[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When Spider-man was out of costume how come they had to do the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: mgkinaFM1m1r9jhdio1_1280.jpg (108 KB, 668x896) Image search: [Google]
mgkinaFM1m1r9jhdio1_1280.jpg
108 KB, 668x896
When Spider-man was out of costume how come they had to do the half mask thing when his spider sense went off? Aren't the lines enough to let the reader know his spiders sense is tingling?
>>
>>80537833
Yeah, but this is more visually pleasing.
>yfw MCU Spider Man does this
>>
I guess so that readers don't get confused between Spider Sense and whenever Peter is just generally alarmed.

(Yes I know they look different)
>>
>>80537833
Cause it looks cool as fuck.
>>
When I was a kid I thought his mask actually flashed on his face and wondered why no one else saw it. I was not smart
>>
>>80537955

No, it doesn't.

Unless you are really into two-faced.
>>
>>80537833
Too show that it isn't a natural ability of a person, but rather that of his Spider side, furthering demonstrating just how inhuman he really is.
>>
>>80537833
Ditko has a hard-on for duality.
>>
>>80537833
Because they probably looked too much like when Professor X used his telepathy or when someone was in shock, so they put on the mask to differentiate the squiggly lines around his head as Spider Sense compared to the dozens of other times they used them to exemplify something going on with someones head or unseen mental powers being used.
>>
Its a really cool effect that could really only work in comics. I've always been a fan of it. While the lines are totally enough, this has a little more style.
>>
>>80538000
>No it doesn't.

I hate to be that guy but... Yeah it does.
>>
>>80537912
Ultimate Spiderman does this really well where there's like a cracking noise and those sonar "waves" things around his head
>>
>>80538000
You're being autistic
>>
I also dont understand why he has a Spider Sense, Spiders do not have that I sping a News paper at one its dead
>>
>>80537833
I feel like it represents shit getting serious.
like, peter is hardly an artificial mask he wears like bruce wayne, but nevertheless he has to put up a bit of a facade, lie to people a lot.. it's one of the big problems in his life. the mask represents that he's given up his normal life at a moment's notice to take on another self, who is always ready and waiting to take over.
>>
>>80539048
It was explained in Spiderverse that it comes from magic spiders. Something with the Web that connects all the spiders together or something.

I dunno it was bullshit, but it explained away why he even has like a sixth sense in the first place
>>
>>80539048
spiders have ludicrously fast reflexes due to high speed neurons, a bypass so the brain doesn't need to actually process the information before acting, and a hydraulic muscle system kept in a constant state of tension (a spider has to exert energy to extend the leg, the leg is naturally geared up to spring back to a curled up state. that's why dead ones are always curled up) so that their reaction time is fantastic. There are little hairs on the body that help this even further. the slightest increase in air pressure and a spider can be gone in a tiny fraction of a second.

youre just that good with a newspaper, anon. you might be a superhero.
>>
>>80539188
bull fucking dogshit ass crap
>>
>>80537833
That resource has objectively aged terribly
>>
>>80539048
I think it's like a super natural/telepathic expansion of the vibrations things make on a spiders web. I remember a few times when they've had some huge telepathic event they've shown Spiderman being affected by it even if only slightly.
>>
>>80537833
It was just an aesthetic thing that Ditko did and then Romita Sr. did and then later afterwards artists stop doing it.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.