[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So basically I've never read a Spider-Man comic (or Marvel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: spideythread.jpg (76 KB, 540x397) Image search: [Google]
spideythread.jpg
76 KB, 540x397
So basically I've never read a Spider-Man comic (or Marvel comic for that matter) in my life and after loving the cartoons and movies as a kid, I wanna read them to see if they're good. Where do you reccomend me to start reading or what should I read?
>>
Is there even a recommended Spidey reading list?
>>
Eeeeehhh, just stick to the three good cartoons, the first two Raimi movies and ASM1.
>>
>>80694692
Fuck off faggot

>ASM1

No seriously fuck off

OP, read the original Lee/Ditko run to get started.
>>
>>80691475
The library. Grab the first spiderman that interests you and read it.
>>
>>80691475
OMD, Superior, and Ultimate (Miles Morales) :^)
>>
>>80694741
While ASM2 might be the worst of the five movies ASM1 is probably the best. Still pretty low tier as far as capeshit movies go though. Spider-Man is best in cartoons, the Spectacular Spidey cartoon is probably the pinnacle of the character.

Shame his games aren't better, he's had a couple of solid entries in his overall poor game career but Spidey really should have an Arkham Asylum tier masterpiece. It should be easy but the licence always ends up in shitty hands.
>>
File: 47755_front.jpg (54 KB, 640x445) Image search: [Google]
47755_front.jpg
54 KB, 640x445
>>80694922
>but Spidey really should have an Arkham Asylum tier masterpiece
>>
>>80694922
>Spider-Man is best in cartoons, the Spectacular Spidey cartoon is probably the pinnacle of the character.

Fucking casuals
>>
File: 1338413989614.png (428 KB, 483x1356) Image search: [Google]
1338413989614.png
428 KB, 483x1356
>>80694550
this is alright.
>>
>>80695018
He is right though. SSM is to Peter what All Sar was to supes
>>
>>80694961
It's a pretty rad beat-em-up but it's not really the Spider-Man experience in game form which is what I'm more looking for.

Spider-Man needs something where controlling Spider-Man is somewhere between Arkham City and Prototype with Spider-Man 2 movie game web swinging. And is set in an open world city like those games, but less combat-centric with more civilians and tasks revolving around being not just a vigilante but a true friendly neighborhood Spider-Man.
>>
File: Spider-Anya.jpg (25 KB, 600x315) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Anya.jpg
25 KB, 600x315
>>80691475
>So basically I've never read a Spider-Man comic
And you're asking /co/?
>>
>>80695271
Ultimate Spider-Man is what i believe the Spider-Man experience

Comic book style: check
Webslinging that ACTUALLY sticks to buildings and not the moon: check
An assortment of Spidey's biggest baddies: check
An alternative gameplay mode that allows you to play as another popular character, while also interacting with Marvel's richest heroes: check, and check
>>
>>80695803
Ultimate Spider-Man is one of his best games and it's a very good one. But it's not really quite a masterpiece and it wouldn't be notable without the Spider-Man licence. It still feels like a licenced game, games based on properties from other media always feel "b-tier" compared to games designed from the ground up for the medium by people passionate about games.

Arkham Asylum was a case of a licenced game that that didn't feel like a licenced game. It doesn't need its licence to matter, it is excellent on the merits of its design alone. It actually pushed the games medium forward with design and animation that were copied endlessly after it came out and became the standard for its genre as a whole. The Batman licence certainly elevates it and the design matches what a Batman game should be, but it doesn't need its licence and is totally recommendable as a great game to people that give zero shits about Batman.

That's what Spider-Man deserves. A game that delivers on the Spider-Man experience, but that justifies its own existence with its design and quality. A game that's great regardless of whether Spider-Man is in it because it's well made and designed, but is improved by his presence.
>>
>>80696229
...but the combat in the Arkham games is shit.
>>
>>80696958
You might not like it but it set a standard that became incredibly popular and was copied endlessly by other games.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.