[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any alternative universe comics where Batman loses
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7
File: pzhjpvlyjzc9y91qcbl5.jpg (303 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
pzhjpvlyjzc9y91qcbl5.jpg
303 KB, 1680x1050
Are there any alternative universe comics where Batman loses his shit and forgets about the whole ''no killing'' thing and starts to clean up the Gotham (killing his villains)?
>>
>>80567110
There's the Justice League 2-parter, A Better World that's kind of like that. Instead of killing them though, he just has Superman lobotomize criminals with his heat vision.
>>
http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Bruce_Wayne_%28Earth-51%29

please anon use the fucking wiki ....
>>
Yeah its called "The Punisher"
>>
>>80567110
In Beware the Batman he lost his shit and started brutally beating Killer Croc. He would've actually killed him if Katana hadn't interfered.
>>
>>80567110
>Hurr batman not killing is so stupid
>If I were a hero I would kill everyone!
Why are retards so fucking obsessed with this?
>>
>>80568431
Because they don't get that the thing that makes a hero a hero is morality.
>>
>>80567177
>Batman kills all the super villains, Earth prospers, all the super heroes retire
Remind me why this is a bad thing?
>>
>>80567110
Yes. It's called the Golden Age.
>>
>>80568431
They think super heroic vigilantes should be judge, jury, and executioner instead of super cops
>>
>>80568431
These people talk tough, but if these people were holding a gun to the head of a bank robber, they probably wouldn't be able to pull the trigger.
>>
>>80567110
In Crimson Mist he's a vampire and kills pretty much all of his villains. Also this
>>80567177
>>
>>80568431
Because they are edgy kids who can't into abstract concepts of like justice permeating society and making the world a better place in the long run.
>>
>>80569014
What if I pull the trigger by accident? Does that count?
I'm really clumsy
>>
>>80568864
Earth-51 ends up destroyed because alien shit came and neither Kill-street-crime-man nor all those fat, lazy retired supers were ready for it.
>>
>>80568864
That's unfair, Superman would have turned into an evil dictator or some shit.
>>
File: scan0001.jpg (135 KB, 526x799) Image search: [Google]
scan0001.jpg
135 KB, 526x799
>>80567110
There's several.

Also in the Countdown series they found a world where he killed every villain, so there were literally no villains or supervillains, and even regular crime was down.

No one knew who Batman was, either, cause he did it all in secret.
>>
>>80569206
>>80569193
>>
>>80567177
Yes because there are more pressing matters to discuss on /co/...
>>
>>80569157
you were still holding a gun to a person's head when you knew you were clumsy
>>
>>80569193
So what, you are saying that Earth needs to be a shitty super villain infested hell hole in order to fend off bigger threats? Like some kind of immune system strengthening itself with minor infections?

By that logic Earth should be as awful as possible and be nothing but a super human battle royal around the clock.
>>
>>80569245
OP's question was answered you faggot, a quick search answered it
>>
>>80569298
Naw, main Earth proves that a little light supervillainy is sufficient as Darkseid Readiness training.
>>
File: Zatanna-51.jpg (65 KB, 623x620) Image search: [Google]
Zatanna-51.jpg
65 KB, 623x620
>>80569298
Enjoy your perfect utopia then, free of any consequences. Oh wait, you can't, it's gone, if only all the heroes hadn't become fat lazy slobs thanks to Batman killing all the villains.
>>
>>80569298
It works for almost every other universe
>>80569439
>that Zatanna
NO. NOOOOOO
>>
>>80569439
To be fair it wasn't so much aliens. It was Captain Atom from another universe.
>>
>>80569361
Sounds like a shitty excuse tbqh, fampei.

A better excuse for Batman not killing villains would have been implying that Batman going full kill mode would ruin his value as a symbol and cause more unrest in the long run.
>>
In Injustice, in the dream sequence superman has it is suggested that he would have killed the joker... he didn't actually kill him but I guess thats something cause he really did lose his shit with the joker.
>>
File: Bat-Devil_006.jpg (118 KB, 742x675) Image search: [Google]
Bat-Devil_006.jpg
118 KB, 742x675
Damian's bad end is basically that
>>
>>80569524
black mercy makes you dream of an ideal world
in an ideal world, superman wishes he didn't kill joker, that batman did instead
>>
>>80569515
Of course it sounds shitty. You've engineered a situation where it sounds shitty by pretending the DCU is a "villain-infested Hellhole" as opposed to a place that has the same amount of crime as the real world except sometimes that crime wears a funny costume or flies a spaceship, which is what it's really like.
>>
>>80569553
BAT OF MURDER
>>
>>80568431

Because it doesn't make any sense to put superpowers mass murderers in a cardboard jail they inevitably escape from and keep killing.

Modern, testosterone-deficient cucks are trained that defending themselves and their loved ones is an evil act
>>
>>80569524
>Batman kills the Joker and turns himself in, revealing his identity
>They actually fucking arrest him
>The world keeps turning
>Superman and Lois get to raise a qt
>Batman stays in prison
what the fuck
>>
>>80569561
Ah I did not realise that, thanks for that I did wonder what the fuck was going on.
>>
>>80569585
Arguably the "real" crime is lower, because there's superheroes helping keep it down.
>>80569587
Damian's pretty hardcore.
>>
>>80569597
The part where batman turned himself in, was fucking stupid but as it was a dream I let it go. Sort of.
>>
>Are there any alternative universe comics where Batman loses his shit and forgets about the whole ''no killing'' thing and starts to clean up the Gotham (killing his villains)?

Do you mean any comics where he acts like a rational human being and not like a fucking hero archetype?

I mean, leaving bank robbers alive is a thing, but leaving the motherfucking joker run around is just plain retarded.

God, I hate Batman.
>>
>>80569585
Uh dude, I'd consider any world where criminals can regularly get access to spaceships pretty shitty. Not even once in history has any criminal organization been powerful enough to be able to be so blatant and get away with it.
>>
File: spacex-01.jpg (29 KB, 350x564) Image search: [Google]
spacex-01.jpg
29 KB, 350x564
>>80569585
>>80569920
Is Elon Musk actually a super villain?
>>
>>80568864

You can't kill human nature away.

I would think all the failed totalitarian and communist regimes in the world would've proved that to you but nooooo
>>
File: file.png (327 KB, 630x354) Image search: [Google]
file.png
327 KB, 630x354
>>80567110
Justice Leage Gods and Monsters
The current season of Venture Bros has a Batman/Green Hornet parody who kills everything.
Flashpoint had Bruce's parents become Batman and the Joker because Flash fucked up time backwards and Bruce died instead of his parents. His dad had rage issues and his mom went nuts.
>>
>>80567110
Countdown. Earth-52 or whatever had Batman snapping after Jason died, and went on to kill every supervillain on Earth.
>>
>>80569467
>NO. NOOOOOO

This is what happens when Batman kills villains.
>>
File: file.png (260 KB, 500x308) Image search: [Google]
file.png
260 KB, 500x308
>>80568864
According to Justice League the universe where this actually happens most of the modern countries of the world become extremely fascists. Even Batman agrees with it because it's for the greater good, and nobody will ever have to lose their parents again.

Superman is the one who starts doing it though, but it's not hard to see how they would want to rule the world for the greater good after this.

Gods and Monsters touched on this too. The main three kill everyone, but don't go as far. They decide to stop killing so many people to gain people's trust at the end.
>>
>>80569298
>So what, you are saying that Earth needs to be a shitty super villain infested hell hole in order to fend off bigger threats? Like some kind of immune system strengthening itself with minor infections?

You are not right, but you are not completely wrong: villains are necessary because they make the heroes stronger. Also if the heroes aren't available to stop a big threat usually the villains step in to save the day
>>
Didn't Flashpoint Batman kill people?
>>
>>80570199
Yeah, but I assumed OP meant alternate Bruces
>>
Why does Earth have to make such a big hoopla about everything? There are billions of inhabited planets in the universe and only one of them is constantly threatening the very existence of the universe. How do you think that makes the sextillions of sextillions of people in the rest of the universe feel?
>>
>>80570515
Indifferent. no one gives a shit about earth, we're that weird kid in the corner who keeps setting fire to the drapes
>>
>>80570515
Earth is a Goldilocks planet, it has a little bit of everything and is in the perfect range for life. So it's a target for conquerers and space pirates and shit. It gets into this in Welcome to the Working Week.

If you want the stupid-as-fuck answer,, courtesy of Geoff Johns, Earth was where all life in the universe began.
>>
>>80571035
>Earth was where all life in the universe began.
That's stupid as fuck.
>>
>>80571168
Johns is a stupid as fuck writer.
>>
Honestly, I'm tired of the whole "if you kill one man you'll spiral into being a murderous maniac" shtick in pacifist hero comics.

I want to see one AU where one man is killed either accidentally or otherwise, and that's it.

Nothing comes of it aside from one man dying and the consequences both psychological and physical for the hero. No "Batman kills the joker and goes CRAAAAZY"

Fuck, make it so that it's arguably a good thing. That'd be an interesting read. That's why it's an AU.
>>
>>80571276
Why though? Are you sure you aren't just being edgy?
>inb4 "I hate the edgy meme! I just want Superman to brutally kill someone with no consequences because it would be kewl!"
>>
>>80571276
Daredevil killed a hooker by accident once.
>>
>>80569920
Except that a cape always stops them and everything is back to normal in time for the 11 O'Clock News so maybe fuck you?
>>
>>80571209
He was basing it off of Christian mythology, which is canon in the DCU, hence The Spectre.
>>
>>80569972
Probably
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.