[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kelly does it again?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 960.jpg (185 KB, 960x672) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
185 KB, 960x672
Kelly does it again?
>>
>>80775242
What's the story here?
>>
>>80775578
Apple refused to jailbreak (or something) the iphone of a terrorist, because they promised their clients absolute privacy and doing so would hurt them so much.
>>
>>80775578
The FBI can't into technology. Apple won't make a magic skeleton key for iPhone because the Feds will probably leave it on the subway for gangsters to find.
Also Steve Jobs is the devil
>>
>>80775242
post older Kelly
>>
>>80775695
Its a bit more than that even, currently I Phone encryption doesnt really have a key at all. The FBI want a door with a keyhole made.

Its like going to a safe manufacturer and asking them to put in an extra keyhole into all safes they have made and ever will make and give the FBI a key.
>>
>>80776492
Reminder that the TSA got exactly that on the way of real padlocks for air travel. The FBI will win. And ironically, they seem to have had access to the phone and stupidly changed the pass and then forgot it.
>>
>>80776853
The FBI will win on this and on email incryption and on secure private messaging and make a big deal about how terrorists have no where left to hide. Everyone feels very smug until some Snowdon type leaks the vulnerability and the economy collapses becauce no one can trust electronic banking.
>>
>>80776492
Dose that mean it won't help crack the phone they want in to just new ones?
>>
>>80777478
Or the terrorists or whatever will just write their own messaging app with enabled encryption that operates within a rooted phone. Honestly, you don't need to be a major company worth billions to code an encrypted messaging service.
>>
>>80779164
There are entire startups dedictated to providing encryption.
>>
>>80778720
No, with Apple's access to the source code (which the FBI doesn't have but is threatening to forcibly take) they can create a key that will be able to hack into every Apple device of a give model. Not only that, but it sets a legal precedent that would mean that every phone manufacturer would have to follow suit.
>>
>>80777478
You can't win against real encryption; math is more powerful than the government. The only reason the FBI could possibly win against Apple is because it's not real encryption, it's a 4 digit password (something that can be brute forced in a millisecond) that is only being protected by a proprietary lock-out which the FBI can't reverse engineer without Apple's help because they suck at technology.
>>
>>80775578
This video explains it fairly thoroughly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RNKtwAGvqc
>>
>>80775242
is this the cartoonist of the onion? I know it is satire (and its probably not one person either) but I can't remember where these things are publsihed
>>
>>80779236
Those are shams. Just google an encryption algorithm and implement it yourself. Takes all of 10 seconds.
>>
>>80779862
Actually implementing an encryption algorithm correctly and with no flaws or weaknesses is a huge pain in the ass.
>>
File: 700 (7).jpg (143 KB, 700x490) Image search: [Google]
700 (7).jpg
143 KB, 700x490
ALWAYS RIGHT

HE IS LITERALLY ALWAYS RIGHT
>>
>>80779164
Yup, everybody looses
>>
To be fair, anyone retarded enough to buy an apple product deserves whatever they get.

They made one good product in their entire history.
>>
I shouldn't be surprised that the denizens of /co/ are stupid enough to genuinely debate about this dog and pony show as if everything isn't monitored already.
>>
>>80780465
It's literally copy-and-pasting code, maybe transliterating from one language or pseudocode to another. I have done it several times before and it's easy to find sample sets to test your algorithm against. The only times I've heard of serious breaches of implementation are shit like Sony's "random number generator" that only ever spat out a constant.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.