[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just got back from seeing it. It was pretty good. It was nowhere
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3
File: 5345643.jpg (264 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
5345643.jpg
264 KB, 1920x1080
Just got back from seeing it. It was pretty good. It was nowhere near as good as the other 2 but still enjoyable. What did you guys think?

Also: Where do they go from here? Checking the Wiki page apparently Dreamworks has said that there's going to be 3 more sequels. Who is the next antagonist going to be? They went full supernatural and I'm not sure if there's anyone they can field that would be a threat at this point since Po is one with the universe Kung Fu Chi master.
>>
Hard to imagine where they will go. Po has basically grown up now.
>>
It was pretty but worse than 2. Kinda hard to make a compelling villain that can compare to Shen. The whole panda village thing was shit too.
>>
>>80605617

I hate to say it because I love J.K. Simmons but compared to Tai Lung and Shen his character fell completely flat for me.
>>
>>80605475
I guess Po maxed ou I don´t know where to go from there, he is literally oogway tier now.

there will be more movies though so who knows.
>>
A lot of people forget that part about KFP having 6 movies was something katzenberg threw off mid-conversation years ago; He also said there'd be seven Shrek sequel and five Madagascar ones, which didn't happen as Shrek ended with the fourth and Madagascar with the third.

While they do sometimes repeat mistakes, Dreamworks have become much wiser when it comes to making sequels and don't just announce twenty of em right away.

There may be still a chance there'd be a next movie but I doubt it's happening anytime soon.
>>
I just want to see more of the FF. We barely got to see them at all in this movie.
>>
>>80605475
I saw it recently too, I really liked it.

but I guess only me and OP want to talk about it, well shit.

don´t worry OP, we can both talk about the movie in an intimate lonely conversation.

I am just curious now, the series take a dramatic shift from there.

there is no more jade palace, the new palace is now in the panda village where Po is the current teacher and Shifu is whatever Oogway was doing when he was alive, I guess the Valley of Peace is done too.

new recurring characters like MeiMei and Po´s other father, I like how strong meimei is, she is almost master level with near to no formal training.

Master Tigress now will exercize her maternal side a fucking lot more, which has always been 2 qt 4 me.

they still under utilize Crane, Mantis, Viper and Monkey which is shit, in the show they get some moments that really makes the different sides of their personalities shine.

Po´s powerlevel just became ridiculous, we are near dbz level bullshit now.

I think there might be some new episodes of the show based on the new post 3 world, even though Po as a student is much more funny than as a teacher, I think there is still room to go "somewhere"
>>
I want to start a betting pool. In the next film, will Mantis actually be useful or will they contrive another excuse to take him out of the plot half way in?
>>
>>80608918
He's the strongest one, so they need to nerf him first.
>>
>>80608134
>implying Shrek is done

Po's journey as a teacher has still just started, I think what's really holding the series back now is the PG kids vibe (not saying they should stop the one thing that's selling the movie), because as far as storytelling goes the more interesting routes to take now are routes where Po starts to fail.
>Po gets his own Tai Lung/kylo ren archetype as a student
>Po travels the world beyond the east
>Po is framed, imprisoned for something he hasn't done, perfect vehicle to make the furious five relevant again and just prevent Po from sweeping

And as far as difficulty goes, by the fourth movie it was going to be hard to establish Po as "that goofy guy that has no chance to stop the bad guy but can learn to beat him through the power of BLANK", so now Po should make mistakes or go outside of his comfort zone.
>>
File: KFP Villains.png (2 MB, 4808x1016) Image search: [Google]
KFP Villains.png
2 MB, 4808x1016
>>80605475
I have my own theories on the future of KFP.
>>
>>80608918
He was useful in the first when he held up the whole bridge by himself and in the second when he unlocked everyone's restraints.
>>
>>80605475
>Also: Where do they go from here?
Why not cut it off at three movies?
>>
File: tumblr_lzh72mbN541r296bco1_1280.jpg (260 KB, 620x465) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lzh72mbN541r296bco1_1280.jpg
260 KB, 620x465
>>80605475
I liked Kai's musical score, but I wish he were more established. He didn't have a relic in the hall of relics that they could have referenced, or maybe see a scroll that has his mark in the second movie (which could've been the scroll for the third movie). He just comes out of nowhere, and we don't know his deal.

Which sucks because he seemed like he could be fun with a little more depth. They could've also done the four arm thing if they wanted him full spiritual; would've made his fights cooler.

No idea where it goes from here. Maybe a Journey Into the West thing with Po looking for not-Tibet to try to find enlightenment. Or fighting not-Mongolian archers.
>>
>>80605475
I don't know, but surely they'll have to shake things up somehow. The same panda can't reach enlightenment a fourth time, can he?
>>
>>80605475
The movie is just good, which is disappointing, because the movie could've been great. They had great designs and good ideas, but dreamworks didnt put the effort to make it great.

one example of this is the big baddie Kai, who has a very cool and badass design, but the character wasnt used very well. He didn't have any cool techniques for someone who gathered a great amount of power, and his weapons were krato's blades for fuck sake, he neve could've used them properly because its a PG13 movie, if they gave him a ball and chain as a weapon would be way better.
>>
>>80612905
Wasn't that the point? I thought he was nearly erased from history.
>>
>>80615295
He sure can, and it'll be mentioned in the beginning so you know it's coming.
>>
>>80605475
It was mediocre.

1 > 2 > 3
>>
>>80605475
First movie
>This is who I am
Second movie
>No, THIS is who I am
Third movie
>Ooooooooh, so THIS is who I actually am

How many times can you do the same shit goddamn
>>
So Tai Lung is in the spirit realm right? What if he made a return?
>>
>>80605475
>What did you guys think?

Pretty much this:
>It was nowhere near as good as the other 2 but still enjoyable.
>>
I know the series always had a level of magic and shit, but this one took it too far. I had to try not to cringe when he became a fucking spirit dragon.

Also since apparently the finger hold takes you to the spirit realm, tai lung shouldve made a cameo
>>
>>53411509
>just got back from seeing it
>waiting for dubs
>>
>>80616475
>Also since apparently the finger hold takes you to the spirit realm, tai lung shouldve made a cameo

I was kind of drunk when I watched it so help me remember. Is going to the spirit realm the same is dying? Like is that just where people go when they die? If so why did Oogway need to transcend? He could have just killed himself. Also it means Po can literally come back from the dead if he wants. Or maybe I'm wrong and ordinary dead people go elsewhere?
>>
Since the movies love their wuxia cliches, something like a dark dojo of trained kung-fu assassins might work. Even Po can't defeat 5 highly disciplined warriors at once. It would also be a good chance to examine his role as master of the Furious Five, since KFP3 only touched upon it.

Then again, that would require giving the Furious Five screentime, so that's probably not a realistic idea.
>>
>>80616649
You mean except for Tigress. It's like the others don't have more than five lines in the entire movie.
>>
>>80616563
The spirit world is where dead people go, yes. It just takes a ridiculous amount of Chi to come and go from there at will. It too Kai thousands of years of gathering Chi to do it and Po only managed to do it by using the village's Chi.

The movie also suggested that there's a distinction between dying and just going to/from the spirit world. When you die, you become a spirit and get transported there. If you just enter without dying, you don't become a spirit. If you force your way out after dying, you're still a spirit.
>>
>>80616563

Who the fuck knows. Whether that was a general afterlife or a special kung fu dimension, there is no solid proof either way.
>>
>>80616720
>The movie also suggested that there's a distinction between dying and just going to/from the spirit world. When you die, you become a spirit and get transported there. If you just enter without dying, you don't become a spirit

>Travel to the spirit world without dying
>Find a bunch of ghosts
>Start jacking off in front of them
>HAHA BET YOU MISS THIS DONTCHA
>They all glance sadly at their ghostly tails where their dicks used to be
>HAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>80616475
>I know the series always had a level of magic and shit, but this one took it too far

Agreed. It's getting ridiculous.
>>
>>80616184
Second movie isn't canon. Notice how they completely ignored any of the events in it? You know, like the Panda USING FUCKING CHI.

So its
>Who am I
>Where did I come from
Next film will likely be
>What do I do now
Then
>Am I still needed
Leading too
>Time to leave/'die' and join turtlebro in spirit world.

There, next three films.
>>
>>80616976
>Second movie isn't canon

The hell it isn't.
>>
I'm tired of Po. And since the series is called Kung Fu Panda and they aren't like to shift focus from him in any future films I doubt I'll be watching them.
>>
>>80616976
I don't see how Chi somehow ignores the events of the second movie.

Also, they blatantly play a clip from the 2nd movie within the 3rd.

"not canon", yeah sure kid.
>>
so, the village in the valley of peace is gone forever right?
>>
>>80610488
>po vs. getter rays
>>
>>80617085
He can have a kid and shift to focus to that.
What better way to continue your journey as a teacher than to become a father, too.
>>
It's out? Fuck, I'm so out of the loop.
>>
>>80622128
Yeah, since domestic profits had gone down yet international profits had gone up to compensate and then some, they figured it'd be best to release it for Chinese New Year.
Which has the bonus of being late enough to avoid competing with Star Wars and early enough to avoid competing with Zootopia.
>>
>>80622386
Isn't Zootopia already out too?
>>
The spirit world thing was kinda weird.
It looked beautiful but damn I feel like it went on too goddamn long.
>>
>>80616976

Did you miss the part where they showed the flashback with Po's mom and Shen?
>>
>>80608143
Maybe they can get a spinoff movie.
Side character spinoff movies are a thing dreamworks has done a couple of times.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.