[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, is this place the MCU version of The Raft? Will they start
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: Raft.jpg (31 KB, 811x339) Image search: [Google]
Raft.jpg
31 KB, 811x339
So, is this place the MCU version of The Raft? Will they start imprisoning villains instead of having them all die by the end of their movies?
>>
>Prison out in the ocean

I've given up on the civil war.

Nothing can save this piece of shit
>>
>>80646211
Yeah what were they thinking, adapting shit from the comics?
>>
>>80646211
What's so stupid about a prison out in the ocean? The whole point is to make it hard for inmates to escape. Even if they get out of their cells they can't go anywhere.
Same idea as the Negative Zone prison, but I understand them being a bit more grounded.
>>
>>80646221
Yet they couldn't even adapt civil war properly
>>
>>80646211
>He doesn't know how contains works

>>80646165
And yes Op. That way when Thanos invades. He will be able to use them as pawns in his master plan. Plus it sets up the THUNDERBOLTS movies
>>
>>80646228
Why would anyone have wanted that? Civil War was trash.
>>
>>80646228
You want them to out of nowhere introduce a super-prison in another dimension? The Negative Zone existed for years in the comics, but movie-goers haven't seen other dimensions yet.
Hell, I don't think the MCU even has the rights to the Negative Zone.
>>
File: 1268835659352.png (197 KB, 445x334) Image search: [Google]
1268835659352.png
197 KB, 445x334
>>80646226

The Raft would need to be within the ocean boarder of the country behind its construction or given the express permission to be built by whoever owns the closest shoreline. Otherwise, one can't detain a party or individuals in international waters as no one owns international waters thus has criminal jurisdiction there, and even if someone or some power did, if said detainees broke free, they would not be committing any sort of crime in doing so as jurisdiction is irrelevant, thus those seeking to detain them have no right in pursuit. Building a prison in the open ocean means that whatever government, corporation or country doing do is violating the sovereign rights of everybody else as it is mutually agreed that no nation or government can claim open water as theirs alone. Doing this means instigating an international oceanic land grab and potential trade war that would devastate world economy.

So you'd have to be grade-A stupid to try or Tony Stark, who is the former.

Also, Namor would be really pissed off.
>>
>>80646165
I guess their only current inmate is the Abomination/Emil Blonsky
>>
>>80646228
Is this supposed to be a bad thing?
>>
what's the DCU version of the raft

who came up with the idea first
>>
>>80646824
The Negative Zone?
>>
>>80646922
Negative zone is a Marvel thing. DC has the phantom zone but that's specifically where kryptonians chuck their super criminals.
>>
>>80646824
Arkham is probably the most famous "jail" in DC, but that's only for Batman villains
>>
File: 1454969267170.jpg (1 MB, 3440x3062) Image search: [Google]
1454969267170.jpg
1 MB, 3440x3062
>>80646410

You wrote all that based on the vague made up assumption its in the open ocean?
>>
>>80646824
>>80646977
Probably Belle Reve
>>
>>80646410
the raft is just off of new york, quite close to rykers island. fucktard.
>>
Wasn't that a quick silver clone in the one cage?
>>
>>80646824
Supes has Phabtom Zone and Striker's Island, Bats has Arkham and Blackgate, Flash has Iron Heights and frozen peopke in the Flash Museum, GL has jail cels in Oa and the batteries themselves, Suicide Squad has Belle Reeve. There was also Salvation Run, when all the DC villains were deported to some far off planet, and tho it was part of the awful Coutdown to Final Crisis series, it's really not half bad.
>>
>>80646992
No.
>>80646226
Said "out in the ocean" so I took this to mean open ocean, as in ocean not close to continental boarder, to which I then spoke in regard to the wrinkle of international waters.

Regardless, it was barely a paragraph sir, so I apologize if I that vast, tome-like, volume of words was difficult.
>>
>>80647057
When?
>>
>>80646226
>The whole point is to make it hard for inmates to escape.

Then why not just build a prison on the moon?
>>
>>80647089
>and frozen peopke in the Flash Museum
That'd be one of the crueler methods of imprisonment if not only reserved for the worst and hardest stop stop villains that deserve no sympathy.
>>
>>80647043
We shall see if it remains the same in the movie. But I'm more curious as to who funds it in the movie universe. Shield is still fucked as of AoU, so unless they spend a few minutes explaining that it got back together, I bet it's A.I.M or just Stark shoveling more cash into the dumpster fire that is his spending pursuits.
>>
>>80647153
Because the US government has these things called "budgets", and they'd probably not want to waste billions on that when the Ocean does just fine.
>>
>>80647153
Actually given the whole alien invasion thing, people would be hesitant to building a penal facility up there. Though weapons platforms and military bases would be cool instead.
>>
>>80646410
>Otherwise, one can't detain a party or individuals in international waters as no one owns international waters thus has criminal jurisdiction there, and even if someone or some power did, if said detainees broke free, they would not be committing any sort of crime in doing so as jurisdiction is irrelevant, thus those seeking to detain them have no right in pursuit.

Yeah, see, here's the thing, you dumbfuck: if the prisoners do escape, then nobody can stop those seeking to detain them from doing so because it's FUCKING INTERNATIONAL WATERS.

Plus, nobody is going to make a big stink about a prison full of dangerous supervillains safely tucked away from everyone else in the first place.

>"Hey, you can't do that out there!"
>"Okay, we'll just release Murdercock Ultrarapist and The Invincible Baby-Eating O'Hoolihan somewhere. How about your country? That's pretty close by."
>"...objection retracted."
>>
>>80647160
The worst part is that when Inertia was frozen and placed in the Flash Museum, his body was frozen but his mind worked real time.
>>
>>80646165
Dude it's literally a raft.
>>
>>80647313
Well damn. I rule cruel and unusual punishment
>>
>>80646410
>SHIELD caring for laws
lol
>>
>>80647258
People would make more of a stink as to why Johnny Playground Explosion was being kept alive with tax payer dollars in the first place.

And if the Raft is in international waters, which >>80647043
pointed out that it probobly won't be. Unless it was secret for all of the five seconds it could be, the question of funding such a project would also come up. So not only are these dangerous super-villains being detained and kept alive on the tax dollar, but the facility would be built on it as well. In a movie with the premise about the government policing super heroes mind you, which in itself is farcical if you have governments trying to police super individuals trying to do good, while at the same time not outright executing the bad ones when normal people are executed for less.
>>
>>80647380
>Shield, not being disavowed

I doubt the Raft in the movie will be an official Shield measure.
>>
>>80647197
If they care about the budget, why not send them to an existing prison like Guantanamo instead of building one in the ocean?

Can't most villians swim? What about the villians whose powers are water-related?
>>
File: ass.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ass.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>80646165
it looked better in avengers assemble
>>
>>80646211
worked pretty well for alcatraz
>>
>>80646211
Alcatraz?
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.