[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you mainly stick to comics or cartoons, or enjoy them both
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
Do you mainly stick to comics or cartoons, or enjoy them both equally?

Pic unrelated
>>
For western shit, cartoons. Just don't like cape narratives and that's a dominating force in western comics.
>>
>>80672849
I'm more of a cartoons guy in terms of consumed volume, but I dabble in comics too.

>>80672864
You mean American comics.
>>
>>80672849

Comics are better storytelling. Most cartoons are oriented toward kids below the age of 10, and then the adult-oriented animation is almost entirely comedy stuff. I got tired of the South Park penis joke stuff when I was like 17

Basically, the good fiction is in the comic books
>>
File: sophisticated.jpg (18 KB, 252x233) Image search: [Google]
sophisticated.jpg
18 KB, 252x233
>>80672849
I enjoy neither and just shitpost.
>>
>>80672916
>superman
>fighting the villain "kryptonite man"
>good fiction

Anonymous please.
>>
File: 1457674567655.png (296 KB, 649x649) Image search: [Google]
1457674567655.png
296 KB, 649x649
>>80672935
>all comics are cape comics.
>>
>>80672916
>implying cape comics are aimed at mature adults such as yourself
>>
>>80672962
Well you went >all cartoons are kids cartoons so it's only fair.
>>
>>80672849
Ive enjoyed both most of my life, but currently Im not reading or watching anything really.
>>
I feel like animation is a natural step up from comics, with the added advantage of voiceacting and music (a HUGE plus for atmosphere)

The Maxx MTV adaptation is what I'm thinking of here, not only was it faithful it seriously improved so much on the comic it was based off.
>>
Cartoons.

Comics are just a dead medium and are like some retarded handicap brother we have to burden ourselves with here.
>>
File: 0078123123.png (92 KB, 421x248) Image search: [Google]
0078123123.png
92 KB, 421x248
american anime and american mangas
>>
I go through phases. Sometimes I mainly read comics for months and then I'll switch and mainly stick to cartoons.
>>
>>80672978

I just like there to be a story instead of a 20-minute block of dick and butt jokes
>>
>>80672849
I stick to cartoons. I don't know why, but I can't get into comics that much. I read something and like at some point I get bored. The only two that I never got tired of was Bone and Ultimate Spiderman
>>
>>80672849
Both. Lately I've been reading more comics, though. And manga, and watching more anime.

Really, after all action cartoons died I have nothing left.
>>
There are a lot less mature cartoons which aren't comedy. In comics, there are publishers and imprints dedicated to mature stuff. There are hardly any cartoons in noir, sci fi or high concept stuff.
>>
where'd you pick up that dumb picture?
>>
>>80673094
there's more to comics than capeshit

actually back up... why the fuck isn't there a /cape/ board? seriously there's enough content for one.
>>
The only comic I've bought is the Megahex book of MM&O.

I think comics for the most part are shit and the medium is being killed by its audience .That doesn't stop me from going into comic threads and spouting opinions I've picked up from other posters on /co/.
>>
Do you think /co/ would have less shitposting if it were dedicated to either comics or cartoons? It seems that Cartoon fans are the ones most likely to shitpost in comics threads and vice-versa
>>
>>80673648
there's a clear history on this site that the more specific boards are made, the shittier they are
>>
>>80673731
at least ban the fucking /tv/ threads

50 fucking threads about the new spiderman's eyes
>>
>>80673759
do you at least use the catalog?
>>
>>80673778
you filter one thread 10 more pop up

there is also nothing i can do to stop having to see that blonde cunt from that arrow show every hour
>>
>>80673616
/b/ from like 9 years ago.
>>
I hate both
But mostly I stick to comics

Lately I've been playing jrpgs while watching dubbed mech anime, so neither I guess
>>
File: Darth Vader 001-000.jpg (3 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Darth Vader 001-000.jpg
3 MB, 1988x3056
Cartoons

The only good comics are the long book-bound ones. I gave the magazine style ones a chance but they have too many advertisements for my taste.

I wanted to get in the Star Wars mood for last year's episode VII so I got Darth Vader #1 when it came out. I was reading it with movie music and having a great time until I was hit with a full page ad. It was a shock for me, but I guess it's normal.

Can't bring myself to enjoy pirated editions either, such is life.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.