[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GUYS HOLY SHIT THEY'RE GONNA MAKE AN IRON MAN MOVIE: h
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 9
File: art decon iron man.jpg (59 KB, 600x797) Image search: [Google]
art decon iron man.jpg
59 KB, 600x797
GUYS HOLY SHIT THEY'RE GONNA MAKE AN IRON MAN MOVIE:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hYlB38asDY
>>
I just had a "Look how far we've come" moment.
>>
File: Spider-Man_00__scaled_800.jpg (291 KB, 800x523) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Man_00__scaled_800.jpg
291 KB, 800x523
>>80711637

Weird, ain't it?

Good or bad, you still got to appreciate that they took and risk and it worked.
>>
>>80711637
I know it's basically against board rules to say you like the MCU, but it's weird to think that all these movies, all these shows, all these franchises started with this movie.

Iron Man was an experimental film by Marvel to see if they could make a movie. It's kinda crazy to see how far that experiment went.
>>
>RDJ
DoA
>>
>>80711696
>>80711674
>>80711637
I cant' wait to see the montages people make by the end of Phase 3.
>>
>trailer literally gives away the entire film
>>
>>80711696
Coulson is the weirdest aspect of the MCU. He went from a literal extra to having a few extra lines in reshoots of Iron Man to a secondary character in The, Iron Man 2, and Avengers, to being the main character of his own series.
>>
>>80711840
>The
*Thor
>>
>>80711696
They still have yet to make a better film
>>
>>80711674
My only hope now is that we got the Fantastic Four back.

Fox has done good work with the X-Men and I think, at least for film, the X-Men work better in their own universe.

But the MCU won't feel "whole" until we get the Four back.
>>
>>80711876
Really? I thought Winter Solider was pretty much on par with Iron Man.

I will say that I haven't really hated any of the movies, just that some aren't as good as others. That's not at all to imply they are all great films.
>>
>>80711840
I wish he had stayed as a secondary character.

His participations in Iron Man and Thor were amusing, government guy who's all calm, collected and friendly but is also capable. He was funny and useful and didn't overstay his welcome.

Then his character got meme'd into being important.
>>
>>80711907
I'm hoping Fox at least cuts a deal like Sony did. Fox gets to keep their money and Marvel gets access to the characters they need.
>>
>>80711545
>Iron Man movie

Who gives a FUCK about Iron Man anyway? Specially after what they just did to him last year in the Civil War. Normies don't even know who he is. This is gonna bomb so hard going up in the same year as based Dark Knight.

How does it feel to know you're never getting past Spider-Man and X-Men, Marvelfags?
>>
>>80711947
AoS got better once he was pushed away from being the main character and the show became more about the team. He's a good supporting character, but not a main character.
>>
>>80711980
We have a Hulk reboot coming next year, doublenigger. Casuals know Hulk.
>>
File: Leaked Civil War Storyboard.jpg (147 KB, 783x1228) Image search: [Google]
Leaked Civil War Storyboard.jpg
147 KB, 783x1228
>Tony Stark was fucking satan to /co/, REGISTER meme in full swing
>Comics doing okay, Iron Man wasn't a main marvel draw
>Movie announced
>Movie release
>IRON MAN IS THE BEST MARVEL COMIC DC ARE YOU EVEN TRYING

I know it was a great film but damn what a 180. Look forward to that again when Civil War comes out.
>>
>>80711963

Fox hates Disney's guts so I won't hold my breath.
>>
>>80711980
It's like last Batman movie did well. Lol. Batman lost his fame long time ago.
>>
>thank god you're a woman

FUCKING SJWS
>>
>>80712021

Tony's the good guy this time. He's supposed to be the new face of Marvel.
>>
>>80711984
I don't really like how he killed Ward. I think either Fitz should have done it with some surprise gadget bullshit or the whole team should have taken turns with him.
>>
>>80711769
It was the final trailer. that's what they do.

If you look at the first trailer, it's way less bullshit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GnJJtpUL_M
>>
>>80711696
>I know it's basically against board rules to say you like the MCU
What fucking board are you on?
>>
>>80711947
He's the Felicity of the MCU.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWWd6p2JHKo

better trailer family. im so hype
>>
File: 1457150285520.png (44 KB, 182x146) Image search: [Google]
1457150285520.png
44 KB, 182x146
>>80712037
that's not what he said
>>
>>80711947
meh as long as you ignore AoS (which i do) he doesnt matter.

i actually miss him and wish he'd show up in the movies.
>>
>>80712033
>Batman
>Lost his fame

Not in the hand of visionary director Nolan he didn't. Have you SEEN the Joker? So based. I bet their final confrontation in the movie after Dark Knight will be siiiiick.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YBM3j7x4Lcw
>>
>>80712037
Yeah, he said "Oh God, you're a woman" that line would probably cause a minor shitstorm, a shitdrizzle, on the Internet nowadays.
>>
It's weird it was Iron Man of all things that started the MCU. I would've never even known of the character previously if it wasn't for MvC.
>>
>>80712195
Last Batman movie did 300 mil. It's over. Only way this movie will be successful is if Heath Ledger dies.
>>
>>80712158
Hey now, let's not say things we can't take back...
>>
>>80712258
It's also funny when you look back and realize how basic Iron Man was. With every MCU film now, every other character has to be a known comic character and there are so many teases for future films.

I loved Phase 2, but I kind of miss the simplicity of Phase 1.
>>
>>80711907
>Fox has done good work with the X-Men
The only half decent X-Men movie was First Class and even then Singer came back to fuck it all up in DoFP.
>>
File: tonystarktalktothehand.jpg (31 KB, 445x380) Image search: [Google]
tonystarktalktothehand.jpg
31 KB, 445x380
>>80712344

I know right?

It was so simple yet it really worked well.

Now it feels a bit too bloated.
>>
>>80712344
But Iron Man teased SHIELD, the Mandarin, War Machine and the Avengers
>>
>>80712383
It was bound to be bloated, what with all the new characters being added. It's why I was against TV shows and Netflix shows being part of the MCU because it just pushed it all into overdrive.

Hell, the fact that Venom won't be MCU drives me nuts too.
>>
>>80712410
But compared to now where AoU had to tease Infinity Wars, CIvil War, Ragnorok and Black Panther, it felt more natural back then, like each film wasn't just an advertisement for what's next. I'm wondering if we get to Infinity Wars, we'll start seeing teases for things like Dark Avengers, Secret Wars and other shit.
>>
>>80712467
Everything about AoU felt unnatural.

Still doesn't change the fact that the first Iron Man was already in full tease mode

>>80712412
The TV shows don't even affect anything
>>
>>80712467
Infinity War will end with someone rewriting reality with the Gauntlet and we'll get a slew of Heroes Reborn-like films starring handsome and affordable young actors right out of the CW.
>>
>>80712158
to far anon
>>
>>80712513
I'm starting to wonder if the time limit on these films creates more manufactured films. I mean, compared AoU Quicksilver to DoFP Quicksilver. Not even the slow scene, but the fact that DoFP Pietro is constantly moving and using his super speed in every scene. AoU lacked that and it bugged me.
>>
>>80711545
>>80711637
>>80711674

desu if they wanted to try a new hero for a new age and could access any of their big guns, Iron Man was the perfect choice. The terrorism angle, the tricked out power armour: he was pretty much the perfect choice.
>>
>>80712521
The only reason he's not is because we get short bursts of Tony Stark spaced among years, if he were to appear in a weekly show, he'd be just as bad, if not worse.
>>
>>80712518
Naw, I think Infinity Wars will kill off Cap, Tony and Thor and we go on from there.
>>
>>80712558
Ant-Man had like a decade, you tell me

Maybe Whedon is just shit
>>
>>80712583
There was a full hour cut from the film.
And don't you be saying that the Farm Scene was the problem. You saw how clunky the Africa stuff started.
>>
>>80712577
>implying cap won't die in CW
>implying thor and hulk wont die in Ragnarok
>>
>>80712577
I think Cap dies in Civil War, Bucky picks up the shield for Infinity Part One but Gauntlet shenanigans bring back Steve for the final showdown. It'd be sick.
>>
>>80711545
still one of the best films, desu
>>
>>80712616
Pretty much, but Infinity Wars 2 will cap the first 3 phases, and I bet then on out will be different.
>>
>>80712568
It's funny, isn't? The character explicitly designed to trigger people in the 70's was exactly what people wanted to see in 2008.
>>
>>80712603

>And don't you be saying that the Farm Scene was the problem.

Wasn't going to. I doubt an extra hour would fix Ultron though.
>>
>>80711545
>ironman shooting that tank
Disney would never allow that. Atleast, they'd make sure to clarify there was a drone in there or something.
>>
File: images.jpg (13 KB, 470x313) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
13 KB, 470x313
>>80712518
Teddy Sears wouldn't be a bad Captain America.
>>
>>80712691
Iron Man murdered at least 20 terrorists in that scene. I'm surprised he didn't spark an international powder keg.
>>
>>80712158

woah, hey, not okay
>>
File: Iron Man of Murder.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Iron Man of Murder.webm
2 MB, 640x360
>>80712713
and it was glorious
>>
It's a bit disappointing how it lost its teeth after Disney bought them. The sex jokes would never fly now.
>>
>>80712712
I'd rather he did something, anything as Jay Garrick first, though.
>>
>>80712776
>they're off playing hide the zucchini
>>
>>80711545
that isn't even the first trailer with the "Iron Man" song slowly kicking in and the suit only appearing in the shadows. That trailer sold everyone immediately.
>>
>>80712776
Um "hide the zucchini" hello? And hey they can say "shit" now that's like the second dirtiest word ever

I miss pre-Disney MCU
>>
>>80712790
Didn't you see episode 15?
>>
>>80712801
That's a throwaway gag. But Stark randomly bedding a reporter and making it a running joke, or having an orgy with his flight attendants/private strippers would never fly now.
>>
>>80712871
I'm not caught up yet, no. But I'm somewhat aware of the many Jays and the apparent identity of Zoom, what I mean is that I'm still holding out for Jay Garrick in full costume doing some cool as shit, that happen yet?
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 299x442) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 299x442
How would you fix it, /co/?
>>
>>80712742
Is it just me or this still the best suit in the movies?
>>
>>80712950
He beat up Geomancer
>>
>>80713004
It's never just you
>>
>>80712776
Wrong. GotG had that ridiculous cum joke:
>Oh she has no idea. If I had a blacklight, this would look like a Jackson Pollock painting.
Its the best one capes has had so far.
>>
>>80712976
For starters Whiplash wouldnt ever be in armor, I liked the poison arc reactor plotline so that can stay, that bit in the begining with him hungover would stay, maybe make the fight between him and Rhodey a bit longer? I personally liked Justin Hammer the way he was, get rid of that stupid bird
>>
>>80712976

Remove Whiplash, make Justin Hammer more of a threat to compensate, clean up the plot a bit, go full ham on the poison arc reactor arc
>>
>>80712916
Because he's in a committed relationship now. Jessica Jones is still a huge whore. There's just not really anyone in the movies who can pick up the slack as the guy who fuck every woman he meets. Cap is too pure, Thor is too pussywhipped, Hawkeye is married, and this universe's Banner was transformed into the Hulk by exposure to beta rays.

Oh wait, Quill. In GotG he fucked that pink girl and then later went on a rant about all the alien women he pumped and dumped.
>>
>>80712691
Did you see Iron Man 3? He straight up murders people
>>
>>80713323
If you remove Whiplash you'd have to double down in the Hammer drones, which made for a really shitty third act. I say keep Whiplash, but not as an armored villain, just have him obviously outgunned in the fight, but Iron Man can barely stay conscious due to the arc poison.
>>
>>80712380
>implying X-men 1 and 2 weren't fantastic at the time
>implying DoFP wasn't solid
>implying Deadpool wasn't 10/10
>implying The Wolverine wasn't decent
The only real blunders were Origins and X3, and Apocalypse will probably be good too. The only real problem with modern X-men movies is FUCK DAMN JENNIFER LAWRENCE RUINING EVERYTHING.
>>
>Actually thought you were posting a new Iron Man animated movie

Oh, you're just trying to be funny. Great.
>>
>>80714100
>Marvel
>Animated movie
>Ever again

Anon, you so silly.
>>
>>80712976
Just fix the pacing.
>>
>>80711907

Fox will continue to make ashcan movies for years and years just to spite disney. Almost every single one other than the silver surfer one is essentially just that.
>>
>>80712158
How the fuck could you? You bitch
>>
File: letmedie.jpg (73 KB, 495x636) Image search: [Google]
letmedie.jpg
73 KB, 495x636
>>80714138
It's nice to dream sometimes, anon.
>>
>>80712045
Coul v Ward was the best part of Season 3, desu.
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.