[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
General Iron Fist thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 176x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 176x300
In new casting call that got out it looks like Marvel is looking for their Davos. But, actors 25-30. Isn't that a bit young for Davos ? I'd imagine him in his fourties, unless he ate from the "tree of Immortality"? I wonder what they're doing.
>>
He's the link for those that have yet to see it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d_FJl6GsZzE
>>
Think davos will lose his hand in season 1?
>>
>>80655349

Wait, I thought Davos was roughly the same age as Danny.
>>
>>80656736
Nah, more like season 2.
>>
>>80656811
In the first casting call, it looks like Orson Randall is gonna be in the first season, with means it's at least partially based on IIF. Davos would have been friends with Wendell, so he should be a bit older than Danny.
>>
Davos is the same age as Danny boi
>>
>>80656968

Maybe time just flows differently in K'un Lun.
>>
>>80656518
Is everyone here for Polynesian Davos?
>>
>>80657167
I hope they make up for the mighty whitey bullshit they pulled with danny and go full negro with davos.
>>
>>80656968
Magic kungfu > aging
>>
>>80657115
Can't work that differently Danny enters K'un-Lun as a little boy, then leaves as an Adult. Speaking of which in the comic he stays there for a decade and comes out in his late teens. In the show he's in his late twenties, I assume the portal to KL (if there is one) will open once every 15/20 years. He's been in KL more than NY at that point.
>>
>>80657208
>mighty whitey bullshit

Senpai, pls.
>>
>>80657208
>full negro Davos

What do you literally mean by this?
>>
>>80657370
It can open every 10 years and he only came out the second time.
>>
>>80655349
I'm certain that the moment Davos appears in the show somebody will write: Omg isn't he like that guy from GOT.
>>
>>80657681
Davos or Danny? Do the cast people have a former GoT actor already lined up as the favourite to play Davos?
>>
>>80657746
Davos, because there's a guy called Davos in GoT.
>>
>>80657797
Oh shit, yeah. Thanks senpai, that went completely over my head. I though you were just confusing it with Danny, considering his actor's on GoT.

>I assume we all know his fate, now...
>>
>>80658121
He could've
>been stopped
>stopped at the door and gone back for 10 more years out of fear/doubt for dramatic reasons
>only started training from 15 on after he knows the portal opens every 10 years, after everyone telling him he would never leave.

There's lots of ways and reasons. It's not a huge deal, and would give an opportunity.

Actually, doesn't only one portal out of 7 or 8 islands open after the tournament? So another island could've opened instead.
>>
>>80657597
But, he trained for all those years myopically focused on gaining the power of the Iron Fist, then gaining revenge. What reason would he have to wait if the portal's open? Do you think they may insert the other Iron Fist (or at least the one that tried) that came before Danny, but after Orson, Like in ILW?
>>
>>80658284
I'm sure they'd think of something. I don't think we're gonna see much of KL, anyway. How heavy is the magic gonna be? Definitely, something they'd have to build to. Maybe that's part of the why reason why Danny might be in a psych ward.
>>
>>80658408
I wouldn't read much into the audition scene. I remember the ones I heard about DD S1 and only 1 of three was in there. For TV shows they write scenes just to showcase acting ability and range.
>>
>>80658284
I think because of what Orson did, the Tournament was forfeited, so it just defaulted to K'un-Lun.
>>
>>80658473
I wouldn't surprise me though, if something like that happened. Here you've got his random 20 something busting into this rich establishment to say he's /the/ Daniel Rand, heir to Rand Industries. Who unbeknownst to everyone should be dead, especially after being proclaimed that by the only know survivor who's now wheelchair bound after a bout of frostbite. How would a nine year old survive, let alone to adulthood in the barren wilderness of the K'un-Lunian mountains? Would you willingly believe him?
>>
>>80657370
>>80657115
>>80657597
>>80658285

>time works differently blah blah
age works differently there
lei kung is an immortal ageless 30 something, their bag on head king is ageless till one of their kids like, kill and replace them, and davos himself is an immortals child who clearly ages

also, the cities overlap the way the planets go into alignment, the tournament only happens when all the cities overlap at the same time, which happens every decade

also we obviously see the "freely come and go whenever the fuck you want" portal at the end of the first arc, and every city has that in secret. so theres no reason he couldn't just use that to leave
>>
>>80659073
I thought the alignment was every 88 years? The 10 year opening is for KL.
>>
>>80659229
ah tits your right, i got them backwards
it still doesn't make much sense though, because the prince of orphans is the only one old enough to have been to 2 tourneys

so he either was there when he was a year old, and is 89, or everyone else just decided, "eh, il just go to the one next decade, this years lineup is shit"
>>
>>80656811
Davos is originally the rival of Danny's FATHER. So no, not the same age.
>>
>>80659298
All this mythos back and forth, is making me wonder how Scott Buck is gonna sort out all the extending mythology for the show. Seems like it's ripe for inconsistencies, if one's not careful.
>>
I always got the impression that the inhabitants of the Capital Cities of Heaven were either immortal or at least very long lived.
>>
>>80659298
I think John is immortal. He only looks around late 50's, but it's probably just magic juice.
>>
>>80659472
Isn't it just the higher ups, and the Iron Fists (that eat from the tree), and the villagers all live and die, like normal people?
>>
>>80656968
>Orson Randall
Oh boy so he's just going to be stick
>>
>>80659522
wow I really thought iron fist was just a karate guys with a super dragon punch

I didn't realize it was for lore sluts
>>
>>80659562

IF's extra-dimensional shit strays into Dr. Strange territory. It's got its fair share of lore.
>>
>>80659562
Out of all the Defenders, Iron Fist is the one with THE /DEEPEST/ LORE.

Honestly, if they get the property right, it could blow every other one out of the water.
>>
>>80659542
But, probably get killed off. He's gonna challenge that "Netflix bingo card". Instead of an old black guy dying, it'll be an old white guy.

>Ah, that Danny-boy challenging stereotypes everywhere he goes.
>>
>>80656518
>Colleen confirmed for Asian

There should be no shouts of "White-washing" here.
>>
Hyped, /co/?
>>
>>80661415
More than for Luke Cage, and it's still a year away, at least.
>>
>>80661746
I wasn't hyped for LC, until I saw a comment about his background, and how it could work in a TV show. Now, I'm intrigued. He was pretty blah in JJ, but remember he's meant to be under the radar. He deliberately doesn't want any attention.

People keep on throwing the term "Wiresque" around. That could be interesting.
>>
>>80661941
Sure, I'll still watch it, and I'm sure it'll be cool, it's just that one character has to be the least hype, and I really actually liked Jessica Jones.
>>
>>80662085
I hope they turn it around in the show, and show us just how cool and full of potential he is.
>>
>>80662221
I don't think there's a lot he can do without it being repetitive. So they have to make it a detective show, sort of. Super strength is hard to do in tv budgets, and unless they make him a hallway fight where he just smacks everyone's heads against the walls exploding them without changing his path, I can't see how they'd do it.

Actually, that sounds wonderful. Just make him plow through people not caring. Each episode ramp up the ante.
>>
>>80662362
Just like in JJ during the bar fight. That was hilarious, he just snacked them upside the head and they went flying. With absolutely no effort.

Senpai, super strength would be a lot easier to do on TV, in compared to flaming fists of Dragon Qi. Speaking of which... How is that shit gonna look?
>>
>>80662479
Stunt director is the guy from marco polo. Expect impressive kung-fu and wire-fu. The fire itself, I don't know. We've never even seen it in movies.
>>
>>80662541
Probably understated, except a couple of "money shots".

This has me hyped tbqhonestfam.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb2WaTSIm_c
>>
>>80662873
The one hundred eyes special was cool. I didn't watch the rest with enough attention.
>>
>>80662996
Having even finished episode 1, but I'll check out the special. ( Even though really I suppose I should watch it first just to get to know the character more.)
>>
>>80663209
*Haven't
>>
>>80663244
Yeah, definitely watch it all. I'm not a huge fan of that kind of show and I caught up with other people watching it in our living room. The only one I paid attention is the special because it was disconnected.

I heard it's not that amazing story-wise, but what I glimpsed of it, it is definitely fucking beautiful.

The special reminded me of Avatar:TLA, especially Iroh's character.
>>
>>80658676
If it's anything like the comics, Rand Ind. is being run by the endboss of Final Fight.
I don't think anyone's going to raise much of a fuss if a new boss came in and got to work uninstalling all the crazy booby traps.
>>
>>80663416
Which run has the best intro to the character? I read like half of IIF but I lost where I was and would rather see his intro before going back.

Is it covered there? I remember there being a dragon, but I don't remember that revenge story.
>>
>>80663416
How Epic do you think this show could be, senpai? People in the know have said the pitch was amazing.
>>
>>80663569
Well then as long as the execution isn't fucked up I'm sure it'll be just fine. I hope
>>
>>80663495
The only other intro is the original comics. They're still readable, you could prob download the essential Iron Fist from somewhere.

There aren'y many IF comics before he merged with Power Man, it's not even a big mountain to climb.

His story is also basic as fuck and easy to understand before you add all the lore onto it

>orphaned by evil old white guy
>rescued by magical asian martial arts culture
>trains for ten years to become the best at punching so he can punch evil old white guy
>leaves magical asian land to punch evil old white guy
>arrives in NY to punch evil old white guy
>screwball hilarity ensues
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 627x330) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 627x330
>>80663760
Liefeld is got me hype, senpai.

>I JUST WANT TO FUCKING KNOW!
>>
>>80663787
I know all of that except the last part.
>screwball hilarity ensues
I guess I'll just keep on with IIF then.
>>
>>80663850
IIF skips out on how his quest for punching actually resolves and how he hooks up with Luke, Misty and Colleen.

So you could always look that up, or just wait for the show. There's only really one character development moment in there, which it looks like the show is going to do judging by the casting leaks.
>>
>>80663913
Which CD? When he doesn't kill Meachum?
>>
>>80656974
He seems older.
>>
>>80659562
Just though of something cool. If we see the pass Iron Fists, Marvel could do an interactive website where you can read "The Book of the Iron Fist", and flip to pages to read about a past warrior. You could even revisit clip. Also, the books of the warrior by The Thunder, that was mentioned in Wu Ao-Shi's issue.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.