[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is The Batman worth watching? I'm one episode in and I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
Is The Batman worth watching? I'm one episode in and I'm not digging the Jackie Chan Adventures art style and Capoeira Joker. Does it get better?
>>
>>80729577
It gets better. The last two episodes of Season One are when it gets really good!
>>
>>80729577
>worth watching
no. it's the worst of the batman shows and that is saying something given brave and the bold sucking the silver age's shitty sanitized cock and calling it icecream
>does it get better
oh my yes. once his chin grows in it gets a lot better, and the shit with the justice league is done fantastically. It may actually have the best batgirl. Weirdly they were forbidden from using robin at first, so she gets to show up before him. unfortunately that makes it really fucking awkward when robin shows up and immediately gets treated like.. robin..
>>
It's good. You just have to take it as it is and refrain from Not Muh-ing.

His gadgets and vehicles were all set as fuck and the action was really well animated and choreographed. They way Batman moved is also something I remember being really good.

Tl;dr it gets better.
>>
>>80729577
Season 1 takes a while to get going. Things really pick up afterwards. S4 I think was the best season, or whichever one had Team Penguin. The action scenes are usually pretty good. The Joker in this gets a mixed reception in these parts. Some like him, others don't. I personally enjoyed the take for what it was and he has plenty of good appearances throughout the series.

Also be sure to watch the movie, Batman vs Dracula. Very good flick.
>>
>>80729577
If you don't like it now, probably not. It tries too hard to reimagine a lot of characters (Wild man Joker, mutant Freeze, whatever the fuck they did to Riddler), it' obviously for kids (who could forget Bruce's trademark favorite food, nachos?), and the art never really picks up (What the fuck is wrong with his leg in your pic?). Plus Robin's voice acting is SHIT.

But it does do a good job of taking Batman from urban legend to wanted vigilante, town hero, and eventually JL founder, and there're even a few characters done well that normally are overlooked (This is actually my favorite interpretation of penguin)
>>
>>80729577
Yeah it's alright
Batman TAS > Brave and the Bold > The Batman >>>>> Beware
>>
>>80729577

Just got through marathoning the first episode, huh? If you don't want to watch it then don't watch it, there's not much else to say. I would have figured you'd learned to make your own decisions by now.
>>
it's shit, but Batman vs. Dracula was fun
>>
>>80729577
the cameo episode are fun.
>>
>>80729858
please do not drag brave and the bold into this
>>
>>80729858
>Weirdly they were forbidden from using robin at first, so she gets to show up before him.
That's something I think more adaptions should take a cue from. It makes a lot of sense. She has ties to Batman through Gordon, can justify her use to Batman with computer skills, and is the type of character to keep pushing herself into the sidekick role with or without Batman's approval.

Batgirl being Batman's first sidekick is just such an obvious thing that I'm surprised that The Batman was the first to do it.
>>
>>80729858
>it's the worst of the batman shows
So, we're just going to ignore The New Adventures of Batman?

>brave and the bold sucking the silver age's shitty sanitized cock and calling it icecream
It felt more like an affectionate parody of the silver age, actually. I liked it.
>>
The Batman is one of the weakest series in the franchise.

I don't get the anon who didn't like Brave and the Bold, it was a great Silver Age pastiche.
>>
>>80731569
>whatever the fuck they did to Riddler
They made him awesome.
I like this Riddler.
>>
>>80729577
i couldn't make it through the first episode.
>>
>>80729577
I think is great. IMO the quality is consistent and like this Bruce's persona: Young and happy, he has a sense of humor, and just seems like a warm person. I truly feel, like he is Bruce and Batman; unlike in B:TAS where for me it feels Bruce just exist as an image he has to use to be Batman.
>>
>>80736493
underrated post
>>
I remember the show being much more action oriented.

So get ready for everyone to get into a fist fight with Batman.
Even people who shouldn't fight, like The Riddler.
>>
>>80742113
> what bird packs a wallop? a crane!

and then there was that dracula special, this was easily the weirdest batman show unless Unlimited proves us wrong.
>>
>>80742464
What?
No way man Brave and the Bold exists.

You gonna look me in the eye and tell me that fucking Silver Age shit wasn't the craziest shit?

The first episode starts with Batman and Blue Beetle accidentally going through a wormhole and saving a race of adorable sentient fuel tanks from a space dictator and his GAMMA GONG.
Hell who cares about Batman fighting dracula when there was an episode where Batman actually became a vampire and ate off of the JLI.
>>
>>80740703
That may be true of TNBA, but in B:TAS, Bruce was pretty balanced. He had plenty of times where he was happy or joked around as Bruce in his own home.
>>
>>80736493

Batgirl is pretty great.

I think her being the first sidekick before Robin is a smart choice.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.