[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Simpsons
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7
File: milhouse.jpg (15 KB, 375x281) Image search: [Google]
milhouse.jpg
15 KB, 375x281
So how inbred is Milhouse?
>>
I thought his parents were only cousins?

Cousin marriage is fine unless its the only thing you do.
>>
>>80539093
>Cousin marriage is fine

No is not anon
>>
>>80539369
Cousin breeding will still lead to birth defects
>>
>>80539093
Huh, didnt think the thread would go South this quick....
>>
>>80539369

Depends on how far apart the cousins are and how many successive generations of cousin canoodling have been going on. But that's too complicated and we like hard and fast rules so it either is fine or isn't fine depending on where you are.
>>
>>80539397
Not even man.

You're almost certainly the product of your ancestors' cousins. Many times over.
~80% of all marriages in recorded human history have been between cousins.

Murrika just started getting freaked out for no reason about 60 or so years ago.
You really aren't THAT genetically similar, so there's no biological basis for it.
>>
>>80539661
This.

Cousin marriage is legal in the vast majority of the world.

Another branch on from your cousins and you share as much DNA with them as some random person on the street.
>>
>>80539726
Well and the whole legality thing is just kinda strange.

You would be crucified if you suggested that people with poison wombs and genetic defects shouldn't be allowed to marry.

But a 2% higher chance of maybe sorta causing some genetic problems? Ban it.
>>
>>80539661
I'm pretty sure it was somewhat less common in western Europe and therefore America quit it when the frontier status faded away.
I could be completely fucking wrong though. Darwin married his cousin for example and then there's the Habsburgers and assorted royalty
>>
>>80539038
He isn't.

Shelbyville has a non-related opposite to everyone in Springfield, with minor differences. Milhouse's mom is from Shelbyville.

Kirk married his Shelbyville opposite.
Shelbyville was established as a town to marry your cousins in, but that doesn't mean they all do (for example, much of Oregon and Washington was settler trading posts and whorehouses before it became legit towns).
>>
>>80539851
>poison wombs
that problem takes care of itself now, doesn't it?
>>
File: cm laws.png (147 KB, 940x470) Image search: [Google]
cm laws.png
147 KB, 940x470
>>80539946
Not sure how common it is culturally in Europe but here's a map showing it's legal status around the world.

Blue-legal. Red-Illegal. Orange-legal in some cases.

Aren't the Milhouses dutch anyway?
>>
>>80540061
It was illegal in the Netherlands until the 70's and in Belgium you have to ask the kings permission (or used to anyway)
I don't really know why I know this
>>
>>80540061
Why are some states dark red? Is it extra illegal?
>>
>>80540222
Death penalty
>>
>>80540222
Yeah, as in it's not just banned but actually illegal to marry your cousin.

Not sure what the usual sentence is.
>>
File: relationshipchart.gif (45 KB, 521x288) Image search: [Google]
relationshipchart.gif
45 KB, 521x288
>>80539369
>>80539397
>>80539518
Biologist here... literally nothing wrong with it. Most domestic species are the result of even tighter inbreeding, cousin marriage isn't going to do horrible shit unless your genetics were shit in the first place in which place those poor traits become 'fixed' (or you completely failed to bring in any fresh blood to a diminishing family tree.)

>>80539661
>Murrika just started getting freaked out for no reason about 60 or so years ago.

It hate to sound conspiratorial, but it's probably the result of social engineering on the half of globalists.

Some level of cousin marriage helps to preserve local cultures and ties together family wealth/property. Globalists would prefer there be no such thing as race, ethnicity, or local solidarity to obstruct their goals. Gotta blanda up and keep anyone from putting down roots... keeps the peasantry disorganized.

There's likely some additional crossover between increased urbanization and increased motorized transit causing resentment between established locals, and perpetual transients (familes that move every five or ten years following the economy.)
>>
>>80540636

Intredasting

Tell me something, i remember some interfamily combinations(brother/sister, mother/son, etc) being more prone to expressing recessive traits and diceases in children than others from my high school class. Does that hold up?
>>
>>80539038
about as much as i am
>>
>>80540636
>Going full /pol/ on /co/

You're a brave man anon, I admire your courage
>>
>>80540636
All I got from this is that the Illuminati doesn't want cousins to marry because diversity is bad.
>>
>>80540061
It would be legal in Europe
>>
>All this cousin marriage naysaying

We skin faggots like you in Shelbyville.
>>
>>80540061
>it's illegal in China
Bull-fucking-shit
>>
>>80541985
Not denying that the nobility of Europe is hilarious inbred. I mean basically ever current royal house is german these days, but the Habsburgs were a fairly unique case.
>>
>>80541985
Ol' Charlie 2's head looks like a banana
>>
>>80539093

Go back to Shelbyville, degenerate
>>
File: 1439162264834.jpg (15 KB, 441x411) Image search: [Google]
1439162264834.jpg
15 KB, 441x411
>>80539518
nice dude
>>
File: consanguinity.png (275 KB, 1833x1572) Image search: [Google]
consanguinity.png
275 KB, 1833x1572
>how closely related you are to members of your "family"
>>
>>80541556
>being more prone to expressing recessive traits and diceases

It comes down to both individuals sharing the same recessive trait. If both of the parents were carriers for the trait (ie: if one of your siblings exhibits a recessive trait) then there's it's two times more likely for dormant siblings being carriers than for them to carry the dominant trait.

Of course, this gets even weirder when you have discreet traits or disorders reliant on multiple genes. Those are far more likely to appear within families than from the outside as families are more likely to share several of the same recessive traits.

Of course, positive traits (red hair for example; apparently improves chances of attracting a mate for females) can also be locked into a linage through moderate genetic isolation.

>>80541974
Hardly Illuminati. Just different groups of people who want to expand their powerbase further. Any imperial power does well to ensure new conquests are thoroughly integrated, while up-and-coming internal powers are broken up or co-opted.

>>80541858
I... didn't think it was that /pol/. Just logical extrapolation of what I would do if I had to manage massive amounts of diverse land and people (not that I'd ever want to.) Consolidate that shit and simplify it, ain't nobody got time to learn how they shake hands and earn trust in bumfuckasville, or nowherestan just make it all irrelevant and mock anyone who says otherwise as poor, backwards, and obstructionist.
>>
File: toz18026l.jpg (189 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
toz18026l.jpg
189 KB, 1600x1200
>>80542544
>then there's it's two times more likely for dormant siblings being carriers than for them to carry the dominant trait.

Clarification, dormant carriers will always 'carry' the dominant trait, they just arn't homozygous (ZZ,zz) for it.

In other interest, The MOST imbred mammals I can recall are naked mole rats. Who's mating system is shockingly closer to insects, with most individuals in a burrow being direct descendants of a hyper-fertile queen (who unlike insects actually moves around and even bullies lessers into performing their duties by punting them a way down the tunnels with her superior stength and agression.)

They also have almost complete immunity to pain, have no recorded incidence of cancer (amusing for something that looks like a crawling tumorous ballsack) , can survive in extremely low oxygen environments, farm deep root vegetables (more, manage the consumption of) and have a godlike lifepan for a rodent (30 years.)

Excepting the hideousness and being bullied into mating with your mom after digging tunnels, I suppose it's not all horrible given the superpowers. I prefer the Damaraland mole-rat though, much cuter and still most of the superpowers.
>>
>>80542544
Other than Rome (which incidentally only banned cousin marriage for around 200 years towards the end) how many empires have tried to control the populace by that shit?
>>
>>80542903
>who unlike insects actually moves around
you're a shitty biologist
>>
>>80540061
>Aren't the Milhouses dutch anyway?
I think there are the Dutch Van Houtens and the "American" Van Houtens, not really sure since I haven't followed the show in years. What I do know, is that Milhouse, Kirk, and maybe Luann are the only characters with actual Simpson blood in them.
>>
>>80542414
It's a generalization that you're 50/50 split of your parents and share 1/4 with your grandparents.
The nature of recombination means you can inherit more or less from a parent.

So it is possible, but rare, to have a lot in common with a cousin. Something like a 2-3% risk of some genetic disease.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.