[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can /co/ explain what Hyperion is, I tried looking it up, and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: Hyperion.jpg (275 KB, 1506x830) Image search: [Google]
Hyperion.jpg
275 KB, 1506x830
Can /co/ explain what Hyperion is, I tried looking it up, and I got literally 4 different versions that interacted with the regular Marvel Universe in the past, and one who was basically the Ultimate Version of the character.
>>
>>80718691
That's because there's a bunch of different Hyperions across the multiverse, but in most versions, he's an Eternal. The one in current 616 was a Hyperion that was a baby Eternal on planet not!Krypton, that was sent to Earth when not!Krypton blew up.
>>
There are multiple versions of Hyperion running around, or were I'm pretty sure a couple have been killed off. Just think Marvel's Superman, in fact the whole Squadron Supreme is a bunch of DC parallels in the Marvel universe
>>
>>80718762
Who then ended up in 616 when his Earth was destroyed in an incursion.
>>
>>80718777
Why do they keep bringing different versions into Mainstream Marvel only to kill them off? Also how do the characters in the 616 cope with knowing four different versions of the same character? Does it bother him? Does it bother them?
>>
>>80718825
>Does it bother them?

Yeah because it's hard to tell. King Hyperion ( crazy evil one) joined the Thunderbolts pretending to be the good one and then once he was out of jail just went wild.
>>
>>80718944
Even if it wasn't the evil one there's this literal invincible asshole that doesn't belong in your world who could easily fuck everyones shit up, and everyone is just like "Oh, okay, I guess that's fine"?
>>
>>80719007
He's not that big a deal. The much weaker Avengers have beaten the entire Squadron Supreme/Sinister many times over. Hyperion has a tendency to job to Thor, as well.
>>
>>80719007
Nah, his power fluctuates just like the others'.
>>
>>80720200
>He's not that big a deal.
Depends on the version. The old Squadron Sinister versions were just good-natured parodies for the Avengers to beat up.

But the latest Hype was strong enough to beat down the Hulk and make him revert to Banner.

King Hyperion killed at least two whole Earth's worth of heroes with his bare hands, and beat the shit out of Juggernaut while with the Thunderbolts.

There was also old Hyperion from Paradise X who was essentially Kingdom Come Superman and he soloed an Earth ruled by evil sorcerer Kulan Gath, pretty handily as well.

Even the Supreme Power version managed to shake the entire planet when he slammed into it just to make a point to the government to leave him the fuck alone.

So it varies.
>>
anyone have the few pages from suqd. #1 that shows him fucking Atlantis and them killing namor, i have a physical copy but want to show my friends on skype
>>
>>80719007
THAT Hyperion got fucked up by Mole Man monsters and then Man-Thing finished him off if i recall correctly
>>
>>80723532
This looks like it was incredibly petty and spiteful on the part of whoever was writing it. Did they just really hate the character?
>>
>>80721760
>beat the shit out of Juggernaut while with the Thunderbolts.
That wasn't even avatar Juggernaut, just a Juggernaut that only possess remnants of his Juggernaut powers.
>>
>>80723624
How so? That is King Hyperion, he is responsible for the death of his own Earth and the death of several other Earths during his time with the Exiles. King Hyperion is a massive asshole that kills for fun when given the opportunity. Also, they only managed to defeat him after the Agronite inside of him was released into his body and severely weakening him as a result.
>>
>>80723532
>>80723624
Actually never mind, I just read up on that particular story. The lack of context you provided painted a picture of pettiness on the writers part in my mind of just having Hyperion get beaten up like a bitch and killed.
>>
I've been meaning to read some Hyperion. Which one was broing out with Thor, and does he do that often?
>>
File: 001h3598[1].jpg (278 KB, 1300x800) Image search: [Google]
001h3598[1].jpg
278 KB, 1300x800
>>80723678
Is/was this the same King Hyperion which were duking it out with the Blue Marvel?
>>
>>80723827
Yes. This encounter also reinforce the theory that the 616 counterparts that King Hyperion killed were weaker than their 616 selfs.
>>
File: Avengers Reading List.jpg (2 MB, 940x4545) Image search: [Google]
Avengers Reading List.jpg
2 MB, 940x4545
>>80723799
That's the most recent Hyperion, Hickman's. He was introduced in Hickman's Avengers.

Make sure to read Gruenwald's Squadron Supreme limited series (12 issues). It's one of Marvel's all-time best stories. If you want more of the Hyperion that bros out with Thor, read Hickman's Avengers/New Avengers (pic related).
>>
>>80723995
Wow, Hickman was given an amazing length of rope to hang himself with.
>>
>>80724086
It was pretty great, it was a shame that the delays killed the hype.
>>
>>80724209
I feel the actual event was massively disappointing in a Lost kinda way, but I'm not a huge fan of Hickman in general. East of West turned me off the same.
>>
>>80724312
As a Doomfag I feel that it was the greatest thing ever.

I also love the alternate universes settings.
>>
File: TheHick.png (40 KB, 626x296) Image search: [Google]
TheHick.png
40 KB, 626x296
>>80724357
Fair enough. I think Hickman is clearly smart and makes a real study of comic book storytelling, but he is definitely not a writer with a broad range. To me Secret Wars was massively, massively down from his stuff on the FF.
>>
>>80724450

>>80724450
>To me Secret Wars was massively, massively down from his stuff on the FF.

That is one of the things I liked it about it, how it was one big ass story.

Anyway, I read the first volume of East of West and I like it but I didn't love it. I feel the art carried the weight big time.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.