[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck went wrong here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: brave-wallpaper-merida.jpg (655 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
brave-wallpaper-merida.jpg
655 KB, 1920x1200
What the fuck went wrong here?
>>
They booted off the original director and replaced her with a guy who didn't know what kind of story he wanted to tell, so we got a mish-mash of ideas that didn't mesh.
>>
we got country bears
>>
File: 194ejrsupsajijpg.jpg (166 KB, 800x1142) Image search: [Google]
194ejrsupsajijpg.jpg
166 KB, 800x1142
Better question, what the fuck went wrong here?
Zootopia and Wreck-it Ralph are two years when Disney rekt Pixar savagely.
>>
>>80574949
Same thing:
>>80574666
>>
>>80574610
Merida was a sociopath, the director changed halfway, story was a mess.

>>80574949
Pixar spent their time going white water rafting so they could figure out epic new water effects, forgot to spend any time in the writing room. Poor timing had it being an ultra cartoony dinosaur movie released in the same year as Jurassic World so any kids that were into dinosaurs already had their fix.
>>
>>80574610
>>80574949
People always say Cars and Monsters University are the shit films, but those were actually all decent.

Brave marked the real decline, and Good Dinosaur just cemented it.
>>
Honestly, there were no lessons learnt from her turning her mother in a bear, the witch fucked off early on and felt a bit of a plot hole. She is never called out on being such snot nosed cry baby or anything of the sort.
>>
>>80575035
I honestly think the at least oart problem is that Pixar is too concerned with their artistry to tell a good story. With Brave they were going "look at thee sweet hair and fur effects!" and with Good Dinosaur it was "Look at how realistic this water is!"
>>
File: image.jpg (193 KB, 833x1179) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
193 KB, 833x1179
They made a decent movie that did a great job at putting forward their technical advances but lacked I'm anything that could make it a notable or great movie. Because it landed immediately after a series of pretty decent Pixar movies everyone saw it as a compressed shit brick of a film solely because it lacked any "hooks".

It really was a good movie, not great, but good. If you take a step back and compare it to most/every movie released during that seasonal slot it really stands miles above the regulars.

It wasn't bad. Just because it wasn't great or because it didn't add to anyone's childhood doesn't mean people should be shitting on it like it was a rape-baby produced by Pixar.
>>
they made a movie about a shitty brat that would poison her own mom
>>
>>80574610
It wasn't that bad IMO but yes, it had a lot of problems.
the witch was the worst part
>>
Was semi original and interesting til mother became a bear. After that a two year old could see through that plot
>>
They took a story that was meant to be about a mother and daughter bonding and turned it into a wacky medieval Scottish take on Freaky Friday with bears.
>>
>>80575035
No people say Cars 2 was a shit film.

Cars is just okay
>>
>>80575570
Car was a giant toy ad.
People expected a lot better from Pixar.
>>
>>80575035
>Monsters University
>Shit
Who says this? Liars?
>>
>>80574610
the protagonist was an unlikable cunt and the story went nowhere

>"Witch, my mother wont allow me choice in my life. Give me something to change that."
>"I can take away all choice in her life."
>"SOUNDS PERFECT"

and then the rest of the movie was bear mother shenanigans.
>>
>>80575570
Even Cars 2 wasn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be.
>>
a painfully boring 2nd act and a very weak climax
>>
>>80575798
my problem with Cars 2 is that Lightning is suddenly a jerk to Mater and doesn't believe a word he says when they are supposed to be such good friends.
>>
>>80574610
people started badmouthing anime style, so western artists went full down syndrome on their designs
>>
>>80575636
You haven't heard?

/co/'s latest thing is hating on Monsters U for some reason.
>>
>>80576928
Brave's designs were one of it's only good parts.
>>
>>80574666
yeah, pretty much this
>>
>>80575014
>Merida was a sociopath

That was precisely the point, it was to imprint little girls in key age ranges with emotional imprinting.

Nothing "went wrong," everything unfolded according to plan. If you didn't like the movie, you weren't it's target audience either, were you?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.