[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>sold his family's engineering company through 3 generations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: don rosa.jpg (21 KB, 220x315) Image search: [Google]
don rosa.jpg
21 KB, 220x315
>sold his family's engineering company through 3 generations to make comics
Is he the epitome of manchildness?
>>
>>80563955
He's actually successful, so no.
>>
>>80563955
I think Kim Thompson did something similar wit his inheritance to start up Fantagraphics and keep it afloat.
>>
>>80563955
You made the exact same thread with the exact same words and image several time over years.

I'm on to you, nigga.
>>
>>80563955
Nice try, undercover Disney employee trying to justify jewing the fuck out of the most talented man you had working for you in decades.
>>
File: 1344131017809.jpg (24 KB, 348x321) Image search: [Google]
1344131017809.jpg
24 KB, 348x321
>It's the Don Rosa hater episode

/co/ really suck this season.
>>
He was born with more money than you ever had and he will die with more fame than you'll ever have. Is this the real issue OP?
Flipping those burgers must be frustrating.
>>
>Letting your family, most of whom are dead, control your destiny.
Nah, he had the right to do what he wanted and live his own life. That shit is no different from arranged marriages and needs to stay buried in the past.
>>
>>80564106
I'd drop it, but I'm too heavily invested right now.
>>
>>80563955
The construction industry is not an easy life. If that's what you want to do, fine, but it's not like inheriting the family pencil factory.
>>
>>80564106
>le co tv show meme

Have sex
>>
>>80564282
Rekt
>>
>>80564282
>taking 4chan seriously

never have sex
>>
>>80563955
Not really, though I would agree that he should have just hired some competent people to run the company for him.
>>
He happens to have done some really good stuff, but he checks off every box on the manchild fanboy list. Making a rigid timeline of the Bark storylines. Writing stories where nuh uh Scrooge can beat up everything because he's the best at everything and he's also the epitome of good morals. And it has to look like Barks in the 50s reeeeeee normies. Also he draws art of there characters crossing over with other properties by the boatload, which is like a rite of passage for every fanartist it feels like.

I tend to admire the euro artists and writers more. They're more open to taking the style out of its comfort zone.
>>
>>80564062
You're saying OP Is the epitome of manchildness more than Don Rosa?
>>
>>80564282
What if he doesn't want to fuck guys like you?
>>
>>80564412

More hassle than it's worth to own a company you don't care about, because then you've got to make sure the "competent" people aren't fleecing you or driving the company into the ground while you're not looking.
>>
>>80564282
Hey, not so fast! At least buy me a drink...
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.