[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would an episode of the Boondocks about black lives matter go?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4
File: 0.jpg (8 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
8 KB, 480x360
How would an episode of the Boondocks about black lives matter go?
>>
>>80668988
They bring back MLK again. BLM protests
>>
>>80668988
End of the episode, Huey acknowledges there's a problem with law enforcement's abuse of authority but at the same time recognizes that blm is based on a lie with "hands up don't shoot" and that most of their protestors are white and protesting shit just for attention
>>
>>80669184
Why do people care if a guy never said those exact words? It's like people refuse to engage in a conversation if one fact is wrong. It's like claiming vegetarianism is dumb because Hitler was one.
>>
>>80669280
It's more that their movement is based on the police being systematically racist, when it's more that they're more prone to being shitty towards poor people. There are just more shitty blacks
>>
>>80668988
> start episode with a case where people are protesting a police station with black lives matters signs for something about a cop killing some black guy.
> Huey starts talking about the black lives matter campaign and its intent, then starts to talk about how some people who don't fully understand it using it in ways that ruins it reputation
> switch over to Riley who does not understand what the black lives matter movement actually means and joins the protest and starts threatening officers
> Something with Uncle Rucus being interviewed by a news crew about ho he feels about the Black Lives Matters movement and he says something along the lines of, black lives don't matter or white lives matter more.
>Riley does something that snowballs the protests into a riot
>fight, dodging and chase sequence ensues as Huey chases Riley to stop him from rioting and take him to safety.
>>
>>80669280
It's not just the phrase that's a lie though. Mike Brown became a martyr despite the fact he was a common fucking thug who literally robbed a store and charged the cop in question.

The entire BLM narrative is based on fabrications.
>>
>>80669280
Huffington Post started tracking the number of people killed by cops in the US to prove that it was race based.

A few months later 2/3 of the dead were white or hispanic and some of the shooting officers were non-white.

It turns out (and this was obvious to anyone paying attention to these issues) that the real problem is how cops engage suspects and escalate force. Lethal force can easily be said to be used too readily, especially when dealing with poor people suspected of petty crimes. It's more happenstance that, for socioeconomic reasons, black people make up a large number of the group the police are likely to shoot. But the media and these movements apply the logic backwards and assumes race is the primary cause and ignore the contradictory evidence.

Now significant amounts of racist ticketing and fine enforcement was found in Ferguson, a 67% black community that was being policed by 100% white police force most of whom were hired out of other states and didn't live in Ferguson. But that isn't the beach BLM decided to fight on, they instead made a martyr of Michael Brown. A thug who died assaulting and officer and trying to steal his sidearm. Turns out when your martyr is actually a piece of shit your movement doesn't get good national traction.

The whole thing has been taken over by identity politics wankers to be honest. Which is sad, because police reform was gaining significant traction before BLM, and now almost in reflexive disgust of the movement public opinion seems to be going the other way.
>>
>>80672407
Sometimes I feel like the rich prefer to keep the focus on race instead of class for obvious reasons.
>>
>>80668988
OH MY GOD A CHAIR
>>
Boondocks the comic soured me on Boondocks the show, so I never gave it a chance. Does the show rise above it's origins, /co/?
>>
>>80674551

Oh and:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1xmXOP3lhM
>>
>>80674551
It has it's moments, but the only reason (beyond enjoying the comics) to watch it is the amazing animation
The last season is shit, so if you're just looking to capture the experience rather than marathon a show, skip it
>>
>>80674622

Well I read a couple of the comics, and was ready to punt Huey into the nearest wall for being such an arrogant little shit.

If "show" Huey is like that, I don't think I can take it.

To be fair I didn't read much of the comics. Perhaps I read a bad batch, and it soured me on the concept.
>>
>>80672407
>and now almost in reflexive disgust of the movement public opinion seems to be going the other way
Could you expiatiate? It saddens me deeply, I hate reactionarism, it will only make everything worse. Well pendulums gonna pendulum i guess
>>
>>80674692
Show Huey is a bit more thoughtful and reasonable but he's still kind of standoffish.
>>
>>80674551
Yeah, I never found the comics funny or interesting, I just read some because people said Huey's character was a bit more mischievous/extremist, but was severely dissapointed.

Can someone throw me a strip that's supposedly good?
>>
>>80672407
well said

That being said, I can't help but feel that grassroots movements as a whole tend to cause more overall harm to society than good, with more extreme historical examples being the French Revolution and the October Revolution.

I'm guessing it's just due to the general ignorance of all the parties involved, as well as complete lack of any concrete goals other than "The man's keepin' us down! Take those muthafuckas out! Muh classism! Muh populism! Muh racism! etc.."
>>
>>80674747

It's Ok Huey, he was only the third Jedi to be killed by Palpatine.
>>
My guess is
>Huey becomings insanely involved in the movement but gets carried away, only to realize the movement is based on fabrication and a false prophet
>Riley becomes involved as one of the looters who just uses the opportunity to fuck shit up, calls Huey gay when Huey monologues about everything wrong with the BLM movement
>Granddad gets super excited about the movement and reminisces about getting his ass beat by police, but is way to lazy to actually participate
>Rucus is 100% pro-police and says Mike Brown was a dirty nigga thug and that all blackies should be shot by police
>Tom sees both sides of the argument and holds his opinion till more evidence is presented
>>
File: e2e.jpg (196 KB, 780x770) Image search: [Google]
e2e.jpg
196 KB, 780x770
>>80674747

I read the set of comics where the girl gave him an apology card for... something.

And he sperged out by complaining about how the kids on the cover were both white.

After that I was like, "Screw this kid. Nothing that happens to him is of any interest to me."

Also the fact that he has that constant scowl means that he is impossible to empathize with. He ends up reminding me of this.
>>
>>80672407
you're foolishly not looking at the per capita number.

blacks are far more likely than literally any other race to be killed, or incarcerated.
>>
>>80674747
sam jackson windu was a missed opportunity. instead of having sam jackson shine playing a charismatic jedi, he was stuck playing a boring ass emotionless fuck.

all that vapaad shit would be interesting if sam jackson had actually showed emotion and anger in the films.
>>
>>80674911

Nah Jedi can't have emotions. Emotions make you evil... or something.

Man George Lucas has issues.
>>
>>80668988
kind of like the obama election episode

huey has a standoffish skepticism of the whole thing and people give him the stink eye for it
>>
>>80674924
sam could have been a jolee bindo type grey jedi but theres no way to have an unaffiliated force user in the trilogy make sense to the plot
>>
>>80674933
huey would skeptic because it doesnt go far enough probably
>>
>>80668988
Huey would suspect that #BLM is a false flag plot by white bankers to undermine the black movement, and go digging for answers only to end up in an underground knife fight against an italian restaurateur. Riley meanwhile would wholeheartedly join the movement, spamming twitter at every opportunity using Grandad's phone, until an embarrassing photo of himself (pants falling down, baby photo, etc) accidentally gets posted using the hashtag and goes viral and he dies of shame.
>>
File: nippon stronk ship airplane.gif (903 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
nippon stronk ship airplane.gif
903 KB, 900x600
>>80675017
>suspect
He would try and red pill everyone on COINTELPRO, and how you should act like idiot masses because it makes it easy for false flag operations to succeed.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COINTELPRO

Also "make the kid unlawfully arrested your banner! Not the ganstah who played 'Catch the brass ring' with a cop's gun!!"

But i won't judge McGruder for not wanting to risk public scorn
>>
>>80674892
Blacks are far more likely to shoot at cops and generally commit crime
>>
>>80672407
>>80671833
I'll be honest I still have trouble believing some of the facts from the Brown case still.

Like you guys have to understand. This isn't just Dindu, this defies logic. The idea that a black man, a black man who just robbed a store at that, walked past the police, THEN decided to turn back towards the cop car, and pick a fight with an armed cop while having no weapon of his own is a hard fucking sell to Black America.

I spend most of my time between work and wasting it on 4chan, I have no criminal record, and if I see a cop or two in my path or sometimes even an empty cop car I'll cross the street. Hell, I've seen kids in my neighborhood play by walking down the street normally and then shouting "oh shit it's the cops" in unison before running as fast as they can. They were like six and seven years old and they already knew the score.

It's just an ingrained idea in black society that you would never do what Brown did. Didn't help that one of the witnesses couldn't decide whether he was 50 or 100 feet away when he saw all this go down.
>>
>>80675730
Obviously it's hard to sell the idea to a community that one of their own was a complete fucking retard. That's only logical
>>
>>80675755
Naive white person detected.
>>
>>80676519
Enjoy getting shot, dindu.
>>
>>80676519
Naive how, exactly?
>>
>>80668988
It would reveal the hypocrisy of the movement, and would be panned as worst episode ever because of that.
>>
>>80676580
The hypocrisy of some individuals doesn't invalidate the whole movement. That's why we aren't getting anywhere, instead of seeing the message most people are concerned about how BLM triggers them.
>>
>>80676616
>instead of seeing the message
What message?
>>
>>80675614
True. We have a culture where

1: we blame white people for OUR bad choices

2: music that pretty much days we're supposed to be criminals in order to be REAL niggas

3: a high fatherless child rate due to women doing #1 and fucking irresponsible men who are #2: "real niggas", serial inseminators (small groups of men in black neighborhoods are responsible for most of the pregnancies in those areas) for their neighborhoods and in and out of prison, and sought after by black women BECAUSE of their criminality/"realness"

It's a perpetual loop. Ghetto blacks and GB wannabe's (these 2 groups make up the majority of black people) are stuck on stupid. If you don't have that mentality, you're an outcast...and probably posting on 4chan. I bid you welcome. You're NOT alone.
>>
>>80676670
Stop being such an Uncle Tom dude.
>>
>>80676624
That any time a white guy kills a black guy (most of the time it's justified, others are cold-blooded racism, though) it's a HORRIFIC thing that happens WAY TOO OFTEN, and black on black murder (which happens SO much more often that it makes white on black murder look like man bites dog) is to be ignored.
>>
Not to sound like that asshole smug Euro, but I'm amazed how much Americans make of things that are pretty much trivial news items.
Like I would have no idea OJ existed if he didn't kill his ex-wife and that jewish guy or something. And here he is being among the most universal cultural references.
And before someone points out the British are just as bad: yes they are. And so are we sometimes but not as often.
>>
>>80676670
Gonna blow out your light bulb with all that projecting.
>>
>>80676687
Nigga, whatever. Uncle Tom was a GOOD guy who gave up his freedom to make life easier for his fellow black people. Read the book (Harriet Beecher Stowe) or watch the movie.
>>
>>80671627
That's like S1-S2 Boondocks. S3-S4 Boondocks would probably have Huey narrate a little at best and let Riley unfuck himself.
>>
>>80676726
Black on black murder doesn't matter because every race is more likely to be murdered by members of their own kind just because most live around their own kind. The only thing that can change is the rate, but that goes back to alot of blacks growing up poor in broken homes.
>>
>>80676854
That's true, but it's massinely accelerated in the black community. The only reason white on white murder is higher is simply because there are MORE white people in america than blacks. Were the populations equal, they'd be eating our dust in that area. It's like we have internal genocide in the community or some shit. The hypocrisy in BLM comes from that: how can we enforce the idea that black lives should matter to non-whites, when we're just taking each other out in much higher numbers than THEY are, like it's nothing (and usually it's OVER nothing)? It's like the true message should be "Whites taking black lives matter". This situation is like some idiot leaving all his water hoses running 24/7, and lecturing his neighbors about conserving water, or getting mad cuz some passing homeless person wants to drink from one of them. (sloppy anology, but I'm doing something else at the same time, and have to keep an eye on it)
>>
>>80672407
>>80674789
Are there any historical examples of respected (and, optionally, successful) resistance/protest movements that DIDN'T have some kind of leader or figurehead? I can't help but feel when it comes to these kinds of movements, especially the racially charged ones, you need to have an MLK or Ghandi, both to help guide the movement and so that if someone does something stupid there's someone who can say "that isn't what we stand for, those people aren't with us."

I feel like all we have right now is self-righteous mob mentality, and that leads to things like thinking it's a smart idea to start a Bonfire of the Vanities out of a college's art collection, or blocking traffic. Having someone in charge means there is at least one person who everyone listens to, and that person can say "don't do anything that makes us look like assholes."
>>
>>80677056
Were the populations equal, alot of things would be different. There'd be more positive role models, more people getting education or just not being a hood nigga making babies to abandon. So much would change that I'd really doubt it would just be a scale up of black violence. We aren't in Africa.

The high rate goes back to poor blacks in violent neighborhoods either getting mixed up in gangs or just trying to survive by going down the slippery slope of crime till they end up dead or in prison (which will usually make them come out worse and spend the rest of their lives there). All that can really be done would be getting those kids out of those situations and giving them some real role models, but that's a very difficult and complex thing to handle. Something a confused movement isn't equipped to handle.
>>
>>80671627
"Do I think Black Lives matter? of course I do, we need them niggas to be our janitors, clean our lawns and help the police fill their arrest quota, SO yes I do believe black lives matter, not as much as white lives, but we need the black people to do the work we don't want to" -Uncle Ruckus
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.