[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Call me a slowpoke but Final Crisis opens with Orion getting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (105 KB, 786x666) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105 KB, 786x666
Call me a slowpoke but Final Crisis opens with Orion getting shot, and closes with Batman firing a gun/getting shot
>>
>>80386945
Now you're getting it
>>
>>80386945
True poetry.
>>
We're proud of you, Anon. Welcome to the Hypercrisis.
>>
File: 1412630161352.jpg (34 KB, 429x377) Image search: [Google]
1412630161352.jpg
34 KB, 429x377
Why was Death of the New Gods ignored?
is it that bad?
I've never read it
>>
>>80388137
Scott Free is the villain and the source wall gets destroyed.
Do you need to know anything more about how it was terrible?
>>
>>80388126
what color ring does the Hypercrisis Corps hand out?
>>
>>80388150
no but I'd like to know more
>>
>>80388155
Flurpleberry
>>
File: image.png (189 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
189 KB, 750x1334
I'm still reeling from a guy named Grant telling a story about Superman's father before either Superman or Jor-El existed
>>
File: Hypercrisis1.png (1 MB, 1338x4386) Image search: [Google]
Hypercrisis1.png
1 MB, 1338x4386
>it's a hypercrisis thread

hoo boy!
>>
File: Hypercrisis2.png (285 KB, 1310x1914) Image search: [Google]
Hypercrisis2.png
285 KB, 1310x1914
>>80390605
>>
File: Hypercrisis3.png (104 KB, 1440x1498) Image search: [Google]
Hypercrisis3.png
104 KB, 1440x1498
>>80390612
So how you guys all doing? Apophenically dissecting decades worth of children's comics looking for enlightenment?

That's cool, me too.
>>
>>80388389
Idiot, it's octarine.
>>
>>80386945
Wait what?
Pls soonfeed me. I have studied FC moderately and I feel like what you're saying should be clicking.
What's the relationship between Orion getting shot and batman firing the radon bullet?
I know it's a time bullet, but you're not saying that Batman killed Orion are you?

Also, in the return of bruce wayne miniseries, what exactly is Batman doing that makes all the heroes say that he is fucking everything up?
>>
>>80390677
All of the DC Universe, but especially the work of Grant Morrison, operates on systems of recurring imagery, iconography and themes. This is because of the very nature of spacetime, or hypertime, within the narrative, and numerous coincidences and synchronicities can be found if one reads comics with an apohophenic and paranoid mind, like /co/ does.

Welcome to the Hypercrisis. The secret narrative of the DC Universe.
>>
>>80390762
So you're saying that the connection is "shooting guns and being shot"
>>
>>80390777
You're not seeing any other visual cues in OP's image?

Likewise, you aren't seeing any thematic significance in the story opening and closing this way?
>>
>>80390808
The black sun is a bullet hole.
>>
>>80390808
I see it, I just thought that there was something mindblowing that went over my head.
I'm glad there wasn't, because I feel like I'm pretty well versed in my FC lore.
>>
>>80390842
Let me add though that I've only read B&R and the return of bruce wayne once.
Also, I keep meaning to buy the kirby fourth world stuff but I never seem to get around to it.
>>
>>80388159
It simply didn't fit with anything that was going on. It wasn't ignored, it just did its own thing.
>>
>>80388137
>>80388150

How did Jim Starlin fumble the ball so hard? He was meant to be Kirby's successor. Instead this wacky drugged out incomprehensible Scotsman who can't even draw is the only guy that can handle Kirby.
>>
>>80390677
Batman is the reincarnation of Orion.
>>
>>80390826
>>80390931

Actually, that makes a lot of sense. The bullet that killed the Waynes and created Batman reflects Orions helmet.
>>
>>80390896
Geoff Johns seems to have a good handle on them.
>>
>>80390931
b-but Batman was before Orion died
>>
>>80391096
*born
>>
>>80391096
The spirits of the New Gods travelled backwards in time after they died.
>>
Hypercrisis thread!!
>>
>>80391096
If a god is killed by a bullet fired backwards through time; does this mean he reincarnates backwards in time?

Not a hypercrisis fag btw; I never thought of any of this shit until this thread.
>>
BANE?
>>
>>80391096
Ignore Hypercrisis nonsense. The human mind likes to create patterns and connections where they don't exist. There's nothing shocking about a bunch of guys in the same profession in the same industry working on the same characters for decades hitting upon the same ideas and devices from time to time anymore than it is for concepts and incidental details to occasionally click together out of thousands and thousands of comics produced over a century.

The truth is just that Grant, like most writers, wanted to use the trappings of Kirby's Fourth World without actually doing a Fourth World story. He just dressed Batman up with a bit of Orion to enhance and justify Batman's role.

There's nothing inherently clever in metafiction. Stories about stories depend on being genre savvy and well-read. So when you see something you recognize you end up giving yourself a little pat on the back for being smart enough to "get it." Functionally, it's just a method of feeding elitism and cliquishness. It's easy to connect the dots when there's no real grand design to begin with.
>>
File: FC07-013.jpg (589 KB, 1280x1968) Image search: [Google]
FC07-013.jpg
589 KB, 1280x1968
>>80386945
But Orion was shot by future Darkseid.
>>
>>80392295
There is also no Santa Claus.

Jesus, man, kill the fucking buzz, why don't you? We're discussing stupid comics as though there's a point, and there is evidence to support this point, even if there is no point. So why do you have to come in here and try to spoil a perfectly good paranoiac-critical circlejerk?
>>
>>80392295
>Pleb assblasted that he can't into metafiction
>>
>>80390896
Grant can draw.
>>
>>80392295
Ignore people who think that the writer of Final Crisis and the writer of a six year Batman run being the same person is insignificant.

Morrison uses the Hyper-Adapter to retroactively justify Batman and Gotham as literal myth in-universe.
>>
>>80390896
>Instead this wacky drugged out incomprehensible Scotsman who can't even draw is the only guy that can handle Kirby.
Because you're a casual who doesn't read creators like DeMatteis, Giffen, Levitz, Ostrander and Simonson.

Fuck, I hate Morrison threads. They're always filled with casuals.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.