[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What got in my attention nowadays is, there seems to grow a massive
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7
File: ASM645_varcov.jpg (194 KB, 593x900) Image search: [Google]
ASM645_varcov.jpg
194 KB, 593x900
What got in my attention nowadays is, there seems to grow a massive hateboner for Spidey in here. Why? He used to be the most loved character here.

Anyway, Spiderfag General, I guess.
>>
>>80399396
i dont hate him i hate what Marvel (Bendis) is doing to him
>>
Because Slott doesn't know how to write him any more. I stopped reading after #700 (Though I can see why people enjoyed Superior even if I didn't), and Slott's basically writing him as a caricature of Peter now. And the all new all different Spidey is just a poor man's Tony Stark which they've openly admitted.
>>
>>80399396
They turned Spidy into Tony Stark and its shit
>>
>>80399490
Slott's run till Alpha was pretty cool though you can't deny that. Hell, I remember /co/ choosing Spider-Island as best event of the year or something along with the lines.
>>
>>80399396
Because of Slott though Parker is my least favorite Spider character for quite sometime
I don't hate him just get annoyed of the bs that's been a thing since the 90s on
>>
i fucking hate what they did to Felicia
>>
>>80399396
I'm tired of Slott
>>
>>80399635
This. The guy has been writing the Amazing line for waaaay too fucking long (Superior was just another Amazing arc to me) it's time for a change.
>>
He's boring
>>
File: bitches love spiderman.jpg (177 KB, 486x738) Image search: [Google]
bitches love spiderman.jpg
177 KB, 486x738
>>80399396
Nobody fucking hates Spider-man you tard they hate the fact that fanboys and fuckheads are the only ones allowed to write his stories and produce his movies.
>>
>>80399396
Because the guys writing him have been consistenly shit.
>>
File: 1454120294231.jpg (89 KB, 499x283) Image search: [Google]
1454120294231.jpg
89 KB, 499x283
I don't hate him. I hate what they're doing to him. He's barely him anymore.

Slott doesn't wanna be known for being a good writer, he wants to be known for being the most outrageous.

Its like there's some mandate in place that requires Peter to be a manchild. I miss when he was more mature and levelheaded and snarkier without resorting to childish jabs that aren't clever.

I hate that Silk is a... What's the word? Not Mary Sue. Special Snowflake? Goddamnit you know what I mean. Stronger, faster, more skilled than Peter, and has natural webbing? Despitr being bit by the same spider he was? The only thing he has over her is experience.

And here's Slott telling us that people love her, as such, when asked for proof, he has yet to provide any.

And Spider-Man, despite being a powerhouse with a big worldwide company, is still mocked and disregarded half the time for no reason other than because thats the way it is.

He's nothing more than a bicycle for Marvel, and Slotts personal toilet for which he can take pictures of and show it to Daddy Marvel.

Sorry, I had to let some frustration out.
>>
>>80399396
I like him a lot, he was the first cape comic I used to read regularly and probably the only cape character I give a fuck about.
I have a massive hateboner for Marvel instead, for the way Quesada massacred him and for the shitfest that Slott's endless run has become.
>>
>>80399396
He has been pushed down our throats as the best or will be the best marvel character ever and it's sickening to be told that even in other comics than his. Captain America would save the whole country but stop to say peter or miles will save the universe even when they just stop Ock or goblin in new york.
>>
>>80399396
The hate is most definitely directed at slott, from two sides as well.
One hates him for making Peter a manchild, the other hates him for ending superior.
>>
>>80401005
>One hates him for making Peter a manchild, the other hates him for ending superior.
I'm both.
>>
>>80399474
you mean slott?
bendis is currently runing iron man, guardians of the galaxy, miles morales spider-man and a few others, but not peter parker spider-man
>>
>>80399396
I'm just tired of Slott. His writing doesn't engage me and his storylines (while interesting concepts) just have dull executions. Even the new Stark Peter Parker is boring to me. Slott has been on ASM too long and I wish he would leave the book already (though he won't for another eighty years).
Spidey is boring. I don't care to rereaf about Spidey in Highschool again. At least Ult Spidey tried to do stories and villains in new ways.
Speaking of, I don't care about Miles.
Spider-Gwen is the least interesting thing in he book.
I don't care about 616 Spider-Woman (I miss Ult Jess)
I only care about Silk and Miguel
>>
File: potw-spidey.jpg (128 KB, 640x518) Image search: [Google]
potw-spidey.jpg
128 KB, 640x518
Snarky spiderman is best spiderman. Its his cockyness and snark which make me love him.
>>
He's pretty garbage as a character, spergs will blame writers for not making him as much of a repetitive fossil as they like till the end of time when the truth is he's dated.
>>
File: 03031941.jpg (103 KB, 309x800) Image search: [Google]
03031941.jpg
103 KB, 309x800
I like Spidey.
>>
dont die on me!
>>
>>80399490
>Because Slott doesn't know how to write him any more.
Did he ever wrote a good Spider-man?
Sarcasm, I have always hated that fat douchebag, he writes Peter Parker like some retarded idiot.
>>
>>80401244
>runing
I assume you mean ruining.
>>
File: 1452592114950.jpg (422 KB, 1024x1585) Image search: [Google]
1452592114950.jpg
422 KB, 1024x1585
>>
>>80411868

He could have meant running.

As in running them into the ground.
>>
>>80399396
Spider-Man isn't hated by anybody but militant Batfags or Supesfags

He's still popular here, it's just that his comics usually aren't cause well let's face it....Marvel sucks when it comes to ALL of their big names because all they do is gimmick after gimmick anymore
>>
>>80399550
I can. It was bland shit.
>I remember /co/ choosing Spider-Island as best event of the year
That only proves two things: 1) /co/ has no taste and 2)
>best event
A polished turd is still a turd
>>
File: spideyfatjokes.jpg (78 KB, 912x538) Image search: [Google]
spideyfatjokes.jpg
78 KB, 912x538
I still like Spidey. Hell, I'm reading Spider-Man: Season One right now. I just don't like how current Spidey is written by a guy who gets his kicks from pissing off fans.

And they benched Kaine, for god's sake.
>>
>>80399490
>>80399533
They even joke about it in Iron Man.

I don't care for the playboy, world traveler. Spidey for me will always be street level hero doing team ups with DD and stuff. But with a bunch of Spider comics going on and Miles filling in as steet level, I can see why they took Spidey to this. I still don't agree with it. Least it's temporary until the movie.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.