[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone explain this episode to me? It's literally too
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8
File: latest[1].png (2 MB, 1158x649) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
2 MB, 1158x649
Can someone explain this episode to me? It's literally too deep for me.
>>
At least of wasn't just me, I didn't understand any of it
>>
>>80545951
This, it made no sense to me either on first viewing. Like if I can't grasp it, how do children grasp it? Why does Adventure Time keep doing this shit?
>>
>>80545951

Finn gets stuck in a time loop. The only way he can escape is by leaving everything--friends, family, clothing, humanity--behind him and moving forward.

Symbolically, it represents growing up and maturing.

But mostly, it was psychological horror. The episode was 11 minutes long but Finn was stuck in that room and with his eyes closed FOR YEARS. It was Groundhog's Day plus torture.
>>
>>80545951
To physically escape he had to be able to mentally escape.
>>80546024
It's not like the kids need to get it, it was still a nice adventure with a lot of comedy.
>>
File: 1449544566530.png (81 KB, 336x348) Image search: [Google]
1449544566530.png
81 KB, 336x348
>>80546241
>But mostly, it was psychological horror. The episode was 11 minutes long but Finn was stuck in that room and with his eyes closed FOR YEARS. It was Groundhog's Day plus torture.
I can't stand this. Puhoy was a different story because he didn't remember a single thing about his pillow life. With this after going through all that shit he just shrugs it off with a smile once he reunites with Jake.

They don't want him moving on from Phoebe. They don't seem to wanna change his design. I liked this episode but i'm skeptical because even though this served as proof that Finn can accomplish things on his own it's only a matter of time before another writer turns him into a bumbling buffoon again like in Stakes.
>>
>>80546497

>With this after going through all that shit he just shrugs it off with a smile once he reunites with Jake.

Wrong. Once he escaped, he was absolutely euphoric. When he says "No comment!", that wasn't Finn shrugging it off. That was Finn suppressing the sheer trauma of what he's experienced.

He'll probably not have ptsd from it, but the episode shows that it affected him pretty bluntly by having Finn look at the dungeon train and say "Oh yeah. That was fun." at the start of the episode. The dungeon train was not just "fun", but it had enough good and bad that Finn shrugged it off.

Finn is never going to look back at that experience and say "Oh yeah. That was fun."
>>
File: fixed2.png (134 KB, 573x323) Image search: [Google]
fixed2.png
134 KB, 573x323
>>80546798
>Wrong. Once he escaped, he was absolutely euphoric. When he says "No comment!", that wasn't Finn shrugging it off. That was Finn suppressing the sheer trauma of what he's experienced.
I guess I forgot how excited he was to get out of that dungeon.

I'll take your word on it and say i'm wrong, but I still stand by him possibly not growing at all because of it.
>>
>>80545951
Finn had to face dungeon with a magic door that required Finn to use some Kirk level strategy to escape. A bit exhilarating to see the character step up to the plate, instead of just being dumb and frustrated.
>>
>>80546497
>>80546241

The fact that they're never gonna let Finn actually grow up, so it makes episodes like this feel pretty hollow.

Like even if everything "stays" it shouldn't be frozen.
>>
File: images[1].jpg (8 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
images[1].jpg
8 KB, 300x168
Someone can edit this image >>80546497 with Cinnamon bun on Phoebe's buns in middle part.
>>
File: IMG_1613.jpg (247 KB, 1280x839) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1613.jpg
247 KB, 1280x839
>>80547328
Fuck off Finncuckfag. Nobody wants him to suffer more than he has.
>>
File: 0jq2kj6g.jpg (104 KB, 336x532) Image search: [Google]
0jq2kj6g.jpg
104 KB, 336x532
>>80547328
meh
>>
>>80545951
From some guy on reddit:

Think of it this way: Finn enters trough door A with his eyes closed, inside the door there is a fake world (dimension) that he travels to only with his eyes closed (door A is the only door of that kind in the real world) he then in this world (dimension) needs to travel again and find the same door (door B and not a real place) and open his eyes in front of that door so he cold enter trough the door in the real world (door A). He is still, as he travels in the fake world, in front of the door A witch leads me to the conclusion that the traveling was all in his head and he needed to discover something in his own mind (open the door to his subconsciousness ) to pass the test. In conclusion he is in the real world - he never left.

Also, this review breaks it down pretty clearly: http://overmental.com/content/adventure-time-hall-of-egress-43975
>>
>>80548426
Nigga if I wanted some guy on reddit's opinion I would have made this thread on reddit. Thanks for the link though, that review was alright.
>>
>>80548715
You're welcome.

Also, even though the writer is normally a huge moron, the AV Club recap was decent for this ep- might also be helpful.
http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/adventure-time-sends-finn-his-most-terrifying-dung-232957
>>
>>80545951
>Leave no threads to follow
>No more egress (exits)
Basically all the episode meant is that Finn needs to abandon anything that might keep him tied down to advance forward
friends
clothing (material wealth?)
hesitation
uncertainty
To move forward in the context of what is the question. Maybe to defeat the lich once and for all?
>>
>>80549566
So in that way the chalk Jake had in the beginning and Finn's shit threads mean the same thing. Drawing a chalk line and leaving a trail of thread would would leave an exit backward. But the only way to solve the dungeon is to find an exit at the end not at the beginning. Which is what Finn mean when he said "no more egress/exits"
>>
File: thesnowman.jpg (207 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
thesnowman.jpg
207 KB, 1920x1080
Did no one else think that he was supposed to assemble the snowman right-side-up on the pedestal? It would be the only way to open the door, but Finn still manages to break through at the end through sheer force of will/stupidity.
>>
>>80547663
Why did you give in to his demands?!?!
>>
>>80550066
Probably would have been a pit fall, or it's possible that it really is just symbolic.
He moved, and even smashed the rock, once, and it didn't do anything.
>>
>>80550066
snowman was a trap man
Finn's a savvy dungeon explorer and knew this, that's why he never gave a hoot about it
>>
File: r4miu7my.png (87 KB, 336x518) Image search: [Google]
r4miu7my.png
87 KB, 336x518
>>80550072
hem
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.