[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Animated Oscar bullshit.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: oscar 2.jpg (5 KB, 183x275) Image search: [Google]
oscar 2.jpg
5 KB, 183x275
With all of the bullshit going on with the animated oscars last year and this year, I expected more of an outcry, but the only you tuber who mentioned it is this guy?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAIFGn8auDU

What gives
>>
>>80511706
>caring about the oscars
>>
>>80511750
They matter for animation
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAIFGn8auDU

the link didn't work
>>
>>80511777
fucking how?
>>
>>80511777
they doesn't even matter for live action movies.
>>
>>80512228
because theres a whole catagory dedicated to them.

these studios only release one or two movies a year.

For some reason everybody judges animation by the brand of the studio and not by the quality of the film, when a studio gets more oscars the better the brand becomes.

And these only apply to animated films.
>>
Because it's like pissing in the wind. Everyone knows they don't give a shit, the judges don't try to hide that they don't give a shit but nobody really cares. And frankly I never cared for the Oscars even for live action films.
>>
>>80511706
the Oscars always hated animation

every since Disney released Snow White and that seven little special Oscars BS
>>
>>80512318
>when a studio gets more oscars the better the brand becomes

No, when it makes better movies the better the brand becomes.
>>
>>80512357
its not working for dreamworks.
>>
File: sylviawat.jpg (25 KB, 421x442) Image search: [Google]
sylviawat.jpg
25 KB, 421x442
>>80511706
What happened this year?

I remember people being really mad that the LEGO movie didn't get a nomination (and i was mad aswell) and all the scandal about the voters actually stating they voted without seeing the movies, with the cherry on top pf the shit cake being that guy who called "song of the sea" an IRISH movie "japanese crap" last year.

but this year it has been all very quiet. I mean yeah, a Disney/or Pixar (pixar, this time) movie won, what a surprise! but at least it actually was a quality movie.
>>
>>80512400
not related but is wonder a good show?
>>
>>80512318
>normies believe this
keep hashtagging about di caprio thinking academy awards worth shit.
>>
>>80512357
This, Pixar has the most animation oscars, but most people will tell you that they're not as goodas they used to be, and that WDA is better at the moment, not to mention recent showings of Dreamworks. No the real problem with the animation oscar is that it is a general award voted on by everyone, rather than a technical award only voted on by people that actually do the thing.

>>80512400
Actually he called Song of the Sea and Little Princess both "chinese fucking shits" and hated that they got nominated instead of Lego Movie.

Last year was a great year for animation, there were too many good movies to fit into the category.
>>
>>80512400
What happened is what every controversy happens. People get upset and demand for change but gets quickly forgotten after a month and people move on to the next controversy.
>>
>>80512318

You know that kinda bugs me why does animation need an entire category devoted to them specifically?

Why can't they just run for best picture award like any other film?
>>
File: yeswonder.gif (2 MB, 606x525) Image search: [Google]
yeswonder.gif
2 MB, 606x525
>>80512426
No anon, it's not good

It's awesome

al least Imho

if you like a lighthearted, smart, character-driven comedy you'll really enjoy the first season.

If you like over-arching plots you'll like the second season that one even has a waifu
also, it had a great musical episode

the cartoon won't even occupy too much of your free time because we aren't getting a third season ;_;
>>
>>80512706
Because Chicken Run almost got nominated and most of the Academy doesn't see Animation as real art and thought it was necessary to give it it's own category so that'd never happen again.
>>
>>80512706
eeeeeeeh
at least this way we'ew sure at least one nimated movie will surely get some kind of award.

Also, come on, animated movie have a lot of different work behind them than a regular movie.
>>
>>80512706
They can. Three animated movies have been nominated for best picture; Beauty and the Beast, Up, and Toy Story 3. Up and Toy Story were nominated for both Best Picture and Best Animated Picture.

Do you people have no memory or something?
>>
>>80512020
If the video was just his voice over a picture of his fedora I would still be able to tell what he looks like.
>>
>>80512461
>Last year was a great year for animation, there were too many good movies to fit into the category.

Yet BH6 won, don't get me wrog I honestly think it's an enjoyable movie, it even deserved to be nominated but the best of 2014.. just no.
>>
File: 1450185370264.jpg (23 KB, 637x480) Image search: [Google]
1450185370264.jpg
23 KB, 637x480
>>80512461
>and that WDA is better at the moment, not to mention recent showings of Dreamworks
>>
>>80512461
>and that WDA is better at the moment
Frozen and BH6 were subpar
>Dreamworks
HTTYD 2 and KP3 were disappointing
Mr.Peabody abd Sherman and Penguins were meh
Home was complete shit
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.