[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>TFW can't draw so will never be an animator Can we talk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
>TFW can't draw so will never be an animator
Can we talk about classic animation and the art of animating?
>>
current animators don't draw all that well or stay on model or anything so you've got a pretty good chance. Now if you wanted to be a storyboarder just give up.
>>
File: POV_Zaku_Raep.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
POV_Zaku_Raep.webm
3 MB, 853x480
>>80668425
You're better off going to /a/.
Given that /co/ has a bunch of cynics like so
>>80669231
>>
>>80669428
Yeah, but most gook drawing is shit.
>>
>>80669807
And even their good ones don't hold up to the west's best.
>>
>>80669428

Man I never really got into mecha stuff but this is cool. What series is this from?
>>
File: 656552.gif (852 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
656552.gif
852 KB, 500x250
>>80668425
The older the animation the more visually appealing and comfy it is to me too bad most color palettes on shows are often too saturated
>>
>>80668425
I'm an amateur animator. Used to make decent money from YouTube until the monetization change. Went from ~$500 a month to ~$50 pretty much instantly.

Combined with Flash becoming subscription-based I pretty much gave up on it entirely.
>>
>>80673051
No wonder everyone fled to patreon.
>>
>>80668425
You got any specific stuff to talk about? I love animation as an art form, discussion about behind-the-scenes stuff, and I find it interesting to learn details about various animation techniques. But this post is so vague that I'm not sure what to discuss.

>>80673051
Really? I haven't been looking into Youtube monetization at all, what did they change and how did it affect your income like that?
>>
>>80669807
>>80670038
You're fucking joking right
>>
>>80673051
what kind of muh edgy video game parody were you doing?
>>
File: RIP Legs.webm (3 MB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
RIP Legs.webm
3 MB, 852x480
>>80673002
Gundam Thunderbolt OVA. Based upon a manga that's a retelling of the original series.
Only 2 eps out right now, though the 2nd still doesn't have subs.
They pulled out all of the stops when it came to animation for these OVAs.
>>
>>80674060
Been meaning watch thunderbolt but i've been busy with iron blood plus other things but i might just give it a watch tonight those webms were cool.
>>
>>80674100
They're only 18 minutes long (hence the quality) so it shouldn't be hard to find the time.
>>
>>80674117
Yeah i'm about to watch the two episodes that i see.
got about another day or so for iron but i've been planning to watch a shitton of mecha eventually just been putting it off.
>>
File: Where dreams become reality.jpg (121 KB, 596x594) Image search: [Google]
Where dreams become reality.jpg
121 KB, 596x594
>>80674141
Well good on ya mate. Hope you enjoy it.
>>
>>80674164
it was pretty good nothing for me to complain about other than the guy on the fed side reminds me of seed.
>>
>>80673051
>Went from ~$500 a month to ~$50 pretty much instantly.

I can vouch for this. I actually had some decently popular animations coming out over time with about half a million views each, but I couldn't make them fast enough so, at best, I'd get like $100 a month on them total.

A friend of mine managed to make a 14 minute animated film on youtube that got really popular, and he made some good money on it when it was actively getting views. (About a grand over two months.) But that film took months to make, and lets players can make as much as he did with a days worth of work.

Youtube has kind of shafted animators. That's why you rarely see new animated cartoons anymore unless they are just shoe-horned parodies or sprite animations Dorkly makes.
>>
>>80674812
I'd imagine the only way to make a living as a animator on youtube is to put out some stuff for more or less demo's if nothing else then try and contact a let's player channel that could pay you to do some stuff for them and basically use that money along with whatever you get off your own channel to do your own projects.

far as shit goes i really only know about some pone guys most of them had issues with copyright and i think 2snacks just died.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.