[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: overrated creators
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: grant_twitter.jpg (547 KB, 475x500) Image search: [Google]
grant_twitter.jpg
547 KB, 475x500
ITT: overrated creators
>>
>ITT: overrated opinions
>>
I don't mind him but Morrisonfags...
>I don't like Final Crisis
>your stupid, you didn't GET it! Fuck off to Marlel, drone!
>>
>>80614538
This, he has some good stuff and some bad stuff, but his fans are the fucking worst
>>
>>
>>80614491
He's certainly great writer but he has his own flaws and mistake, obvious one was how he portray Talia and Lois.
>>
>>80614573
>>80614538
I thought you were the ones making those posts since OP keeps using that picture to do pro and anti Morrison threads.
>>
>>80614633
It's the first picture on google images
>>
>>80614491
how long till some anti-SU fan come in and steal this comic related thread by posting rebbeca sugar?
>>
>>80614585
I've always thought of him as extremely average. But then again I haven't read much by him, most memorable being his X-Men and
Oh wait I just googled him and I've only read a few X-Men arcs by him, I remember downloading a volume of dmz but I guess I never got around to reading
>>
>>80614617
>how he portray Talia
Talia after Morrison bring Damian back to canon was basically portray after his own mom and make the whole story line based on his childhood life. He don't even try to hide it in the interview and of course it's a bad idea.

On a good side, DC alreadt try to fix the damaged after Morrison's run on Batman but it's gonna take a long time to make Talia being likeable again, Morrison already stomb her to the grave as a character.
>>
>>80615735
>Morrison portray Talia after his mom

Wow, that's kinda fucked-up, lol.
>>
He's definitely overrated, yeah, but only in the sense that there are people who go "he's the best writer ever! All his work is perfect!"
You can be overrated and still be a great talent
>>
>>80614491
The ones you like.
Which is the whole point of threads like these.
>>
>>80614617
>>80615735
Why are Taliafags so butthurt? He made the character interesting but you cunts would rather Talia became a lesbian antihero, JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER BATMAN FEMALE ROGUE.
Kill yourselves.
>>
>>80616040
>Why are Taliafags so butthurt?
He make her Ra's with boobs or should I say a down grade version of Nyssa? It's boring and we don't need another Ra's, dude.

>Talia became a lesbian antihero, JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER BATMAN FEMALE ROGUE.
Never want that and Talia's always a huge bitch, the thing is Morrison portray her as a wrong kind of bitch, that's about it. I'm a bit salty they made Selina a bi though, never the idea.

>Kill yourselves.
...dude.
>>
>>80616175
Nah she was always daddy's little girly with daddy's money kind of cunt and crazy obsessive stalker bitch. Read some of O'Neil stories.
>>
>>80616269
>Nah she was always daddy's little girly with daddy's money kind of cunt and crazy obsessive stalker bitch
How's that different from what I have post? Anyways, that's not what we get.
>>
>>80614538
Most people who don't like Final Crisis haven't read the exhaustive required reading list. Doing "extra work" like searching for annotations also helps.

It was also plagued by art delays, Countdown existing, and the marketing behind it. Pic related.

I still can't believe DC let Countdown's final issues, Death of the New Gods, and Final Crisis all address the same set of events different ways. Such an editorial fail. At the time especially, Secret Invasion came across as a much tighter story.
>>
>>80614538
Same shit happened to me with Interstellar.
>>
>>80616447
Exactly.
>>
>>80614538
Maybe you should just accept the fact that you like lame ass trendy shit?
>>
>>80614491
/thread
>>
I love the shit out of Morrison, but I understand his stories might not appeal to everyone, and I imagine his fanbase is probably fucking annoying at times.
>>
>>80616447
I'm a fan of Interstellar, and I'm a fan of Morrison. But if you guys don't like him, then go pat yourself on the back, it's fine by me. It's your opinion.
>>
>>80614491
He writes a damn fine Superman but he needs to be kept the fuck away from Gotham with a restraining order and a shotgun.
>>
File: Alan_Moore_%282%29[1].jpg (3 MB, 2135x2735) Image search: [Google]
Alan_Moore_%282%29[1].jpg
3 MB, 2135x2735
>Incredibly elitist
>Indirectly ruined the DCCU by creating Watchmen
>Indirectly ruined Capeshit by popularising "Superheroes can only be for adults if they are a deconstruction of the superhero gengre"
>Hates capeshit despite dipping his fingers in fucking everything
>Supports free software
>>
>>80614491
Pretty much, John and Grant is the very reason I fucked off from DC lately. Lately, These two have the same tendency to make the character break their character to fits their story and their retcon and re-retcon is just insane.
>>
>>80616388
>Most people who don't like Final Crisis haven't read the exhaustive required reading

>If you don't like it you just haven't read enough

And there it is
>>
>>80617405
>Implying Final Crisis wasn't trendy shit

It was a goddamn NYT best seller
>>
>>80616388
>exhaustive required reading list
It's only three issues (or five but Batman ones are even less essential) outside of the core series. And I read it for the first time without those extra stuff and got the story and enjoyed it just fine. Granted it was some yars after the release so the delays didn't affect my enjoyment pf it
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.