[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
rank the spider-man suits
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5
File: 10mssv.jpg (141 KB, 686x499) Image search: [Google]
10mssv.jpg
141 KB, 686x499
Raimi > TASM 2 > TASM 1 = MCU
>>
>>80649654
this
>>
>>80649654
TASM 2 > TASM 1 > MCU > Raimi
>>
>>80649654
TASM2>>>>>>>>>>>Raimi=MCU>ASM1

Raimi had a great suit overall but was ruined by those awful eyes.
>>
ASM2>CW>Raimi>ASM1>Raimi Symbiote Suit
>>
>>80649654

CW > ASM2 > Raimi >>>>> ASM1
>>
Raimi>ASM2>CW>ASM
>>
ASM2=MCU>Raimi>>>>>ASM
>>
I never liked Raimi's costume. Didn't care for those silver webs, and prefer Spidey's colors to be a bit brighter.
>>
>>80649654
TASM2>MCU>Raimi>>>>>>>>>>>TASM

This is just suits mind you, TASM movies fucking sucked
>>
>>80649654
This.
MCU will be fun for the memes though.
>>
>>80649654
Supaidaman > All
>>
>>80649654
TASM 2 > Raimi > MCU > Supaidaman > Electric Company Spider-Man >>>>>>> TASM 1 >>>>>>> '70s TV Spider-Man
>>
MCU > ASM2 > Raimi > ASM1
>>
Raimi SP2 > Raimi SP1 > who cares
>>
>>80649654
I never saw the Amazing Spider-Man movies and honestly they looked like shit. Now that that series is dead I really don't see any reason to watch them.

The Raimi trilogy is still one of my favorite Superhero movie series even if they dropped the ball a bit in the third one. They had soul.
>>
What's wrong with the MCU costume? It's perfect Romita.
>>
Raimi>MCU>TASM2>ASM1>Raimi Black Suit
>>
>>80650726
My one big nitpick is that is't not very striking.
The lines don't stand out enough against the red.

Maybe it'll look better in other shots, but it's kind of boring and a little ugly in that one.

Still better than AS1 though.
>>
TASM 2 > Raimi > TASM 1 > MCU
>>
File: o3uv0mlwDa1v4xn5do1_1280.jpg (207 KB, 794x794) Image search: [Google]
o3uv0mlwDa1v4xn5do1_1280.jpg
207 KB, 794x794
>>80649654
MCU > TASM 2 > Raimi > TASM 1
>>
>>80650726
Romita was the first but not the best.

Also, comic designs don't translate perfectly well to live-action unchanged. Having a single, unbroken texture makes the suit look cheap/fake.
>>
>>80650726
I've personally never been a fan of the small, Ditko /Romita eyes. I'm more of a fan of the big, MacFarlane/Bagley eyes. I still like the MCU costume, though.
>>
>>80650837
Man, it's amazing what darkening the lines and shading the red lighter can do
>>
>>80650871
>Romita was the first
Kill yourself for pretending you know what you're talking about when you clearly don't.
>but not the best
Kill yourself again for having shit taste.
>>
>>80650871
Ditko was the first you idiot.
>>
>>80649654
TASM2 > Raimi = MCU > TASM
>>
>>80649654
ASM2>MCU>Raimi>ASM1
Movies themselves?
SM1>=SM2>SM3=ASM1>ASM2
>>
>>80650726
way too much cgi. unnecessary black pieces on arms and legs. lousy symbol. poor textures
>>
>>80649654
TASM 2 > MCU > TASM 1 >>> Raimi
>>
>>80650014

This is the only correct ranking.
>>
>>80649654
Raimi's SM films, at least the first two, really captured the tone of SM. They also got the characterization of the majority of the characters spot on. The suit was near perfect.

The TASM films are tonal messes with awful characterization and storytelling. TASM 1 had an ok but meh costume, TASM 2 had a solid costume but it was basically a cheap halloween version of the Raimi one with bigger eyes instead.

The MCU is now shoehorning in Spider-Man (with other character likely being shoehorned into his movie) and they're brining him back to high school for the 3rd time. Plus the director and writers (who wrote the Vacation reboot) don't give me much hope. While I like the emotive eyes in the MCU costume, it has too much going on design wise while at the same time none of the webs or textures really pop. Coupled with the CG mean that the costume is mediocre.
>>
>>80649654
TASM 2 > Raimi > MCU > TASM 1
>>
Toei > Raimi > Civil War > "Amazing"
>>
>>80652367
>raimi
Nostalgia... it was objectively the worse suit. but I'd expect so much from someone who unironically enjoys Supaidaman because "lol its funny"
>>
>>80652407
>who unironically enjoys Supaidaman because "lol its funny"
>Not because he kicks ass as a detective AND a hero
>Not because he has a flying car
>Not because he has a giant robot THAT TRANSFORMS
>It's because I'm smoke meme spouting new age try hard beatnik that eats and shits repeated jokes like some downtown living under the bridge junky that couldn't make it in life because they couldn't graduate middle school due to their ADHD and their parents would not allow them to be medicated so now all they do is shoot up and go to the local library to spout nonsense on a website that's filled to the brim with round Ronalds such as yourself circlejerking about circlejerking.
tl:dr fuck you
>>
>>80649654
MCU>TASM2>>>>>>>>the others
please stop rating the Raimi suits highly, they're trash.
>>
File: Why Not Zoidberg.jpg (74 KB, 400x306) Image search: [Google]
Why Not Zoidberg.jpg
74 KB, 400x306
>>80649654

SM1 > SM2 > SM3 > TASM1 > TASM2

I don't even like Spider-Man 3 but I'd rather watch that again than waste my time with any of that Avi Arad trainwreck bullshit that was the Amazing Spider-Man duology.
>>
Am I the one that loves the first Amazing suit?
>>
MCU>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The rest of the trash
>>
>>80652407
>stop liking muh heroes for reasons I don't approve of

Go get some fresh air, autist.
>>
File: P1010018 - Copy.jpg (56 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
P1010018 - Copy.jpg
56 KB, 400x300
panhandling Spider-man I saw in NYC in 2002 > everything else
>>
TASM2 >MCU > Raimi = TASM1 > Supaidaman >TASM 1977/8
>>
>>80649654
Raimi>MCU>ASM 2>ASM 1

The MCU costume looks fucking gorgeous in HD but I'm not sold on the moving eyes yet
>>
File: piderman.gif (326 KB, 500x263) Image search: [Google]
piderman.gif
326 KB, 500x263
>>80649654
Let's once and for all dispel the myth that the best Spiderman suits originate from any of the movies.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.