[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Deadpool
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
What were your gripes with the movie /co/?

I wish they made Francis look more comic book villainish instead of Jason Statham
>>
>>80741002

It's funny you say this because he ended up replacing Jason Statham in one of the Transporter movies.
>>
Some of the jokes fell flat. And I thought Vanessa should have got powers or something and BTFO Francis. That's about it, I was happy with most everything else.
>>
Does Ryan Reynolds read comics? I got the feeling throughout the movie that he knows the source material.
>>
>>80741282
I'm sure he's read some. Part of the reason he got interested in the part is because someone told him that a Deadpool comic referenced him by name.
>>
File: whatsmyname.jpg (60 KB, 248x556) Image search: [Google]
whatsmyname.jpg
60 KB, 248x556
>>80741002
It's because he had to double as Killebrew. So labcoat because reasons.
He was completely a budget villain, but I liked him.

I don't think I have any gripes with it honestly. Not saying it's 10/10, it had a few occasion of swing and a miss, but at least it swung.

I honestly give it a lot of slack because of the budget and knocking some things out of the park.
>>
>>80741002
>Jason Statham
>not Nicholas Hoult hopped up on steroids and testosterone
>>
Other than DP and the X-men, everybody else did not resemble their comic book counterpart, C'mon Fox I thought we dropped the lolrealistic look ever since First Class. Give us more costumes and shit.
>>
>>80741002
Am I the only one who absolutely loved this guy?
Like, he had a simple motivation, sure, but still, he was the perfect asshole
>>
>>80741002
the way the back and forth on the first act effected the pacing bugged me or some reason

also I would have preferred DP to be a bit more acrobatic
>>
Will he will be reappear in comic and as petty as Zoom
>>
No budget
>>
>>80742907
He was great. I especially liked how genuinely painfully disinterested he looked during Colossus' little hero speech at the end, like he was just begging DP to kill him at that point.
>>
In the first half of the movie, a lot of the jokes felt like they were forced.

After the backstory was established, I thought the movie was genuinely funny afterwards.
>>
>>80741337
Other than Deadpool and the X-men there wasn't much of comic book characters to WEAR costumes.
>>
>>80741002
I loved him the way he was. Such a swarmy bastard, made me want to punch him from his first scene. Most comic book movie villains leave me indifferent.
>>
>ANOTHER origin story movie

jesus christ, who cares about their past. Why can't hollywood make a cape movie that doesn't start at the prologue.

People know these characters. They're iconic. Firmly lodged in the cultural consciousness. There's absolutely no need for the audience to be re-acquainted with their beginnings.
>>
>>80744523
Except that Deadpool is one of few cases of an ultrapopular character whose origin is mostly unknown to general audiences. Also, this worked much better than a random film about le epic memester just killing guys for 90 minutes with little known motivation besides getting paid for it. It was an origin story done well, and it set the stage for them to do some really cool stuff with the character later.
>>
>>80744523
I'd argue that point with Deadpool. Most people only know that he makes stupid jokes and kills people.
>>
>>80744584
>whose origin is mostly unknown to general audiences

So?

You how many people think Wolverine's mutant power is having metal bones? Their origins literally DONT MATTER. People just want to see these characters doing what they're famous for. In Wolverine's case, slashing the fuck out of people with extendable metal claws, they don't care how he got them, and it's fine that they dont. It's really rather unimportant to what makes the character popular and likable.
>>
>>80744672
Deadpool's box office disagrees with you.
>>
>>80744697
>budget : 50 million
>grosses : more than 700 million
Holy shit
>>
>>80744697
Yeah and Avatar is the highest grossing movie of all time.

Box office receipts aren't an indication of quality storytelling.
>>
>>80744523
>People know these characters. They're iconic. Firmly lodged in the cultural consciousness.
Who the actual fuck knows Deadpool's backstory? Who even knows Deadpool's character? The way Deadpool is engrained in the public consciousness is the same way Doctor Strange is. They know them visually but they don't know about them. Deadpool's literally only been seen as a walking fourth wall breaker in the public eye. This isn't Spider-man who's had his origin retold a billion times in a billion movies and cartoons.
>>
>>80744765
Not even close to the argument being made here. You said nobody cared, but obviously people did since they bothered to see the film, knowing full well that it was an origin story based on trailers.

You can't claim nobody cares about something when it's the most successful film released in an entire franchise.
>>
>>80744765
The point he was making is that people DO care about a character's origin story, as evidenced by Deadpool's success, the quality of the storytelling is completely besides it.
>>
>>80744830
>You said nobody cared

About his origin yeah. People went to see the character, not how he became the character.
>>
>>80744142
We can only dream
This is probably the one case in which I'd be really glad for movie synergy
>>
>>80744866
Reviews (both critics and audiences) also disagree with you. People liked it. You're wrong, fuck off.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.