[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did the series die?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
When did the series die?
>>
when they brought back Katya from death
>>
>>80626612
Katya

mein waifu
>>
Season 6.
>>
when the cyborgs were introduced
>>
It hasn't died yet. The quality hasn't gone down as much as other shows.
>>
>>80630522
anyone else think every season is a parody of a different spy show? i swear i can't prove it but i think every season parodies a different spy show entire series.
>>
Did it actually die? Or is this a "The new episodes are still watchable but not as good as the originals" thing?
>>
When it stopped being a workplace comedy, so around season 3 or 4.

As an HR guy, I found the jokes about SEPs, deductibles, and flex accounts were nailed perfectly and expertly balanced with the spy action and zaniness.

All of the original roles that gave the character dynamics structure (boss, secretary, accountant, hr) have been abandoned in favor of shallow personality quirks.
>>
Everything after Season 2 was much worse than 1 or two.

I guess Pirate Island was the killing blow.
>>
>>80631269
Definitely the latter.

A major factor is actually the thing that gave it, and FD, a nice charm, the repeated jokes and catch phrases.

They slowly suffocated the show, along with the characters becoming gratingly caricaturized.

I also hate all of the serious moments; they make me cringe.
>>
When Archers shitty sperm donor baby was born.

Make it grow up or kill her already.
>>
It started declining around the middle of season 3 and started relying on self-referential humor/callbacks way too much.

Vice was just awful. I haven't bothered with anything past that.
>>
>>80632120
Vice is my favourite season tho
>>
File: pain.jpg (12 KB, 184x282) Image search: [Google]
pain.jpg
12 KB, 184x282
>>80632258
>>
>>80632120
>>80632258
Vice had one great episode, and surprisingly enough, it was the only one that didn't heavily involve Pam or Cheryl or some guest star.

It was the one where Archer, Ray, and Cyril explained to Malory what happened to the coke.
>>
just before vice

though there seems to be an arc let on by last season's end
>>
>>80632053
I just want a flash-forward scene depicting her and the Wee Baby Seamus as adult superspies, either working together or feuding as rivals.
>>
>>80632378
I really liked the one where Archer and his new Stepdad bond.
Is the one you're talking about the one where Archer pretends to be Rando? Because that one is also fucking hilarious
>>
>>80633692
Yes, I think so.

Basically, if it doesn't involve Pam or Cheryl, it was okay. Those two were way too toned up in Vice, and it didn't help that both of them were given obnoxious new personality quirks.

Cocaine Pam was easily the worst, most grating thing in the entirety of the series
>>
>>80633634
oh my fucking god, i need this in my life
i need it even more than a flashforward luanne's baby and GH as adorably stupid toddlers
>>
>>80631550
>Pirate Island

This.
>>
When the writers began shipping ArcherxLana completely seriously. So around Season 4.
>>
When we never got to see Killface's home planet. Or why he was naked.
>>
The most recent season was actually great.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.