[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /co/, I've written a screenplay for a Ghost Rider
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
Hello /co/, I've written a screenplay for a Ghost Rider movie. I'm here to ask if it's even remotely possible to get this sort of thing seen by the right people, since I'm an unknown.

My pitch: filmed like a horror/slasher film, R rating, set in MCU after Dr. Strange, not much link to the overarching "Infinity" plotline other than its set in the same world, no quips

>inb4 'let us read it', the fuck is the point?
>>
File: Ghost_Rider_Vol_2_29.jpg (89 KB, 400x617) Image search: [Google]
Ghost_Rider_Vol_2_29.jpg
89 KB, 400x617
>filmed like a horror/slasher film, R rating, set in MCU
if thats your angle, just stop right now

im certain a good screenplay writer knows what the studio wants and works around that, and this is disney so a R rated horror movie wouldn't sell, Netflix is different but you're gona need some good ol expensive CGI

also why horror, imo GR was always Hellboy levels of Horror, which is disturbing imagery and so on but like not-forced just for edgyness, at least for me that's how i'd prefer it

speaking of Strange and Blaze really hope we get some kinda neat reference to the spirit of vengeance, but i doubt it marvel movies don't always cease an opportunity
>>
>>80640089
OP here.
Well the stuff i have in it isn't too crazy, nothing so bad as say..any of the old Halloween movies or whatnot.
Honestly the most hardcore thing in there is GR chasing a rapist down an empty Nevada highway at night, using the chain to rip off a tire, which causes the guy to crash, and then dragging him behind the motorbike to kill him.
That's as fucked up as it gets.
>>
>>80640156
then why ask for an R-rating

but 4real post it

I often considered trying to write a screenplay for a new Hulk movie not based off Planet Hulk
>>
>>80640215
OP here.

Well, if no one shows up with any solid ideas, I may just post it for the hell of it. Based Marvel won't want to take any risks with their MCU, especially while riding that Disney dick, right?
>>
>>80640215
Hulk is kinda hard to justify, right? A movie for him would be hard.
>>
>>80640261
idk familia, maybe you can convince them if ever given a chance, you need to be somebody to warrant them giving a fuck about your screenplay, if not they wont accept it

>>80640401
nah, you just need the RIGHT niggas, i already have some idea down, villain is Leader based off EMH's Gamma World but like tweaked cameo by Cap and Hawkeye She-Hulk will show up

;)
>>
>>80640453
That sounds pretty interesting. Hulk needs to stop fighting big guys. Some one who can manipulate him would be fucking awesome. And a nice change. Write that shit bro.

Also, MCU movie wish list thread.
>>
>>80640261
I would think that Disney would just hire a screenwriter instead of purchasing a script from somebody trying to sell one to them for this sort of thing.

I also feel like doing fanficy stuff like this is a good way to set yourself up for disappointment for what actually comes out

>tfw I like my Superman movie better than MoS and I can't enjoy the DCCU because I have too clear a vision in my head for what it should be like and this doesn't align with it

It's much better to just let yourself be a fan, anon.
>>
>>80640707
OP here, I suppose that's true enough. Plus I'm sure plenty of people have different ideas for what certain movies should be like. Ah, well.
It's still fun to write shit. Hobby o mine.
>>
File: 4be81cb318af2.jpg (67 KB, 608x229) Image search: [Google]
4be81cb318af2.jpg
67 KB, 608x229
>>80640619
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdvDES46w0E

maybe, I wanted Leader to recruit a bunch of Hulk villains for his new Gamma World, they wont be the focus just threats for action scenes and shit, it revolves around Hulk and his inner battle and Leader manipulating him and being a dick, maybe i should write it might be fun, honest knowing me the movie would be 2 hours
>>
>>80640783
That would be good. The problem there would be avoiding making it seem to 'video gamey' in terms of mini-bosses and shit. The GR story of mine is very focused on what Johnny Blaze deals with in terms of having GR possessing him.

So you just gotta strike a balance I guess.
>>
>>80640877
I know what you mean and dont worry, they're just the army well it's hard to put out in words
>>
>>80641077
Write it, bro. I wanna read what you come up with.
>>
>>80641110
eh maybe ill make a thread,

gimme some deets on yours bro you dont need to spoil shit
>>
>>80641415
Hm, well like I said it takes place in the MCU post Dr.Strange. I figure that way it would be a little easier to rationalize hell and mysticism and all that demon shit in the GR universe to an uninitiated audience.
It takes place, setting-wise, in a desert in Nevade, near Vegas but still far away to be considered less...towards civilization.
Johnny was a stunt Rider, but not country or world famous. Not even statewide famous, just sort of a local wonder that was really good. He lost his soul to Mephistopholes trying to save his father etc etc and then his Papa died.
He has been GR for four years, but he treats it as a sickness, and only feeds the Rider's need for vengeance every so often, and only goes after solitary criminals, avoids sightings, works a factory job and avoids people.
He's very PTSD.
Plot is mostly him dealing with stuff.

I'll probably end up posting it
>>
>>80641616
pretty close to Cage's GR tbqh
>>
>>80640156
Ghostie shouldn't kill
>>
>>80640707
This reason is why I can't watch horror movies any more
>>
>>80641906
He's from hell, yes he should.
>>
>>80641864
Yeah, but it won't be so damn cringey. It has to borrow some elements, I think. Because the interesting thing about GR is that Johnny Blaze for the most part didn't want the Rider. At least, to me.
>>
>>80639944
If you really love Ghost Rider, I'd recommend writing up an episode of a Netflix hero show he could appear in.
If you show you can duplicate a writing style you're more likely to find work.
So for example write an episode of DareDevil where he meets Johnny Blaze and what the Netflix DareDevil would actually be like.
Other anons are right, one season of Ghosting would be too expensive for his own series. And Disney ain't gonna do an R rated movie set in their MCU
>>
>>80641957
But he's really not, he's an force of good that was corrupted. He's spirit of Vengeance not the spirit of death
>>
>>80642037
That wouldn't lead him to killing? Even a little? In what I've written it's...well, Johnny basically starves the Spirit. He avoids "changing" as much as he can.
>>
>>80641957
Thats a retarded excuse
>>
OP here
Where's a good place to post?
>>
>>80641992
>DareDevil
>twice
>>
>>80642582
Topkek
>>
I wrote an outline for a ghostie movie but it used ketch. Villain was Zodaic but with a little mix of deathwatch added in. It also would set up a midnight sons movie with blade,moon knight, werewolf and strange.
>>
>>80642582
More aesthetically pleasing that way; his logo is DD, bud
>>
>>80642615
TopKeK*
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.