[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is The Incredible Hulk worth watching? I'd like to see the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: Hulk.jpg (34 KB, 450x248) Image search: [Google]
Hulk.jpg
34 KB, 450x248
Is The Incredible Hulk worth watching? I'd like to see the MCU but I find it annoying that Marvel replaced Norton with Ruffalo in the later movies
>>
Nope, the villain is shit and it's 100% inessential to Bruce's character and inconsequential to the MCU overall. The fact that it's not Ruffalo makes it feel totally disconnected from the rest of the MCU too.

If you want to watch a somewhat passable Hulk film feel free to give it a shot. But if your interest is in filling in MCU gaps then don't bother.
>>
>>80722038
It's pretty bad. None of the Banner stuff makes any sense, Betty cucks her actual husband after five minutes of Bruce being back, and Stan Lee turns into a hulk after drinking Hulk blood.

Norton apparently fought hard to make it as shitty as it was.
>>
>>80722169
Actually I take it back, I was trying to not be a ComicbookGuy by calling it somewhat passable. But on further reflection it is a bit shit.
>>
It's not bad. They set up The Leader and watching Hulk rip things apart is fun. It's not a masterpiece, I'd watch it on a lazy afternoon.
>>
Yeah it's good, one of the better MCU films.

It's not as good as Iron Man let's say, but it's above the Iron Man sequels and Thors, about on par with the first Cap
>>
>>80722038
It's better than a lot of the MCU movies.
>>
>>80722038

Yes, watch it.
>>
It's the one movie in the MCU that doesn't feel like it belongs with the rest, it feels more like an adaptation of the old TV series.

Still pretty decent imo and Marvel have tried hard recently to have connections to TIH in their other films and TV, notably in Agents of Shield and Civil War.
>>
>>80722038
Why don't you watch it and find out?
>>
>>80722169
>But if your interest is in filling in MCU gaps then don't bother

yes, this is my purpose.
>>
>>80722169
>The fact that it's not Ruffalo

Ya well thanks to that douche its probably the closest we'll ever get to a standalone Hulk film, so you better watch it and shut up.
>>
>>80722634
If you've watched SHIELD, they reference it a few times, but other than that, it's not anything major you absolutely have to watch.

It's a good big budget monster B-movie
>>
>>80722692

I've seen some marvel movies at the cinema, but I'd like to watch them all in their in-universe chronolgical order, but every site that listed the order said that I can entirely skip the hulk movie.
>>
>>80722638
By douche you mean Disney? Because the only reason the won't make another solo movie is that they don't want to share money with Paramount anymore.
>>
>>80722169
>the villain is shit

Blonsky was one of the best villains in the MCU....what are you a fucking fruit? He actually was threatening, unlike the safe villains who never are actually evil they have now
>>
>>80722766
You could, but General Ross is in it, played by the same actor who will play him in Civil war.
>>
>>80722962
>Literally nothing more than a crazy military guy who gets scienced up into a brute. No plan or personality to speak of.
So interesting. I was truly compelled by the depth of his character.

The MCU has been struggling to make good villains, but Abomination is absolutely the worst.
>>
>>80722038
its not the funny hulk from the avengers movies. the movie is poorly written and all the characters are forgettable.
>>
>>80723226
>The MCU has been struggling to make good villains, but Abomination is absolutely the worst.

He was Abomination in the finale of the movie, overall Blonsky is the best villain the MCU has had
>>
>>80722038
This is one of the blandest superhero films I've ever seen. There's almost nothing interesting about it.
>>
>>80725645
>hurrrrr i need quips and laser beams

Fuck off manchild tumlrite
>>
>>80722199
>Betty cucks her actual husband after five minutes of Bruce being back

When did they say she was married to that guy?
>>
>>80723373

Abomination was very memorable, until he turned into the Abomination.

I would totally recast Tim Roth as Taskmaster, his dad was even a Brooklyn native so you know he could do the accent right.
>>
>>80722766

It's the second film in the MCU, it's worth watching to at least see them probing out how the interconnectivity in the films would work outside of the neverending post credits stingers. Tony Stark makes an appearance and the Hulk's creation came about from experiments using gamma radiation instead of vita rays to stimulate a recreation of Erskine's super soldier formula.
>>
>>80722199
>Stan Lee turns into a hulk after drinking Hulk blood

No he doesn't; he dies after drinking it
>>
>>80722766
>in-universe chronolgical order
It would be better to watch them in production order imo. Captain America 1 works better I think if you've already been introduced to the world, as in certain things it somewhat assumes this familiarity, not in a huge way but in a way that still makes it better to watch in it's original context (plus the whole thing is a frame story)

Agent Carter I haven't seen though if you're including TV shows, and those are the only two that it would make a difference for (I think)
>>
>>80726779
The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2 and Thor all take place simultaneously even though they came out years apart
>>
>>80727270
that's interesting, how come?
>>
>>80727472
No idea why. That's how it is on the Marvel official timeline. During Iron Man 2 the Hulk's college campus rampage could be seen on the news in the background in one scene. Also Coulson shows up in Iron Man 2 but leaves halfway through the movie to pick up Thor's hammer in New Mexico.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.