[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>MCU used to just consist of 1 or 2 movies a year >then
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 9
>MCU used to just consist of 1 or 2 movies a year
>then 2 movies consistently a year plus SHIELD during the fall/early winter
>now 3 movies, two Netflix seasons, and two ABC series taking up fall to spring a year
>soon, they'll have a summer series too

We will literally never have another MCU "dryspell" again.

BRAVO DISNEY
>>
One of the many reasons why I'm sick of this fucking world and these fucking characters and will never watch again.
>>
File: 1457512043068.jpg (214 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1457512043068.jpg
214 KB, 1600x900
>>80609552
Hue

>consistently at least three comic issues a month
>a few novels each year
>Rebels fall to spring
>one movie a year

Star Warsfags never run out of new content. All of which is canon now. Feels good.

I'm just begging Disney to stick to one movie or none a year.
>>
>>80609600
I don't get how people are already saying this when we're only in the very beginnings of the MCU still.

Give it another 10 years or so before you say this shit people.
>>
All those years of movies and tv shows and they still make a very poor job of worldbuilding. MCU lacks vision, creativity and guts.
>>
>>80609654
>We're only in the very beginnings of the MCU still.
>Iron Man 1 released 8 years ago.
>RDJ is now 50 and two movies from the end of his contract.
Okay.
>>
>>80609552
I mean, I'm an MCUfag. I've enjoyed everything out of the MCU so far on some level (some, much much less than others). And I plan to keep watching it all.

But it will reach a point where I'll just start waiting to rent (or raise the black flag) the Blu-ray. By then, what's the point in seeing the movies in theaters? If I'm starving for MCU content, I just have to turn on my TV.

Even for a superfan like me, the MCU will soon become DVR filler.
>>
>>80609600
Batman has still been in more movies than Iron Man. James Bond has been in way more movies than both.
>>
>>80609735
>only just now wrapping up all the Phase 1 trilogies
>only just now starting to transition from all the Phase 1 heroes to the Phase 2 and 3 heroes
>haven't even gotten to the big crossover movie (Infinity War) yet
>only gotten two Netflix shows out so far
>haven't even gotten to the Defenders yet

Nigga calm the fuck down. Give it five more years at least before we start saying that shit.
>>
>>80609754
Marvel just needs to grow a pair and stop making the same "good guy fights bad guy who dies at the end" film over and over. The series could last for-fucking-ever if each movie felt completely different.
>>
>>80609754
And they've been played by different actors and featured in movies that don't really connect with each other save for a trilogy or two. What's your point? Just because it's been 8 years already we have no right to complain about seeing the same people and the same characters over and over until it's been 20 years at least? Fuck that.
>>
>>80609753
Mmm, I can see myself downgrading to the same way I read comics. If there's a creative team I like doing a character I'm fond of I'll watch. Otherwise ignore.
>>
>>80609754
Bond is one every two to three years not counting recast/boot downtimes. Batman is several separate series as well.
>>
>>80609798
>Give it five more years at least before we start saying that shit.
From the time the MCU started, a teenager would have been able to start high school and start their career after finishing high school. I know you're just some worthless basement dweller so 8 wasted years (basically 1/10th of someone's life) of non-productivity is easy for you, but for most people that's been a long fucking time already.
>>
>>80609911
Correction:
>start high school and begin their career after finishing college
>>
>>80609911
Except the MCU started when I was a freshman in high school.

I never said that wasn't a long time, but 8 years still isn't much in the long-run. I know you're some worthless NEET who has to complain about everything but for most people, the MCU is fine and people are clamoring for more.
>>
>>80609552

Marvels out of it's mind if they think the MCU can keep it's popularity after Infinity War. Are you guys actually going to watch Inhumans? Because I'm sure as shit not
>>
>>80610044
>Black Panther (major black superhero headlining their own movie franchise)
>Captain Marvel (major female superhero doing the same)
>SPIDER-MAN
>Dr. Strange
They've got enough fresh material for quite awhile.
>>
>>80609990
Shouldn't you be working on your capstone or something?

Oh, wait, are you a super senior? I'm so sorry you're too ugly to sleep your way to an A-grade.
>>
>>80610044

At this point I'm actually getting more interested because we're reaching stuff I don't know much about.

I don't know diddly dick about The Inhumans beyond a very basic set of bullet points, same with Cap Marvel and Black Panther. It's the fun of the unknown.
>>
>>80610192

>Black Panther (major black superhero headlining their own movie franchise)
>Captain Marvel (major female superhero doing the same)

So Marvel has two guaranteed failures coming up ? I'm hoping Doctor Strange will be great but I'm not interested in round 3 of Spider-Man
>>
>>80609957
>Watched Iron Man near the end of elementary school.
>Watched Age of Ultron before high school graduation.
Holy shit it's been a long time.
>>
>>80610242
>>80610242
>I don't know diddly dick about The Inhumans

They're knock off Mutants. That's all you need to know
>>
>>80610192
Eh, I really think once Cap and Iron man are writtem out it's going to run out of steam. If Infinity War Part 2 is popular, it will have seen as much success as any movie franchise could reasonably expect.
>>
>>80610044
I'm looking forward to Inhumans more than any others, outside of maybe BP and that's only because I was a big fan of the Priest run.
>>
>>80610237
>I'm so sorry you're too ugly to sleep your way to an A-grade.
I'm quite handsome, thank you very much.

>>80610263
>either of those
>EVER failing
Black Panther alone already has plenty of hype based on word of mouth and his being in CW, plus the announcement of Ryan Coogler as the director. You're fooling yourself if you don't think that will do pretty well.
>>
>>80609638
I think the plan is one movie a year, and I hope it stays at that. I love Star Wars, and I'm excited for more content, but for the sake of quality I want them to limit themselves to at least that extent.

I also want the sequel trilogy to be the last one. They can do more multi-part film series if they want, I just don't want them to all tie into the Skywalkers the way all three trilogies do.
>>
>>80609723
Compare to what, the comics? Literally no other company even had the guts to try something like this, unless you count Fox's idea to spin off X-Men characters, and even that is just giving their most popular members of one franchise their own movies.
>>
>>80610318

Captain Marvel is fucked, it keeps getting pushed back and it's currently in a death slot a month out from IW part 2
>>
>>80610318
>I'm quite handsome, thank you very much.
Well now nobody will sleep with you because you're a narcissist. By the time you've set up the full-body mirrors around the room so that you can watch yourself getting fucked from every angle, the mood dies.
>>
File: Mind Is Going A Mile A Minute.gif (525 KB, 490x368) Image search: [Google]
Mind Is Going A Mile A Minute.gif
525 KB, 490x368
>>80609753
I hit that point with Antman.

I dunno, after Man of Steel's misleading as fuck marketing, I just feel burnt out on comic book movies in general.
>>
>>80610340
>Literally no other company even had the guts to try something like this,

Well, Toho.
>>
>>80610263

>guaranteed failures

It'll be fun to see people making excuses for why they succeeded when they both make bank.

It happens with any major movie that stars a minority or woman that has decent box-office, its' always "Well it was based on a franchise" or "Well the lead was a star already" or "Well nothing else was out around that time."

Then when you get a Supergirl or Catwoman its "SEE THIS IS PROOF FUCKING SJWS BTFO ITS JUST CAPITALISM" and so on. The hypocrisy is laughable.
>>
>>80610291
We'll see. Personally I'm very curious as to what they're going to do once all the big Phase 1 heroes' contracts are over.

Spider-Man alone will draw in Iron-Man numbers. I really think Black Panther will do quite well too, plus there's always the GotG sequels, Ant-Man sequels, Dr. Strange, etc.

I think by that point, they're going to try to get some of the rights from Fox back, or at least try to work out some kind of deal like they did with Spider-Man. Fox will definitely keep X-Men but maybe they'll give up the Fantastic Four.
>>
>>80610044
After Phase One I was sated. I've only watched Winter Soldier, Ant-Man and Avengers 2 since.

Will watch Civil War for Spidey, and future Spidey films, and Dr. Strange for Cumberbatch, and Infinity War of course, but I have no interest in Black Panther or Carol
>>
>>80610362
To be honest dude? I don't know why you're making this as personal as you are. Fuck off, we're talking about funny movies about silly people who dress up in silly cape costumes.

>>80610340
It's just /co/ being overly critical regarding something that they supposedly love. The MCU isn't perfect and I'm not even really a Marvelfag, but what they have done so far is, for the most part, rather impressive.

>>80610429
This exactly. Remember SW:TFA?
>>
>>80610395
Fair enough.
>>
>>80610496
>To be honest dude? I don't know why you're making this as personal as you are. Fuck off, we're talking about funny movies about silly people who dress up in silly cape costumes.
And now you're just avoiding the topic in general, making for a notion of insecurity.

All signs point to having problems with premature ejaculation. Don't worry, senpai; I've got your back.
>>
>>80610431
How many of the new characters are going to be as popular as RDJ Tony Stark? Seems like one of those lightning in a bottle things to me. Spider-Man is one thing I did forget though, for some reason he is popular as fuck.
>>
>>80610496
Good box office doesn't make TFA a good film or a good Star Wars film. Mediocre it was.
>>
>>80610429
>when they both make bank.

They will do Ant-Man numbers. Successful but Marvels massive billion dollar days are done outside of Spider-Man when IW is wrapped up
>>
>>80610543
Holland better have that magic since he's going to be one of the new main faces. Him and Cumberbatch since RDJ and Evans are leaving.
>>
>>80610541
>senpai
Oh, shit, I thought they got rid of the word filters.

My bad.
>>
>>80610543

I don't trust the kid they have to carry Spider-Man
>>
>>80610550
That was a good example of what he was talking about, good job
>>
>>80610541
I stated my opinion. You got all bitchy over it. The fuck dude? I sincerely doubt your ability to have a normal conversation without getting all pissy at people for no reason, sperg.

>>80610543
Black Panther, possibly. There's been a lot of buzz regarding his performance, then let's not forget Guardians of the Galaxy, which casuals LOVED. They've done it before and they can do it again.

>>80610550
Changing the goalposts now, are we? I was referring to box office numbers, I thought you were too. I'm not referring to quality of the movies themselves, which by the way, you'd be wrong about anyway since BP, by all rights, sounds good so far just going from what we know about Boseman's performance as T'challa, plus the fact that Ryan Coogler is on the movie. We have more reason to believe that it'll be actually good than not. With Captain Marvel, it's way too early to say anything considering they haven't said much about it already.
>>
>>80610550

We weren't talking about quality though. TFA starred a black guy, a Guatemalan guy and a woman and made huge numbers, but that was dismissed as "Well it's Star Wars so of course it made money."

I'm not saying every movie starring a black guy or a woman is good, but saying that the Resident Evil or Underworld movies
are somehow invalidated because of extenuating circumstances is retarded. People are willing to watch action movies that star minorities, no one gives a shit anymore.

>>80610569

>They will do Ant-Man numbers

Sure, but that won't make them failures. Even the biggest MCUhead can't think they're going to do IM3 numbers.

And if they're good and the fans like them, the sequels will do better. This is the nature of filmmaking.
>>
>>80610656
>I thought you were too

He's a different guy that started talking for me for some reason. I was talking Box Office. I just don't see Marvel keeping it's current popularity
>>
File: image_HbIYJz5.jpg (60 KB, 638x631) Image search: [Google]
image_HbIYJz5.jpg
60 KB, 638x631
>>80610615
The other two guys had doubters and they were fine. He'll be fine.
>>
>>80610674

>Sure, but that won't make them failures.

I know. The next sentence literally starts with "Successful"
>>
>>80610656
>I stated my opinion. You got all bitchy over it. The fuck dude? I sincerely doubt your ability to have a normal conversation without getting all pissy at people for no reason, sperg.
And now you're slinging insults at me? That hurts, man. I thought we were friends.
>>
>>80610674

>And if they're good and the fans like them, the sequels will do better.

Like Avengers?
>>
>>80610700

Garfield didn't do fine and (I know I'm in the minority) I didn't care for Toby. He's always looked like a panty sniffing pervert to me
>>
>>80610737

I was honestly surprised by that one. The last time I remember a big, glossy franchise movie sequel made less then the first movie was Star Trek Into Darkness, which Iike parts of but even I can admit had crippling problems and obvious director/producer struggles plastered all over the film.

Age of Ultron making less then the first was odd. Even if you didn't like it I don't think anyone would but it on the same level as Into Darkness.
>>
>>80610691
My bad. It did seem like you were talking box office.

I think EVENTUALLY, the MCU will slowly fizzle and die off due to its growing convoluted plotlines, A-list stars leaving, the quality of the movies themselves becoming worse, etc., as all movie franchises do. But that won't be for another 10 years, at the earliest.

But for now, they are fine. There is no way the MCU train just halts now, so quickly. RDJ, Hemsworth, and Evans may leave (only returning in smaller cameos here and there maybe), but others will spring up in their place. We already have Chris Pratt as Star-Lord. We're getting Cumberbatch as Dr. Strange, Tom Holland as Spider-Man, Boseman's T'Challa, and so on.

They're going to be fine for the time being.

There is that big elephant in the room of, "What the hell are they going to do when Evans, RDJ, etc. leave?" but it won't be absolutely devastating like people are pretending it will be.
>>
>>80610583
I thought Evans said he'd be up to stay as Cap after the great experience he had filming WS. Did anything change?
>>
>>80609552
>now 3 movies
I'm guessing a lot of phase 3 is going to get pushed around.

I wouldn't be surprised if Captain Marvel and Inhumans were outright canceled.
>>
>>80610737
Avengers was a game charger. I don't think a lot of people thought AoU would do as much seeing as how you can't the same trick twice.
>>
>>80610883
Captain Marvel won't get cancelled. It might go through development hell, might go through a troubled development and all, but they'll go through it just because they feel like they have to, since it's basically all they have for a big female-lead superhero movie, and they'll feel like they need to compete with DC with their Wonder Woman movie too.

Inhumans won't be cancelled either since Marvel has been pushing them specifically because of the MCU and they need the Inhumans as basically their stand-in for mutants.
>>
SHIELD may as well count as a dry spell since 1) it sucks and 2) it may as well not be canon.
>>
>>80610952

>seeing as how you can't the same trick twice.

TFA
>>
>>80611029
Shield is better than Jessica Jones.
>>
>>80611029

SHIELD is perfectly entertaining.

>non-canon

Oh goddamnit who gives a shit. Agent Carter has nothing to do with what's going on in the current movies, does that make it bad too?
>>
>>80609723

The goal was to make a shared movie universe similar to comic book universe. Quality was never a top priority
>>
>>80610700
What's with the 90's middle part he's rocking? I know Peter had one in Ultimate Spider-Man but it still looks lame as fuck.
>>
>>80611083
Biker gang from season 1 will be in Daredevil.

Coulson built hellicarrier Fury used in AoU. Shield is canon.
>>
>>80611167
>Coulson built hellicarrier Fury used in AoU. Shield is canon.

That's so stupid, they're just using some fucking boring show no one watches to do the boring plot shit they don't want to explain in the movies.
>>
>>80611250
Samuel L. Jackson was warning you.

Besides, watching any episodes of Shield is much more fun than watching any of the Avengers movies.
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 480x360
>>80609638
>you will live to see Star Wars franchise fatigue set in
>>
wwhat do you faggkits own stock or sumfin?
>>
How do comic fans
Where you several comics monthly
Get tired of watching a movie every few months
>>
>>80610044
I'm very much looking forward to Inhumans, Black Panther and Captain Marvel? Not so much.
>>
File: fire_community.gif (961 KB, 245x250) Image search: [Google]
fire_community.gif
961 KB, 245x250
>>80609654
> 10 years
Fuck, I don't know if I can take that much. At that point, it'd pretty much just be background static. Or the cape genre would take over the world and we'd have restaurants like the one in Kingdom Come. Which is a plus.
>>
>>80609638
Too bad pretty much everything Star Wars has been shit since 1999 short of a few video games
>>
>>80610044
if AoS inhumans are not mention in this movie im moving to DC
>>
>>80611374
Better than Age of Ultron for damn sure

Could Agent May beat up Black Widow? Could she be an Avenger?
>>
>>80610982
>Inhumans won't be cancelled either since Marvel has been pushing them specifically because of the MCU and they need the Inhumans as basically their stand-in for mutants.
Your first point I buy, but I don't know if they actually need an answer to mutants, in the MCU. If there are more potentially valuable sequels to make of Some phase 3 movies, like Black Panther or Doctor Strange, and the Inhumans still don't seem to be catching on, I wouldn't put it past them to quietly shelve that one.
>>
>>80611167
>Biker gang from season 1 will be in Daredevil.
Source?
>>
>>80613815
>>80611167

The biker gang that Enchantress took over?
>>
>>80609552
Something that people aren't really considering is the competition. There is the real prospect that Black Panther or Captain Marvel could go up against Deadpool 2 or Ben Afflecks Batman film. The MCU will move to the Black Panthers and Captain Marvels while DC is on its Batmans and Wonder Woman's and Fox is putting Deadpool in everything I mean Marvels first female solo will ring hollow because Wonder Woman will be in production on her second film by the time Captain Marvel comes out. I'm excited for Inhumans (because I know pretty much nothing about them and Black Bolt sounds pretty cool) and Spider-Man because it's based on Ultimate Spider-Man (which I read growing up).
>>
>>80611083
The whole point of this thread is that these things are tied together by canon, you idiot, so everyone posting here should care
>>
File: only-the-dead-can-know-peace.jpg (37 KB, 305x356) Image search: [Google]
only-the-dead-can-know-peace.jpg
37 KB, 305x356
>>80609552
>superhero movies go from making the most money to making good money and becomes just like any other blockbuster movie
>star wars on the rise and gets more movies and their expanded universe starts raking in massive money
>marvel gets told by disney to move more of their top writers and artists to working on star wars titles rather than superheroes
>disney starts seeing that superhero movies aren't making as much as they used to
>end of phase 3
>no announced movies for phase 4
>marvel studios becomes disney studios (or something)
>marvel comics becomes disney comics
>only a handful of cape comics are still being published
>all written by bendis
>drawn by ramos and land
>>
>>80609802
this is what DC is trying to do
>>
Ok so we're getting 3 Marvel movies from next year, I assume we're getting 3 Netflix series this year (DD S2, JJ S2 and Luke Cage) and some TV shows I don't care about. How long until we get 4 MCU movies per year? How long until we get 2 Star Wars movies per year?
>>
>>80614421

I seriously doubt they will be do Jessica Jones season 2 this year
>>
>>80610044
I sure as shit am
>>
>>80613738
>moving to DC
You now realize the neckbeards in here unironically choose over which franchise to see.
>>
>>80613738
better start packing
>>
File: 1409385925050.png (89 KB, 297x321) Image search: [Google]
1409385925050.png
89 KB, 297x321
>>80609552
I no longer think of the MCU as movies. I look at them like they're brand new episodes in an ongoing television series being shown in theaters.
>>
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 800x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 800x400
>>80616320
Thing is, they really feel like that though. One of the things that really bugs me about the MCU movies is that they just don't feel big enough to warrant me purchasing a ticket when I can check it out later for free or rent it cheap.

MoS, especially with the final fight, felt BIG. BvS feels REALLY BIG. Suicide Squad from the cast alone as well as a new Joker and Harley feels BIG. Deadpool, even just from a novelty concept, felt BIG. Apocalypse I'm not really feeling, but it seems big as the third in a trilogy and possible capstone to X-Men films as we knew them.

Big movies make me want to go to the theatre for the spectacle, since really that's the only thing worth going to the theatre for nowadays. The first Avengers felt BIG since it was the first time you'd see everyone together. But every time before and since it's basically a two hour series episode that I'm paying $15 for. The situation gets to me these days when I'm looking a group of people running at each other in a parking lot during every Civil War commercial.

At this point, I'm more inclined to pick and choose since there's a ton of tie-ins. And right now I generally choose to just watch the Netflix stuff since it comes with free my sub and it's far more entertaining than the other material.
>>
>>80609552
Not quite outgrowing capeshit. Still remember Marvel as a once positive thing in my childhood.

I'm looking forward to GotG2. That's it.

Didn't see Ultron or antman, not going to see Civil War. Marvel is only getting my money for non formula franchises.

Also, Capt Marvel is getting overexposed. I just don't see a Danvers storyline that would made a decent movie.
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.