[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For being one of the world's best known superheroes, there's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: amazing-spider-man-2.jpg (271 KB, 1798x1348) Image search: [Google]
amazing-spider-man-2.jpg
271 KB, 1798x1348
For being one of the world's best known superheroes, there's very little actually good content featuring him

>Specular Spider-Man
>Three movies (Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2, Amazing Spider-Man 1)
>Lee/Ditko run, first two volumes of Ultimate Spider-Man, Blue, Kraven’s Last Hunt

That's still a lot, but for being Batman-tier popular, still surprisingly little
>>
File: main.jpg (25 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
main.jpg
25 KB, 620x349
>>80677991
Multimedia-wise, Spider-Man is close to Batman

>two (three?) acclaimed animated series, TAS, Beyond, Justice League/Unlimited
>five acclaimed movies, Batman 89, Batman Returns, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight

Plus the Arkham games.

The main difference is Batman having a ton of acclaimed graphic novels. Marvel does not into graphic novels.
>>
His video games are pretty good for the most part
>>
>>80680134
Spider-Man 2 and Spider-Man on the original PlayStation are the only ones I see people really praise.
>>
It's because you don't read comics. He had one of the most consistent run ever. Pure gold till the 90's. With the exception of few or a bit more, I can easily say that he definitely has the best material among other superheroes.
>>
>>80677991
>>Lee/Ditko run, first two volumes of Ultimate Spider-Man, Blue, Kraven’s Last Hunt

>The only good Spider-man comics

Nice b8.
>>
>>80680161
I've always liked the Shattered Dimensions game and Ultimate Spider-Man was pretty good
>>
>>80677991
But Spiderm brand is more popular than Batman, Marvel makes more money off Spidey than DC could ever hope to make with both Supesand Bats. Marvel grossed over 2 billion in spidey toy sales and merchandise there's even a graph showing that Spidey is more profitable than those other brands.
>>
>>80680288
He was also good in early 00s.
>JMS before Sins Past
>Jenkins when he's actually trying and not pushing out shit like those Spider-Queen stories
>anything by Zeb Wells
>>
He does however have two excellent video games, Spider-Man (PS1) and Spider-Man 2 (movie tie-in, PS2)
>>
File: 1453674615169.jpg (47 KB, 278x353) Image search: [Google]
1453674615169.jpg
47 KB, 278x353
>>80677991
>Lee/Ditko run, first two volumes of Ultimate Spider-Man, Blue, Kraven’s Last Hunt
Fuuuuuck yooooou for thinking these are the only good Spider-man runs and including the mediocre Ultimate shit
>>
>>80680288
Christ, Spiderfags are annoying. Even batfags don't go around telling people that anyone who doesn't think that every bat comic published for 30 years was 10/10 doesn't even read comics.
>>
>>80680843
>annoying
Oh, look. Pot kettle black.
>>
>>80680649
>>80680843
Quit being company war tards.
>>80680725
I also dug the gauntlet for the most part when it came out a few years back. Superior had its moments too.

I also liked parts of the gauntlet a lot.
>>
>>80677991
>nearly forty years straight of consistently good comics
>>
>>80680161
that is mostly nostalgia goggles for SM2

spiderman 2 is ok until you realize the only thing it had over the other sandbox spidey games after it was the webswinging mechanics

other than that is aged pretty badly
>>
>>80678058

This.

Also, I want an Arkham-type game for Spider-Man, considering that he's the only other comic character with as well-developed of a rogues gallery and story as Batman's.
>>
>>80681018
Between all the gadgets and zip line swinging, the Arkham games are almost Spidey games already.
>>
>tv fags in charge of knowing shit about comics
>>
>>80677991
There's more good content or him than Superman.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.