[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So Bendis is making a black woman the new War Machine so the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6
File: 1456926036321.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
1456926036321.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
So Bendis is making a black woman the new War Machine so the diversity crowd wouldn't bitch at him killing Rhodey

Fucking Marvel
>>
Oh, dear... really?

Why do so few people understand what War Machine is for?
>>
War Machine is such a cool name
>>
>>80398679
Who cares
>>
>>80398679
That's clearly Natasha Irons. You're not fooling me, OP.
>>
>>80398679
Rhodey is dead!? Wasn't it bad enough that they turned him into a cyborg? I mean sure they made him human again with a cloned body but still
>>
Wait? Rhodey died?
>>
>>80399618
>>80399609
The leak for Civil War II said that Rhodey would die.

All signs are pointing to it.
>>
>>80398679
like when they made Ice Man gay

I'd probably have an opinion if I gave a shit about the character
>>
File: 1377405530911.jpg (29 KB, 283x277) Image search: [Google]
1377405530911.jpg
29 KB, 283x277
>eleven years old
>grown ass woman
>taller than the other two
>eleven years old
>>
>>80399683
She's a big girl
>>
Can't we make a black female character without an afro or puff ball hair or just make her look like a person and not a UPN trailer

seriously that fro ain't going in no can
>>
Whore Machine here we come
>>
>>80399600
>That's clearly Natasha Irons

Yes. Yes. Very much.

>>80399715

Gives her the opportunity to have a badass "hair cutting" scene. Either that or she'll modify the helmet.

Why can't they just let War Machine be War Machine and do what he does? Cleaning up human garbage the law can't touch?
>>
What's with the floating shit bottom right?
>>
>>80398679
christ this art- I feel like 90% of it is filters over 3D models.
>>
>>80399816
Deodato's laziness.
>>
I'm imagining a war machine suit with a big ass afro helmet now.

>>80399763
>Why can't they just let War Machine be War Machine and do what he does? Cleaning up human garbage the law can't touch?

Because pretty much nobody in Marvel's current lineup can do war in the first place.

Have they ever teamed up War Machine and Punisher?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
>>80398679
>She build this in a studio appartment! With a box of scraps!
>>
>>80398679
you are the one who thinks this way, why do you blame marvel for that?
>>
>>80398679
Is that Lila Rhodes?
>>
>>80399715
It's a two-fold issue. Artists are mostly white and don't know black hair trends and some people generally react negatively to straightened hair because of ~European beauty standards~ shit.

Of course if you have more than one black woman in a cast you can just have them all look a bit different and don't have to worry about the second part since each woman has her own style, but it's too much to ask for true diversity instead of tokenism since tokenism is enough to get the diversity praise they're aiming for by including them in the first place.
>>
>>80400095
To be fair almost all white women in Marvel look the same too sans hair color

You'd think they'd try different body types and hairstyles but it's all mostly uniform unfortunately
>>
>>80400095
I live in brooklyn, and seriously, *zero* actual black girls/women wear their hair in poofs. It's all straightened, colored, styled.

The only black girls who still wear their hair in poofs are upper middle class ones that go to liberal art schools.
>>
>>80399598
T H I S

Barely anyone gives a shit about Iron Man stories, much less their secondary characters.
>>
>that art
>>
>Sassy black War Machine
>It isn't Misty Knight
>>
>>80400202
What up my fellow NYbro!!!
>>
>>80400095
>some people generally react negatively to straightened hair because of ~European beauty standards

But Asians and Hispanics have straightened hair too. It's largely just black people who have that kind of hair.

What's European about it?
>>
>>80398679
that girl looks much older then 11.
>>
>>80399598
I do
>>
>>80400218
What is it with War Machine and bad cg art?
>>
>>80400254
*highfive* for living with multiple room mates just to survive
>>
>>80400272
Euros oppressed them into it :^}
>>
>>80400272
As far as a comic goes, if an artist goes out of their way to draw a woman like that they might get accused of white washing her or something.

In real life there's some cultural contexts to the choice of it. Things like why a woman might think straight hair looks better than not straightened hair and shit. Of course it's not that simple because it's not as if people are genuinely trying to "look white" but it's kind of tricky (Good Hair kind of goes into this from an entertainment perspective).

And Asians do have the eye surgery shit too if you want to talk about them, but Asians have their own beauty standards baggage shit anyway.
>>
>>80400272
In the US, a lot of people (usually in the South, in my experience) tend to forget that there's more races than just black and white, and hispanics tend to blend with white people oftentimes, especially if they're "white hispanic" like Cubans, which adds to this misconception.

No one really seems to acknowledge Asians in the US unless they actually see them, and some forget that there's a sizable Middle Eastern/Asia Minor diaspora, too.

It's really weird. I assume it's because white/black internal relations are kinda the core of racial issues, or something. I'm not really sure.
>>
>>80400185
This is why Anka Carol is best.
>>
>>80400185
Yeah, now that you mention it, I think you're right. Most of them tend to have mid-back-length hair with generally the same bang style, too.

Mid-length back:
She-Hulk
Carol (when still Ms. Marvel)
Spider-Woman
Mary Jane
Gamora
Black Cat
Black Widow (short now, used to be long except under Cho I think)
Pepper
Emma Frost

Short Hair:
Rachel Summers
Maria Hill
Quake
Phyla-Vell
Rahne

Ponytail:
Kitty Pryde

Bald:
Moondragon

Buns seem to be dead, although I think Smasher from Hickman's Avengers had one when she was out of costume.

I'm sure I'm missing a lot of characters from Marvel, but there does seem to be some lacking in creativity. I'm actually surprised at how few ponytails there are (which is a shame, because I really like them on girls). Hell, most of the short-haired female characters aren't even relevant anymore.

>>80400581
Let's not get crazy now.
>>
>>80400888
I think ponytails can look too young at times which is why they avoid it. If it we weren't talking action books maybe we'd see them or in a blend with buns more since you kind of see them in office buildings and shit.
>>
>>80398679

An eleven yr old black female is building a power armor like Tony's.

I bet it's better even, and she beats Ultron single handed after bringing in Thanos.
>>
>>80400507
>Asians
just Koreans
>>
>>80398679
What nickname is more common, Rhodey or Jim? The 90s show always called him Jim.
>>
>>80399862
That's exactly what it is.
>>
>>80398679
that is one of the worst 3d poser pieces of all time

and enough of the wonderkid characters Marvel
>>
>>80401038
Rhodey
>>
>>80398679
I really can't wait for Trump's election to make this shit uncool two or three years from now so maybe I can get some good fucking comics without pointless diversity pandering.
>>
War Hammer is dead, long live WAR VAGINA!
>>
>>80401745
>implying Trump's election won't send this all into overdrive because now they have to fight the Man
>>
File: 27-february-4-march-2016-1.jpg (22 KB, 242x242) Image search: [Google]
27-february-4-march-2016-1.jpg
22 KB, 242x242
>>80402161
>fighting the Man while giving him more money
>>
>>80401745
>Implying the GOP isn't going to run an independent candidate to split the vote so they all can keep their jobs after the mid term.
>>
>>80402161
>send this all into overdrive
At which point the SJW movement will have reached its climax, and down they'll fall. Either way, they can't last forever.
>>
>>80398679
Ohhhhh nooooooo, not War Machine!. He was my favorite and most important character! Oh golly her whiz! How will the Marvel Universe ever be the same??? I might just faint.
>>
lol even the black male characters aren't safe. Marvel is officially tumblr central now.
>>
>>80399990
>I'm imagining a war machine suit with a big ass afro helmet now.

Im seeing that two and it's wonderful
>>
I guess Rhodey is being killed off in the Cap: Civil War movie then, huh?
>>
Is Bendis doing this cause of his kid?
>>
>>80398679
Isn't that just Rhodey's niece?
>>
>>80405602
He has a black son and black daugther, so the answer is yes
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.