[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are all the new X-Men books terrible?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6
File: 55940417dcb5c.jpg (293 KB, 618x954) Image search: [Google]
55940417dcb5c.jpg
293 KB, 618x954
Why are all the new X-Men books terrible?
>>
>>80581373
marvel hates the x men and want to get rid of them but too many people like them so they can't
>>
File: sad bb.png (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
sad bb.png
1 MB, 2560x1440
I don't know
>>
>>80581444
Their strategy is to get people to hate the x-men, and ruin them forever, they got Bendis and Hopeless on the job. Bendis has been successful, I refuse to recognize his run as canon.

Meanwhile they are pushing the inhumans, why else would they get Warren Ellis on a fucking inhuman book, Marvel knows exactly what they are doing.

The joke is on them though, I don't buy Marvel
>>
>>80581546
but they got lemire on an x book
>>
How is EXM terrible? People told me many times that moment we have book without Hitlerclops and Storm as leader, it'll be best book ever.
>>
>>80581573
Have you actually read Lemire's TT: Earth 1 or JLU? Both were awful. I'm sure Marvel did and thought this guy is perfect.
>>
>>80581679
lemire is one of the best writers out there right now, those books were fine
>>
>>80581573
Lemire is fucking shit at team books

he's said so himself

>>80581650
Storm is basically doing what Cyke did but getting praised for it instead

its shit

the only readable X book is Uncanny, and fucking Land is doing the art for it
>>
>>80581701
Lemire isn't best, he's very good and very competent. His team books are trash though.
>>
>>80581650
Who fucking told you that?

You were lied to.
>>
>>80581708
>he's said so himself
Source? I do agree though, his team books are shit.
>>
>>80581756
This. Bloodshot Reborn is probably one of my favorite ongoings right now, and the man's image & other creator owned stuff is great.

Basically the dude can do fine genre fiction and solo stuff but just falls apart when doing an ensemble cast.
>>
>>80581373

because mutie teams have been pushed into the fringes of the MU and not in the good way

we literally have little idea of what happened during the 8 month skip so we see get these comics that talk vaguely about something that happened off-panel, with half of the senior xmen not even in them at all, and no good stories being told

and by "good" i mean that no stories that help us bridge what happened in the 8 month skip are being developed, or char-driven arcs, or even something with really good characterization or outstanding art

mutie book arent marvel's priority
>>
>>80581756
Lemire is definitely one of the best creators in comics. Everything he does is top notch. Especially his indie work
>>
>>80581786
>"I haven't had a lot of success so far [with team books]," he explains. "The stuff I've had the most success with so far has been solo character titles like Animal Man, Green Arrow and Hawkeye, where I can drill down on one character and really tell one story. I've done a couple of team books with DC that were really mediocre. I tried, but they're tough."

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/68203/20150711/jeff-lemire-interview.htm

>>80581828
He wrote a damn good Green Arrow but best is stretching it. JLU was aimless shit.
>>
>>80581708
>Storm is basically doing what Cyke did but getting praised for it instead
Stormfags and anti-Right squad say it's OK because muggas are Decimated again. See, it's fine to do whatever you want, unless you're Rightclops.
>>80581759
Yah, I know. I was more sarcastic.
>muh character growth is stolen by Meanclops!
>everyone is playing second fiddle to him!
>Marvel pushes him and he has no fans!
>>
>>80581828
>Everything he does is top notch.
Don't lie you whore. His team books are abysmal and even his DC stuff isn't as great as his creator owned.
>>
Uncanny's only flaw is Land's art, and he's off it after the first arc. Bunn has proven he does well with antiheroic team dynamics alongside singular stuff with Magneto and Sinestro,
>>
>>80581955
His marvel/dc stuff is great and indie stuff is some of the best of the past decade
>>
>>80581807
Analog Man is awesome. Shadowmen raiders, legion of Manowar, Ninjak being old and dick... glory, I say.
>>80581907
>JLU was aimless shit.
Book was killed when Legion came. Parker's idea was cool, have couple of core members and rest is rotating cast that doesn't see much page time in other comics.
>>
File: awww cmon man.jpg (18 KB, 291x343) Image search: [Google]
awww cmon man.jpg
18 KB, 291x343
But I like All-New X-Men...
>>
>>80582046
Why?
>>
>>80582081
Because I love Teen Scott and I'll eat up anything with him in it.
>>
>>80582046
That one can be salvageable still if they fix x23. At least it has a nice cast.
>>
File: 1441744444121.jpg (61 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1441744444121.jpg
61 KB, 1280x720
>>80582046
>>80582145
>>
>>80581997
What has he written over at Marvel that would classify "great?" Hawkeye is bleh, OML is fucking basic pleb shit albeit enjoyable and EXM is atrocious. His DC work that isn't team book is good but not his creator owned good.
>>
>>80582215
Hawkeye is amazing and Animal Man/Green Arrow are classic runs now
>>
>>80582046

It maybe get good.

Its been a few issues now and we still dont know why they split with teen jean, we is apocalypse and hidie hanging out with them even if they are basically in their own private little world, and why are they running around "unsupervised".
>>
>>80582240
>Animal Man/Green Arrow
Spoken like a true pleb who never read any "classic" run.
>>
>>80582207
What?
Teen Scott I feel has been written pretty well despite all the Bendis fuckery.
It seems like a fresh start for Cyclops' image. For years, he's been seen as the no-fun boy scout who's only famous for his JEAAAANNN.

Now he seems a bit more independent and his romantic relationships can be opened up besides the typical Jean or Emma.
He seems like he's going through a rebellious phase, if that makes sense, trying not to end up like his older self the same way a son doesn't want to end up like their dad.
Except this rebellious phase doesn't end up with having his father figure and mentor dead by Cyclops' own hands.
>>
>>80581982
No it was also flawed with Magneto insanely threatening to hurt the innocent mutants who only wanted to be kept safe until the threat of the mist had past.
>>
>>80582357
He's just jelly because he has to fight while they are bribing their way to better life.
>>
>>80582272
Kid Apocalypse and Idie do seem a bit out of place.

I thought they explained that Teen Jean split off from the X-Men for good in the beginning of EXM because what Cyclops did and she just wanted muh normal life.
>>
>>80582393
She she goes to fuck Purifier wannabe.
>>
>>80582393
>she just wanted muh normal life.

She just joined another, worse xmen team tho
>>
I like OML, though I'm sure that I wouldn't enjoy it as much if it wasn't for Sorrentino's art.
>>
>>80582489
Well yeah, of course they needed a Jean on the main xmen team.
But I'm glad they did. The whole Beast/Jean/Scott love triangle was retarded and it was one of the biggest flaws in my opinion of the Bendis' run since it seemed to just come out of nowhere.
>>
>>80582371
Its like theatening to kill homeless people for spending a few nights at a shelter during a hailstorm instead of taking the glass shattering balls to the face like a man.
>>
>>80582560
bendis is retarded and has systematically destroyed voth xmen and gotg. Why would you single this out?
>>
>>80581373
Its just kinda directionless atm. Marvel seem keen to push them into the Marvel universe more but they aren't going to that at the expense of the Avengers. So instead they are currently what amounts to a subplot in the inhumans storyline. Cyclops did something very horrible that is so bad yet somehow it has only been brought up once in passing in a inhumans book. Its corporate synergy but in the most lazy fucken way ever. And desu its a little misguided cause try as they might X-men will always have brand recognition even when they are doing shit the top x-men books will always sell 50,000. Inhumans will never sell that well consistently..
>>
>>80581573
And his Extraordinary is shit. For it being the flagship, it's literally the worst of the current X-Books
>>
>>80582597
Because it was the most annoying aspect of his entire run in my personal opinion.
>>
Half of these arguments are completely baseless.

WTF fanboys? JUST READ A BOOK !!!

> Durp. I don't even read Mawvul but I can shit on all the writing I've never even seen!
> Storm is just doing what Cyclops did before her, and that's the same hard job she took over from him, so there's no reason to write her as troubled with leadership too. She's no Rightclops!
> Rawwwgh! I hate all this drama! And the Mutieboo is hooking up with the wrong person for them, can't they see tha tru luv infronna them?
> Bendis. Mwah! I don' wan'it!
>>
>>80583015
>the Mutieboo is hooking up with the wrong person for them, can't they see tha tru luv infronna them?

Literally no one brought this up.
>>
>>80581546
warren always picks d-listers
>>
>>80581373
X-books have been shit for decades and x-fans have been bitching for even longer than that. Every book good or bad is riddled with editorial meddling but retards pretend it doesn't exist until it does something they don't like. Also x-fans have their head so far up their asses that they believe a x-book can only be bad when it is sabotaged.
>>
>>80583527
You forgot about "writer Y isn't writing my favorite character Z but he writers character G! I hate character G, he's worst!".
>Utopia Uncanny X-Men is awesome
>people bitch because it sabotages EVERYONE and pushes Scott and Emma
>and we all know Scott and Emma have no fans
>>
File: JUL152269-Te-Amo.jpg (64 KB, 375x346) Image search: [Google]
JUL152269-Te-Amo.jpg
64 KB, 375x346
>>80583235
That's the one that was got wrong?
Well then, as long as you say there are no complaints about luv triangle conversations...

OMG! Poor Littleclops had his heart broke five times over by Jeanie so far, maybe he should start aiming for a Stepford Cuckoos foursome, you think?
And Jeanie's off hypno-perving an OldMan into taking the jailbait. Does he have the will to resist?
And the Snowballs aren't gaying it up yet, is Bobby going to be as much a loser with the boys as with the girls?
Inquiring anons want to know!
>>
>>80583527
Thats not really true. Gillens uncanny x men was good and Uncanny X forcr was also good. Fraction had some issues but was still solid. At least it felt like there was a cohesive plot and things happebed rather then just have the characters complain a lot all the time.
>>
>>80583621
Chill out, Phoenix Egg.
>>
>>80583633
that's just the main books. If you take the side line titles into account, the 2000s were a pretty good decade for X-books. That anon has clearly no idea what he's talking about.
>>
File: modern x-men.png (189 KB, 368x475) Image search: [Google]
modern x-men.png
189 KB, 368x475
>>
>>80583952
Ha.
>>
>>80583647
Again I say this: Not the 'egg here. Do I really have to namefag in every X-thread post just to avoid accusations of being that other namefag?
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.