[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Criminally underused character
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
Why is the Silver Surfer so NOT in fashion those days ? After a pitiful attempt at portraying him in a Fantastic Four 2 which was an abortion of a movie, he's absent of any Marvel work I can think of.

But he was such a great character, tragic hero with poetry and drama, psychological fights against Mephisto and Galactus, a power capable of destroying pretty much anyone (and the very standard for Cosmic-level), he has wonderful stories with the Asgards, the Inhumans, the Guardians of the Galaxy, Doctor Strange, etc... do you think the new movies about those groups and characters will ever portray him again ?

I mean he was THE main character in the Infinite Gauntlet (well except Thanos) and now he's nowhere.
>>
>>80625471
He's hard for writers to get "right" though I hear Slott's take was pretty solid. That and Marvel doesn't seem to give a fuck about cosmic shit.
>>
What was actually wrong with him in FF2? He looked spot on.
>>
>>80625542
>though I hear Slott's take was pretty solid
I hear it was just silver Doctor Who
>>
>>80625573
>with him
nothing, everything else was bad, he was barely in it and had absolutly no focus except the guy ruining Earth so Galactus won't eat it.

Surfer is supposed to have twice as much of internal monologs than friggin Deadpool.
>>
I just can't understand how they'll go about Thanos Gauntlet crisis without any cosmic elements (since they introduced NONE except in Guardians of the Galaxy). Surfer and Adam Warlock are the ones who did the heavy lifting, the avengers got rekt in seconds and only Cap managed to score some moral points.
>>
He's my favorite superhero of all time. I'm somewhat ambivalent on Slott's run, since I'm not convinced you need a female companion (or a companion in general) for him. Surfer's one of those characters that writers should use to really dig into Marvel lore and multiversal shenanigans. Hell, that's why Grant Morrison on a Silver Surfer comic would be fucking orgasmic to me.
>>
>>80625471
He's a cooler visual than character. Same with Ghost Rider. Not saying good runs haven't happened, just that these are characters more at home on the side of a van than the inside of a comic
>>
>>80625888
Trips confirm
Grant Morrison on Silver Surfer, make it happen Marvel
>>
>>80625888
>you need a female companion
Who ? Nova ? Surfer needs only female companions to LOSE them and mourn over them.
>>
File: DUDE.gif (753 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
DUDE.gif
753 KB, 500x750
>>80625942
>Morrison/Quitely doing a Silver Surfer book
>muh fuckin dik
>>
>>80625937
>He's a cooler visual than character
He has a GREAT character and is perfect for exploring the marvel Universe like >>80625888
said. Since he has a strangely well defined and consistent power level (Entry cosmic level THE character) he's perfect to introduce a new threat.

Also all the other heralds were shit and you know it.
>>
>>80625957
He said he WAS NOT convinced you need a chick to hang out with him.
>>
File: she totally was tho.png (798 KB, 453x704) Image search: [Google]
she totally was tho.png
798 KB, 453x704
>>80626001
>thinks Aunt May wasn't a total 10/10 herald
>>
>>80626021
Ah sorry. We'll the answer he's clearly no.

Best Silver story I've ever read is one unique story when he's being targeted by Mephisto, resisting all his attempts to bring him out of his way. Very poetic and breathtaking art.
>>
>>80626120
aka the ONE (1) dope ongoing run he's ever had
>>
>>80626185
Name ?
>>
>>80626241
It was the John Buscema run
>>
>>80626241
Thanks. It's really that well known ? I feel stupid.
>>
>>80626327
Naw son, I just happen to be a fan. I don't know how well-known it is.
>>
>>80626378
Any idea where I can find it ? I'm looking for that one frame with succubus tempting him.
>>
>>80625814
Asgard will be the cosmic link to Earth, in case you didn't notice when they hammered it home in the past 3 movies that had Thor in it.
Strange will also supposedly bridge some of the gap.
>>
>>80625597
An immortal god who can do whatever they want with a tragic past? Sounds pretty close to me.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.