake out. Not everyone is happy with their current situation and that creates tension right from the start.

>CBR: Over the years, artist Jon Malin has drawn a number of different high action super teams and heroes from the New Warriors to Cable & Deadpool to Youngblood. He seems like a pretty great fit for a book like "Thunderbolts." What do you enjoy most about Jon's style?

>Zub: Jon's really turning it up a notch on this book and I think readers are going to be impressed with what he's bringing to the story. There's an energy and action that harkens back to the early Image era, but he's not sacrificing his storytelling to do it. It's a nice balance of dynamic and dramatic.

>CBR: What can you tell us about the types of stories you're interested in telling in "Thunderbolts" and the tones they'll feature?

>Zub: Big action with high stakes, capers gone wrong, moral quandaries, loyalty versus legacy, and a healthy dose of betrayal.

>CBR: Will your Thunderbolts have a specific mandate or specialize in a particular kind of threat?

>Zub: The original Thunderbolts went toe-to-toe with the Avengers and held their own and, with so many founding members here, I'm definitely keeping that power level in mind. I'm excited to have them clash with high-powered heroes and villains alike as they carry out their new missions. Their first conflict is something, how can I put it -- non-human, and that'll create a lot of problems for them as the story moves forward.

>In classic "Thunderbolts"-style, the exterior threats will be bad, but the internal strife will be just as problematic, if not more so. Bucky and company have their work cut out for them.
>>
File: thunderbolts1a.jpg (280 KB, 932x1400) Image search: [Google]
thunderbolts1a.jpg
280 KB, 932x1400
>>80794960

>I'm stoked about digging into the Marvel Universe and playing with such a great ensemble cast. We're building a multi-layered story with slowly bubbling subplots alongside tight action-packed missions and the occasional side story to keep readers on their toes. I can't wait for readers to see what we have planned.

>CBR: You've written both of Marvel's "Figment" Disney Kingdoms series and you've done some work for their special projects division, but I believe this is your first mainstream Marvel Universe work, correct?

>Zub: Yeah, this is my first "continuity-based" Marvel superhero project and I'm excited about engaging a new audience while also bringing readers of my previous titles on board "Thunderbolts."

>CBR: Considering your body of work, what else would you recommend for readers who want to discover more about you ahead of "Thunderbolts?"

>Zub: If people want to check out some of my other comic work, I'd recommend "Wayward," my ongoing supernatural series set in Japan published by Image; "D&D: Legends of Baldur's Gate" or "Pathfinder," both adventurous sword & sorcery series I did for IDW and Dynamite; or "Skullkickers," my breakthrough action-comedy title at Image that started this whole comic writing ball rolling for me back in 2010. In fact, old issues of "Skullkickers" are serializing online for free at http://comic.skullkickers.com so it's easier than ever to sample my work.

>Beyond that, if people want to see what other projects I have coming up or read tutorials on the comic writing process they can head to my website or ask me questions on Twitter @jimzub.
>>
I need my Zemo. I hope he's involved.
>>
>>80792097
>>80794911
Man, Abe's newest Mach suit is fucking awful.
>>
File: Thunderbolts_1.jpg (1 MB, 779x1200) Image search: [Google]
Thunderbolts_1.jpg
1 MB, 779x1200
>>80795187
I think it looks awesome.
>>
>>80796294
Age of Apocalypse Themed Variant b Chris Stevens
>>
File: Songbird13.jpg (60 KB, 400x335) Image search: [Google]
Songbird13.jpg
60 KB, 400x335
>>80794960
>There's an energy and action that harkens back to the early Image era
Why's it got to be this way?
>>
>>80786031
Wheres Boomerang. I wanna see Boomerang and Mach 5 in it together.
>>
>>80794960
>There's an energy and action that harkens back to the early Image era
That sounds like when someone got molested as a kid. And is so fucked up they later rationalize it as a real and precious romance.
>>
Busiek and Niz don't do anything for me but I love Bucky and T-Bolts has a good rep
>>
>>80796294
Well, it certainly looks better there, at least.

The other art has it too covered in random dayglow ab panels and shit.
>>
>>80796643
I can't recommend the Classic Thunderbolts run enough.
>>
>>80796581
That and Liefeld jr on art worries me
>>
File: legobolts.jpg (253 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
legobolts.jpg
253 KB, 1920x1080
>>
Are there only like 20 Thunderbolts fans on this damn board? Goddamn, this place is just infested with hipsters and shit taste.
>>
>>80802347
Thunderbolts sold pretty high under Ellis.
>>
>>80802347
I just finished Buseik's run, dude. I don't want anons to spoil me anything.
>>
File: Moonstone72.jpg (301 KB, 948x1435) Image search: [Google]
Moonstone72.jpg
301 KB, 948x1435
>>80802462
Is this manga?

>>80802529
Ellisbolts is awesome, but the concept is a ripoff of DC's Suicide Squad and lasts until Parkerbolts. Also, he was shit at writing Karla Sofen.
>>
File: Moonstone73.jpg (311 KB, 952x1453) Image search: [Google]
Moonstone73.jpg
311 KB, 952x1453
>>80802816

>>80789392
Catwoman, sometimes?
>>
File: Zombie Thunderbolts.jpg (4 MB, 2560x1959) Image search: [Google]
Zombie Thunderbolts.jpg
4 MB, 2560x1959
>>80802816
Thought it was weird.
>>
I read Avengers/Thunderbolts yesterday and then i started on New Thunderbolts
So far it is pretty awesome, i started my Thunderbolts love with Ellisbolts which is awesome sure but the orginal concept is even better.
>>
File: Songbird23.jpg (159 KB, 800x1242) Image search: [Google]
Songbird23.jpg
159 KB, 800x1242
>>80802870
Better, but it still needs a narration box that starts "Songbird screams" in panel 2 and a short description of her powers.
>>
File: 603_n.jpg (12 KB, 235x313) Image search: [Google]
603_n.jpg
12 KB, 235x313
>>
>>
>>80802347
You're just realizing this? The Thunderbolts aren't in a movie, so most of /co/ doesn't care.
>>
Favorite Thunderbolts member co, go!
I really like Mach 1/Beetle.
When i was little i saw Beetle in a Spider-man comic and thought he was the coolest ever,
>>
File: Cc9Kxk7UIAEZ3Rj.jpg (563 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
Cc9Kxk7UIAEZ3Rj.jpg
563 KB, 1536x2048
>>80806625
Probably Zemo. Him being the mastermind behind the plan in the first place, and then him having that whole plot about turning good, but still having his own definition of good, really sold me.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.