[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>the latest Civil War II teaser depicts a character Bendis
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 10
>the latest Civil War II teaser depicts a character Bendis had written a year ago and imported into the main Marvel Universe
Another inevitable has happened.

Sauce: WSJ
>>
File: May.jpg (1 MB, 2200x1000) Image search: [Google]
May.jpg
1 MB, 2200x1000
I'm now making Civil War II (7-issue event) checklists for each month.

Here's the May schedule.
>>
>>80744124
Somehow the direct Thanos link isn't a bigger issue compared to Iron Man shitting about.
>>
File: colorblind.jpg (264 KB, 724x710) Image search: [Google]
colorblind.jpg
264 KB, 724x710
>>80744124
>new Avengers
>using that SQ design
damn it
>>
Another civil war? What are they fighting about now?
>>
>>80744380
Homer.
>>
>>80744403
>>Homer sends Team Carol after Flanders
>>
>>80744102
This Trump shilling is getting nuts.
>>
>>80744380
It's Minority Report.
>>
See, this I understand. Logan's literally been all about preventing future threats, so of course he'd be in Carol's team. He makes a fuckload more sense than Cap.
>>
>>80744403
D'oh
>>
So OML is going to join Carol side because he wants to prevent the future from his universe to happend, even if is not in his universe anymore
>>
>>80744124
Do you do it for free or for a fee?
>>
File: Alfred the cat.jpg (65 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Alfred the cat.jpg
65 KB, 300x300
>>80744124
>Prelude to tie-ins
>>
>Bendis writing the X-Men again in an company wide event

WHY ISN'T ANYONE STOPPING THIS?! ONLY BAD THINGS CAN HAPPEN BECAUSE OF THIS!?
>>
>>80745000
Bendis always gets what he wants
>>
>>80745000
yeah. no more mutants II? III? I already lost count. Magneto retconned as inhuman all this time?
Or killed?
>>
>>80744948
>complaining about checklists
>>
>>80745101
>promoting shitty events
fee, I see
>>
I fucking hate events and relaunches
I am sick of events
secret wars electric boogaloo just ended
stop it
>>
>>80745328
no him but i am excited to see the inhumans vs x-men conflict, literally the only thing that matter in this event because we all know if an avenger dies they will just bring it back some year later but if an x-men dies he will stay dead.

I also want to see if marvel is really going to let the inhumans, the one that caused the x-men to hide and get sick, win, it would be like writing a comic where the Nazis fight the jews and they let the Nazis win
>>
>>80745401
You know what makes me excited? Booze, and cheap girls.
>>
>>80745396
come to DC brother, i stopped reading 90% of marvel stuff after secret wars
>>
>>80745427
Well get excited when i see dicks but you dont see talking about it.
>>
File: 1403474440658.jpg (207 KB, 493x500) Image search: [Google]
1403474440658.jpg
207 KB, 493x500
>>80745000
Why people here still think they can stop things beyond their control.
>>
>>80745451
Why not? It's a very normal thing to be excited for, if you're gay. Literally nothing to be ashamed of, especially in 2016
>>
>>80745428
>thinks DC is better
>JL book is event after event
>Batman book is non stop hype with no pay off
>Every year all books stop for gimmick month

time to put down the bottle familia
>>
I wouldn't mind if this thread got derailed, and had more fun in posts
>>
>>80745489
>Every year all books stop for gimmick month
DC's last event was forever evil in 2013
>>
>>80745526
Futures End wasn't a thing right?
Or the current Darkseid War?
>>
>>80745550
mini events
>>
>>80745489

At least many DC books will reach issue 52. Some of them will even reach 12 before ending.
>>
>>80745550
One was a weekly and the other is limited to the JL book.
>>
>>80745401
I assume at some point soon Marvel is going to bite the bullet and the X-Men are going to be shuttled off to their own parallel Earth after OML's character arc is over, worst case scenario they're dumped on an alien planet were they're force to do pioneer stories.

like you I don't see Marvel letting the Inhumans lose an outright battle against the X-Men
>>
>>80744124
so this is a plot to inflate Invincible Iron Man's poor sales right?
>>
>>80745589
Futures' end was a weekly that had it own gimmic month. Not a mini event. Never mind Rebirth coming up.

>>80745611
And? Good majority of Marvel's relaunched books are still maintaining their older plot. Even books pre-Secret Wars are carrying on as if nothing happened minus a new number.

>>80745629
Calling FE just a weekly is some hilarious spin. And that JL book had enough traction to shit out a series of one-shots all on its own.

They were events Anons. Get over it.
>>
>>80745645
I see future, and I don't see inhumans
It's forced. Marvel can't sustain GOTG that was acclaimed, and they want to push a franchise that no one cares for? Good luck, or good riddance, whatever works.
>>
>>80745715
Inhumans are the Roman Reigns of comic books, too much work has gone into getting them over to not pull the trigger simply because the fans don't support them
>>
>>80745824
Good. Let marvel waste their resources
For me, it's a win-win.
No one cares about their twins retcon, and no one will care about X-Men lite
>>
>>80745693
>Good majority of Marvel's relaunched books are still maintaining their older plot. Even books pre-Secret Wars are carrying on as if nothing happened minus a new number.
Gee I wonder why the relaunch has proven to be such a failure.
>>
>>80745550
Or Convergence.
>>
File: Civil War Bingo Update1.png (561 KB, 1308x954) Image search: [Google]
Civil War Bingo Update1.png
561 KB, 1308x954
>>80744102
Looks like one of the slots of the Bingo won't be filled.
Then again, it was always incredibly paranoid of people to think the X-Men would be excluded from a big event. Even dumber, the person put "Beast blames Cyclops for everything" when that would require the X-Men to show up
>>
>>80745693
Fuck off Marvel shill even if they were "events" which they absolutely weren't, ecah one of them is significantly better than anything Marvel has shat out in decades. Go ahead and stick with Marlel because you don't deserve DC.
>>
>>80745526
no convergence was
>>
>>80745858
Not sure if failure is the right word. Certainly it pales in comparison to the impact the nu52 had on the industry. No books have seen substantial growth in terms of new readers.

However the well established books haven't seen losses. Books are just returning to their pre-relaunch sales.

Marvel has the same problem as DC right now in regards to creating new characters and books. The Marvel Now, and ANAD books are collapsing just like the DCYou books did. And each has it's own Tom King work that is highly praised on forums but forgotten on shelves every month. Kinda weird really.
>>
>>80746012
>Even dumber, the person put "Beast blames Cyclops for everything" when that would require the X-Men to show up

I think it's dumber that there's like 4 boxes that are basically all the same thing, "waah SJWs." They should have been consolidated into just one, maybe 2, boxes.
>>
>>80744102
I forgot about this guy.

In the new universe, does he know he's from another universe or does he just think he's from the future?
>>
>>80746012
X-Men usually are excluded from events. Remember what the X-Men did during original Civil War? Nothing. Secret Invasion? Nothing. Fear Itself? Nothing. Even during AvX, they did nothing, and rarely show up, beside Penis Five.

In infinity, they did nothing. Or Secret Wars.
Also, the reason that the X-Men are appearing in this event, is because, Inhumans.
>>
>>80746027
You seem fanny flustered. Maybe its time to take a walk outside Anon?
>>
>>80746068
He thinks he's from the future, but keeps going from scenario to scenario with "wait, I don't remember this happening. This never happened! Who the fuck is 'Amadeus Cho'?" so it'd be pretty dumb of him to not realise he's from an alternate universe having run into multiple scenarios that never happened in his timeline.
>>
>>80744380
Basically something goes wrong and they have an argument about whether or not they should use some OC character for the event that can see into the future to predict crimes and stop and jail anyone before they commit it.

But it's a retarded idea in itself because the instant the person is jailed they become unable to commit the future crime he/she is charged with thus is innocent.

Also let's not get into the longwinded explanation as to why it's a retarded idea to depend on some future sight for shit when the future in the MU is regularly in flux and it can change from an Eden to the deepest level of hell from one week to the next.
>>
>>80746006
Ugh, I did not need a reminder of the PoS idea.
>>
>>80746103
Give me ONE Marvel story that comes anywhere near Futures End, that's right you can't. FUck off shill. Enjoy your Civil Meme II while Rebirth blows it the FUCK OUT!
>>
>>80746012
We can fill the INHUMANS slot I guess
>>
>>80746142
What you mean in terms of being utter shit?

Original Sin.

That wasn't hard.
>>
>>80746070
X-Men fought the rampaging Worthy Juggs in Fear Itself.
>>
>>80746218
They did it in their own tie-ins. In main event they were absent.
>>
File: Kang vs Cap.jpg (429 KB, 985x1486) Image search: [Google]
Kang vs Cap.jpg
429 KB, 985x1486
>>80746070
In Civil War they showed up just to say fuck you to Tony and pulled the "where we you during Genosha" card.
I fucking hate it when writers do that, because the answer is "saving the world from Kang the Conqueror" and "where were you when Kang nuked Washington DC"?
>>
>>80746307
In other words, they did nothing.
>>
>>80746307
Ok where were the avengers when 43 kids died in US soil because of a extremist group ?
>>
>>80744124
[$0.50 has been placed into your bank account.]

Seriously though, thanks. Weird how it goes from Copiel, to Cheung, to that Iron Man artist cunt. Art is going to be kind of jarring, probably more so than AXIS.
>>
>>80746336
You mean the bus the X-Men put them on?
The kids were already dead, what exactly would the Avengers going there hours later acomplish?
And I believe that at the time the Avengers were fighting the Collective in, of all places, Genosha
>>
>>80746068
His way of drinking is to get multiple glasses and one bottle. Not sanest mugga round.
>>
>>80746594
that would make for a funny gag
>where were you when we were killed in genosha
>fighting kang in usa
>you selfish bastards

>where were you when our students got killed in usa
>fighting collective in genosha
>you selfish bastards
>you're never satisfied, are you?
>>
>>80744124
I've made checklists in the past myself, but the only tip I can give you is that you should include small issue name/number blurbs like those in the Prelude section under all of the issues. You don't need full creative team information, just the name, number, and a release date.

Other than that, I dig this heavily. I'd also say to use clean/blank artwork like those under Prelude and the unreleased Road To Civil War II titles, but that's your call.
>>
>>80746690
for free, I see

frankly, I have more respect for those, who do it for a fee
>>
>>80746687
Yup, sounds like the kind of thing "Rightclops" would say
>>
>>80745451
You just talked about it though.
>>
>>80744777
Does Bendis like him a lot? Because if he does then that will mean he is going to be in Tony's team.

A lot of characters that Bendis likes so far are in Team Tony
>>
>>80745000
The only way to let Marvel know you don't want this is by not buying it but fuckers will buy this because EVENT COMIC and it has CIVIL WAR in the name.
>>
>>80746785
Well, he did write OML Secret Wars. Wasn't he also supposed to write OML solo that Lemire took?
>>
>>80744777
Wolverine isn't the most beloved hero to rally behind. A lot of people have issues with him.
>>
>>80746070
>Remember what the X-Men did during original Civil War?

Fought amongst themselves in the prison camp the Government set up at Xavier's after M-Day, as part of their long decline into irrelevence?
>>
>>80746819
In retrospect, I don't really understand why he's more loved than Punisher.
>>
>>80746012
>Even dumber, the person put "Beast blames Cyclops for everything" when that would require the X-Men to show up

The goal of Bingo isn't to color in every box, it's just to make a line.

It is incredibly dumb to have the Beast/Cyclops one and the X-Men Don't Show one in the same column though, it means that particular column is impossible.
>>
>>80746864
>implying
Beast will bitch about Cyclops in Inhuman book, muggas will bitch about Cyclops in EXM.
>>
>>80746307
X-Men in the original CW would never work because

1) The general mutant population is already registered with the MRA, a plot point that happened 20 years before Civil War

2) X-Men are all universally against registration except for Bishop who had his character assassinated in Civil War.

X-Men in Civil War would have made the sides completely unfair since the goal was to have Tony win. X-Men being relegated to their post House of M mutie reservation just made everything convenient to let them sit things out.
>>
>>80746844
More backstory and personality, has existed for a little longer, isn't portrayed as a near-villain who the other characters hate to be around when he guest stars in other people's books.
>>
>>80746899
Tie-ins are irrelevant
>>
File: 287412-15734-baby-mutant.jpg (108 KB, 400x607) Image search: [Google]
287412-15734-baby-mutant.jpg
108 KB, 400x607
>>80746902
>who had his character assassinated in Civil War.
Civil War didn't assassinate his character, Messiah Complex and Messiah War did.
Bishop killed billions of people in his attempt to kill a baby (later teenage girl) and hasn't been redeemed. No wonder nobody wants to use him.
>>
>>80746902
And they didn't sit it out. Gotta grab money from those tie-ins.
Also, Cable was with Cap's guys. Why the fuck didn't he mindfuck everyone on Tony's side?
>>
>>80746902
>X-Men are all universally against registration except for Bishop who had his character assassinated in Civil War.

I have a hard time thinking of a character as badly mangled as Bishop was when Marvel arbitrarily decided to turn him into the Anti-Cable. He was like a Jew who went back in time and volunteered to work at Auschwitz. And then it just got worse from there, as he got turned into the deadliest X-Men villain ever.
>>
>>80747021
>and hasn't been redeemed
Storm used lightning on his brain. He's good mugga now.
>>
>>80747021
Civil War started it.
If ANYONE should have been against a mutant internment camp run by Sentinels, it should have been the guy who grew up that way.
>>
>>80746486

The actual event only has Marquez as the artist.
>>
>>80746012
>>80746065
Is it too late to make an alternative bingo sheet?
>>
File: Blank-Bingo-Cards-1024x784.jpg (53 KB, 1024x784) Image search: [Google]
Blank-Bingo-Cards-1024x784.jpg
53 KB, 1024x784
>>80747187
Nope, event hasn't started yet, go ahead
>>
Post yfw Rightclops returns during this event and his side is obviously the correct one
>>
>>80747209
So are we pitching ideas?

I think the free space should remain being about Bendis speak. Maybe have something about having an issue where nothing ends up happening.
>>
>>80747209
[unsolicited opinions about minorities]
>>
>>80747410
I think the old bingo sheet is mostly fine, it just needs some of the spaces consolidated. We don't need
>Character talks about race/gender
>Character talks about jews
>Character talks about race
>Character talks about gender
Just get rid of "waah, white people are so oppressed" spot and the "waah, men are so oppressed" spot, and just keep the "extended dialogue about race/gender" and "jews" spots.

Also, generally I'm against "something DOESN'T happen" spots like the "x-men don't show up" spot, because it means that it can only filled in once the comic is done, which kinda defeats the purpose.
>>
>>80747410
Keep some of the ones from the original and add
>The fact that the Mad Thinker invented future predicting math years ago is never acknowledged
>Character says I "don't know who that is" or expresses ignorance about somebody or something you'd think he would know about
>Civilians act like utter morons
>J. Jonah Jameson blames Spider-Man
>>
>>80747209
Rocket utters his "catch phrase"

Miles OHKOs someone with Venom blast
>>
>>80747613
>The fact that the Mad Thinker invented future predicting math years ago is never acknowledged
See:
>>80747533

Doing anything that requires something NOT happening means that it can't be filled in until the comic is totally done since you never know if it's going to happen or not, and that's bad formatting for a bingo. It's basically a wasted slot.

The other three recs are good though. I'd also like to add someone saying "What would you have me do?"
>>
>>80747410
I think instead of "Scarlet Witch shows up and gets shit on" it should be broader like "Character that Bendis has a history of shitting on gets shit on some more", this includes guys like D-Man
>>
>>80745715
>GOTG that was acclaimed
literally nobody cared about Gotg before or after D&A
>>
>>80747720
Many people cared, and after the success of the movie, GOTG became a franchise.

The point is, if GOTG, can't become a profitable franchise, despite the actual success and the good comics that were published, then the disney-humans won't be success either.
>>
>>80745401
>inhumans vs x-men
It's extraodinary x-men vs uncanny X-men anon. Bunn already confirmed this. Mags ir worried future sight Inhuman will give the Inhumans the edge in the possible M vs I war.
>>
>>80746050
Convergence was a filler for DC to move offices..
>>
>>80747788
And EXM want to stop him?
>>
>>80745693
One shots that did not affect other titles. Neither did FE, except for a month of tie ins and earth 2.
>>
>>80747836
Yeah. Hilarity will ensue
>>
>>80747804
Still an event
>>
>>80747868
Worst X-team ever.
>>
>>80744348
Blame the cover artist.
>>
>>80747932
More like, the Wurst X-team ever.
>>
>>80745000
>Bendis writing Scarlet Witch again in a company wide event
Marvel lets Bendis do whatever the fuck he wants. It's so fucking aggravating.
>>
>>80748002
Fan-favorite superstar writer Bendis. Of course they love him. Look at all those X-sales!
Did his Avengers with Spider-Man and Wolverine sold well?
>>
>>80748002
Odds are Bendis will simply not include her besides being in the background,, he doesn't hate her, he just doesn't care about her that much. In his mind, Disassembled and House of M are the best Wanda stories ever.
>>
>>80746012
>Not making it read "BENDIS" instead of "BINGO"
0/10
>>
>>80744102
I don't understand this event. Even if the future seeing guy's predictions are right, they still can't verify that he is telling them the truth. What argument could they possibly have for relying on his information and giving him unquestioned power?
>>
>>80748092
He'll probably have the ability to share his visions with others.
>>
>>80748185
Still, how would you know you are seeing the truth if you really don't even know how his abilities work? Why would anyone agree to go to prison for something they didn't do because some guy said so?
>>
File: Mad Thinker and Reed.jpg (222 KB, 620x930) Image search: [Google]
Mad Thinker and Reed.jpg
222 KB, 620x930
>>80748185
Nope, it's all math. Just like the Mad Thinker and Reed
>>
>>80748385
They wouldn't agree but our brave and proud heroes would still lock them in and throw away the key
>>
>>80746307
Washington was fine, the Thunderbolts saved it a little while later, when the Avengers were fucking up.
>>
>>80748823
Washington was fine because the buildings weren't actually destroyed. Kang dropped a biological weapon that killed all human beings that were still there.
Once the war was over, presumably a bunch of new people moved in to these now empty houses for a cheap price.
>>
>>80748891
Whatever. Where were both those a-holes when Skrulls invaded Washington?
>>
>>80744102
Wat?
>>
>>80744102
>Brian Michael Bendis writes every character on MAARVEL: The event
>>
>>80744348
Blame Tipy Toe
>>
>>80746012
Scarlet Witch shows up and gets shit on has pretty much been confirmed.
>>
>>80746012
Luke Cage is confirmed on Team Iron Man aka the Right side.
>>
>>80750689
When?
>>
>>80751070
Leaks
>>
>>80751499
What leaks?

This is starting to sound like a Bendis conversation
>>
>>80747700
Nah, having some extremely specific ones makes it more satisfying when they happen. Better to keep it as Scarlet Witch.

Also add "Hawkeye gets the ever loving shit kicked out of him, either dieing or almost dieing in the process."
>>
>>80751539
Some time ago someone leaked the plot of CWII. The spoilers were credible and some were confirmed later.
According to the leaker She-Hulk and War Machine will die and the Civil War will be caused by the opportunity to use an Inhuman named Homer who can see the future.
It's as dumb as it sounds and that make it credible for a Bendis event
>>
>>80751635
Or "People shit on Clint and say that Kate Bishop is better"
>>
>>80751678
And what did it say about Wanda?
>>
>>80751635
>>80751743

"Characters that Bendis dislike are shitted upon" could work?
>>
>>80751768
I don't remember exactly, but during an avengers party someone makes a joke to Wanda about the "No more Mutants" line
>>
>>80751921
Damian Hellstrom was hitting on her and, forgot who desu, said "Come on Wanda, no more Hellstroms!"
>>
>>80751971
Damn. It's much worse than what I remembered
>>
>>80746012
Its strange, because a lot of the things on that bingo list would be fine if done by other writers.
Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.