[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
URBANCE PILOT JUST LAUNCHED https://vimeo.com/143631654 >
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 3
File: Urbance_Pilot_01[1].png (872 KB, 1068x600) Image search: [Google]
Urbance_Pilot_01[1].png
872 KB, 1068x600
URBANCE PILOT JUST LAUNCHED
https://vimeo.com/143631654

>Thanks to the amazing support of the Urbance community through the Kickstarter campaign, the Urbance pilot was green-lighted for production in January 2015. The pilot was produced in 9 months between Canada, Japan and France, and ended in September 2015. It was a blessing and a wonderful first experience to work with such an amazing and talented team of artists from all around the world. Yapiko Animation did an incredible animation job, which was led by Hiroshi Shimizu (Porco Rosso, Princess Mononoke). On the other hand, the original soundtrack was created by PLAID, a talented duo from UK, as well as many other brilliant music composers: The Tanuki Project, B.Ames and High Klassified. Each one of them instinctively mixed up our vision with their unique color. Lastly, Total casting, Spacesheep and Hifi-Génie also contributed into making this pilot a success. Up until now, the screening was restricted to kickstarter backers and festivals only. We are very happy to finally share the pilot with you.
>>
>>80402585
It's pretty to look at, but the writing and voice acting are shit.
>>
>>80402669
They're worse than that.
>>
>>80402585
they needed more money.
>>
>>80402585
Character designs, colours, framing = boss!!
Story and voice acting = so terrible it hurts

I still believe, tho, hire some writers and this can be good
>>
>>80402669
>the writing and voice acting are shit.
the dialog is shit, however it might have been passable had they the budget for better acting.
there's not enough story to judge the writing on. for what's available, the story seems compelling and I want to know more.
The basic problem is they need more money.
but, now that there's a pilot, hopefully they'll find someone to foot the bill.
>>
>>80402585
>boy vs girl episodes are always among the worst
>lets make a whole fucking franchise revolving around that
still dumb
>>
We've been waiting 6 years for this?
>>
Official Trailer:
https://vimeo.com/56339105
Better music and dance moves, imo.
>>
>>80402585
> JUST LAUNCHED

"URBANCE The Pilot Episode"
"from Steambot {PRO} 4 months ago"

I'm excited too, but get some reading comprehension skills friend.
>>
File: 1451261283207.png (219 KB, 397x387) Image search: [Google]
1451261283207.png
219 KB, 397x387
>>80402585
>Cuts right when I feel it could get good.
It looks nice, but nothing too impressive has been done, and for how long and how much it took them to produce it, I should expect something like this.
>>
...could they not find any black people to do voices?
>>
>>80403856
>Dear Urbancers, up until now, the screening was restricted to kickstarter backers and festivals only. We are very happy to finally share the pilot with you, live from our blog. Enjoy the Watch!
Thanks, friend.
>>
>>80403957
They're colored on the screen, are they not? You people are getting really demanding here.
>>
>>80403984
Haha, no, that's not what I meant. I don't think these Canadians/French understand that if they're going to write them to sound hood then they can't just hire white guys to voice them.
>>
The voice acting is shit.
The art looks nice and we didn't see enough of the setings to know how good or bad it is.
>>
>>80403957
>black people in Franco-Canada
You try and find one.
>>
>>80404584
there's quite a few in france I heard. Not sure about canada
>>
>>80404637
They don't exist in Canada, until you go to Toronto.
>>
>>80404725
Montreal. Come on, senpai. They literally give heavy preference to Nigerian, Rwandan, etc. immigrants because they speak French and therefore preserve Quebecois culture.
>>
>>80404173
>only black people can "speak hood"

What
>>
>>80404836
Stock from their colonies count?
>>
>>80402585

Urbance is real?! I thought it was just something we made up to piss off tumblr!
>>
>>80404836
Nigerians speak English, you meant Haitian or Congolese.

And they haven't given them preference in 10 years because Algerians and Haitians don't speak Quebecois French and don't want to learn and are generally thugs who ruin everything. As a result Quebec is the second largest province in Canada by population but is 90% white compared to Ontario's 75% white.
>>
>>80404889
No. Quebec pretty much only allows Belgians, Swiss and French into Quebec now. Aside, of course, from the asshole Anglo-Canadians who ruin Quebec's cities by not speaking French. But in some ways the French deserve it since they ruined Brussels by refusing to speak Dutch. And the English refused to learn Dutch in South Africa and even banned it 180 years ago, causing the Great Trek and indirectly causing Apartheid.

The moral of the story is: don't be an asshole and learn to speak the language of the place you're in, instead of moving all your friends there to take over.
>>
>>80404950
Ontario was formally decommissioned in 2005. It was halved into Onton and Tarius in the charter.
>>
>>80404950
>Nigerians speak English, you meant Haitian or Congolese.

Could mean Nigeriens, the people of Niger as opposed to Nigerians, the people of Nigeria.
>>
>>80405016
Quebec being so French-centric strikes me as silly when their own version of French is a fucking bastardized bootleg of the real thing.
>>
>>80404880
That sure as fuck is not what I wrote but I won't blame you for interpreting it that way. Statistically the ethnicity of people within American impoverished urban neighborhoods are mostly black, but sure, anyone that has had any amount of experience of talking hood will be able to do it and they will most likely be black. But really any good voice actor would be able to do it. So really they just either need some black guys, some better voice actors, or hell, maybe both.
>>
>>80405045
Nigeria should annex that shithole for the lebensraum

Populous countries should be big countries so they're easy to find
>>
>>80405049
Apparently it derives from a peasant/servant dialect with archaic grammar and phrases straight out of 17th century France
>>
So the threads for this show are going to be a fucking nightmare if it gets more episodes.
>>
Also this show is literally crap. Who the fuck wrote this edge tier millennial deviantart tier script?

Hoy fuck visually it's obnoxious and pretentious, writing wise? It's a fucking train wreck taking itself too fucking seriously.
>>
>The Proud Family will forever be the only good Black cartoon
>>
>>80405425
IN A WORLD

WHERE SEX KILLS

ONLY THESE HIP HOP LOVING URBAN YOUTHS HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO TAKE DOWN THE GOVERNMENT WHILE FIGHTING FOR THEIR LIVES AGAINST THEIR OWN DESIRES
>>
This show literally apeals to normies.

LITTERALLY APPEALS TO NORMIES.

You know this shit gonna get 6 series.
>>
>>80405045
That's what I meant, I completely messed that one up, but to be fair: how many times does anyone use the word Nigerien in conversation?
>>
>>80402585
>https://vimeo.com/143631654
Huh
Interesting
It has potential and I always welcome western animation that isnt aimed for kids. Voice acting could definitely use some work
And of course /co/ will call it tumblr even though it is literally the oppisite
10/10 animation think this might actually surplant korra from my favorite animation style
8/10 sound
5/10 VA
8/10 story line
Needs polish but so do all gems
>>
>french house replaced with trap and moobathon
>voice acting is terrible
It was pretty though.
>>
This show looks like neon vomit.
>>
>>80405829
>it's not even good trap
I seriously think one of these French guys is like a weeb but instead he wants to go live in Compton.
>>
>>80402669
Holy shit, this anon wasn't joking around. That voice acting is fucking terrible.

>>80403957
No fucking kidding. Jesus.
>>
I'm still holding off my opinions on the 'plot' to this thing because it's still so early because I want to hope it will be good if they had the funding they wanted, but after reading through kickstarter questions and whatnot a while ago - they listened to backers HEAVILY in their opinions on things such as on adding different sexualities, racism, etc. From what I remember, I also remember them arguing with backers/fans over stuff. To me that was a huge red flag that they weren't sure what they were doing, and I am worried they have tried to cram so much shit in it to appease everyone that it's going to be one huge mess.

The voice acting though, holy fuck it's complete dogshit. None of it sounds natural, has no flow, the dialog is awful and the voices don't match the characters at all.
>>
>>80402585
I'm interested. I definitely want to see more just based on the visuals; it's like Tron Uprising with more courage when it comes to color and less when it comes to wonky anatomy. But I'm just going to echo that the voice acting is really bad. I bet fandubbers could do better.
>>
>>80402585
I really thought this was not going to be made.
>>
File: 1444678702835.png (145 KB, 509x368) Image search: [Google]
1444678702835.png
145 KB, 509x368
>>80402585

Jesus, that voice acting is so fucking bad. It's unbelievably bad. I would be embarrassed to put out a pilot that looks that good, but sounds that fucking bad.
>>
Bretty good for an indie production.
Too bad it's a niche piece.
>>
can I listen to this in french?
>>
>>80405477
but it wasn't.
>>
>>80402585
Reminder that this pilot could've been a full 20 minutes if it weren't for the fact that Tumblr got triggered by the fact most of the staff members white.
>>
>That scream at 5:30
Braced for chryssalids!

I was going to make a comparison to Aachi & Ssipak except it's not actually that similar, just objectively worse on any comparable aspect.

Obvious common sens world-building fails like - no way in fuck would any EVIL GUBBERMINT make mandatory tracking watches and then fail to notice when a number of them sequentially go off-line. The mechanism for the virus is asinine and the agents are just. . . goofy.
>>
>>80402585
Looks great. Voice acting was god awful, needs a complete revamp.

One thing that confused me is that everyone was freaking out about the robopopo but all they seemed to do was look for two folks who fucked. Its not like they burst in and started unloading on the crowd of lawbreakers like dystopian police are wont to do.

Also you think in the future where sex kills technologic investment for sexbots, alternative insemination and artificial wombs would explode.
>>
>>80402585
Poverty: Check
Black people: Check
Sex driven: Check
Lesbians: Check

Now it just needs Boondocks twist of NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA x30 spammed in every conversation.
>>
>>80407268
I assume the point of the agents is to be so oddly asexual that they immediately kill all thoughts of sex just by being around.
>>
I liked the androgynazis.
>>
>>80407599
>androgynazis
I like that, androgynazis.
And google gives me 0 results.
>>
>>80407708
I just thought it up as soon as I saw them it seemed appropriate.
>>
>>80402585
This is the same pilot episode we saw in November. How is this "just launched" ?
>>
>>80405749
>5/10 VA
>8/10 story line
You are being wayyy to generous. The voice acting was atrocius and the "sex kills" story has been done better before.
>>
>>80407268
>Obvious common sens world-building fails like - no way in fuck would any EVIL GUBBERMINT make mandatory tracking watches and then fail to notice when a number of them sequentially go off-line

It would depend on the population, the number of mediators, and the priorities in relation to the virus.

If you have a relatively big number of people, it could go unnoticed for the 2 hours that they are allowed inside the club. The other possibility is that the the government notices, but they don't have enough mediators to investigate every "faulty" watch, and they decide to prioritize virus detections.
>>
>>80407475
Wouldn't they all look like baron harkonnen then?

Also what the fuck kind of disease makes you squirt orifice selective fast acting neuro-toxin?

I could see it working as an especially dumb cover story for some other population control device. Like, I assume everyone has secret no-fun implants, or that the watches administer lethal drugs when fun happens?
>>
>>80404725
Are you retarded?
>>
>ready to get turnt up?
Are all their VAs white Canadian teenagers?
>>
>>80407921
> and they decide to prioritize virus detections.

That makes even less sense. "They all have it" and it automatically eliminates any persons engaging in sex as a threat to anyone else forever. What's the point of having an immediate force response to what's almost invariably two corpses? Do they turn into fuck zombies?
>>
the intro narration is giving me a fucking seizure
>>
>>80405536
fund it

oh wait
>>
>>80407401
yeah, i didn't understand why everyone was so afraid of the cops
they seemed pretty nice, they didn't attack anyone, just looked for the corpses and the drug dealer
>>
>>80410316
>>80407401
I assumed it was because males and females are/or expected to keep separate. They aren't suppose to be mingling.
From the website
> The urban landscape is split in two — men on one side, women on the other— opposing each other.

While the two who were actually fucking was the main goal, everyone else was probably afraid of also being punished.
>>
I dont' get how the virus spreads to the point it needs to be monitored like this

Ok people can't fuck, but what happens if someone does? Is there a poison cloud that comes from their corpses?
>>
>they banned sex, everything that makes us human

Triggered.
>>
>>80411266
I guess when no new people are being produced, the population they have left becomes precious, and suicide becomes a very serious crime.

Also I thought everyone had the virus but it doesn't become lethal until sex.
>>
Good overall visual appeal.
Plot is basic but serviceable.
Audio is lacklustre, besides the delivery of the lines the dialogue and sfx are going over the music at times (shouldn't it be the other way around?)
>>
>>80402810
It's about portraying the two being in conflict as bad, though. It's not arguing who is better than the other.
>>
>>80411414
straight up an episode of Duckman, down to the star crossed lovers thing
>>
This pilot makes me want to live 30 more years just so that I can look back at it and laugh at how incredibly dated it will be.
>>
>>80407871
>the "sex kills" story has been done better before.
in a western animation?
where???
>>
>two people are dumb and die
>government workers come to collect the bodies
>everyone screaming and running
>workers literally doing nothing threatening just there for the bodies
Why were these people bad?
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.