[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone who actually saw it said anything negative? I mean, anyone?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 4
File: 63314976.png (2 MB, 1400x1338) Image search: [Google]
63314976.png
2 MB, 1400x1338
Has anyone who actually saw it said anything negative?
I mean, anyone?
>>
>>80329833

No. Kimmle just said he saw it and it's great. Can't really see him saying that if it was dogshit
>>
>>80329860
They never just say "it was bad" but they don't say good things unless they actually think them. They just keep quiet
>>
No. It's gonna be the best superhero movie this year.
>>
>>80329929

If Deadpool hadn't come out I'd believe this. It looks great and the skit showed that Henry, Ben and even Jesse had great chemistry
>>
>>80329955
>Oh my god...he's Superman...
>>
>>80329929
>>80329955

One thing is for sure, Marvel and Disney are FINISHED!
>>
>>80330071
Ugh.
I've been with DC since the first photo of Superman at the vault, but cut this shit out
>>
I'd say a majority of the inside reports we've gotten have said that the movie is "great". Though, a few weeks ago there were 2 or so people who said they had heard "mixed" feelings from their sources.

No impressions have indicated that this movie is "bad", however.
>>
>>80330145
I'm betting high 70s low 80s on RT
>>
>>80330071

Stop this shit. It's in our best interest if they're all good and push each other to be better. I don't have stock in WB or Disney
>>
>>80330235

75% would be enough for me. Just so I can rub it in the joyless faces of those cunts at /tv/
>>
>>80330236
Nice try, Fox
>>
>>80330145
>2 or so people

You wanna say who those two or so people were? Or are you gonna just sit on it?

Dont worry, I'll do it, it was Devin "Hearing very bad buzz on DAREDEVIL." Faraci and Drew "Joseph Gordon-Levitt absolutely will be appearing in Justice League as the new Batman." Mcweeny.
>>
>>80330071

Please fuck off. It is possible to like something without trying to shit all over people who like something else. You're not doing that. You can like BvS, Man of Steel, Arrow, Flash, and the rest of the DCEU without shitting all over the MCU. Try doing that sometime - you might find it makes you less of a fucking asshole.
>>
>>80330071
Too obvious
>>
It will probably be okay

regardless, /co/ will shitpost over this for months
>>
>>80330252
>Suddenly anything below 95% is shit after that
You know this is how it'll be anon, let's not kid ourselves
>>
>>80330383
>/co/
No, /co/ will like it, /tv/ will come on over to let us know liking it means we're worse than hitler
>>
>>80330392
>>80330252
>>80330235

>caring about RT scores
>>
>>80330439

Oh I don't. But /tv/ does. It's a testament to how little /tv/ knows about film that they treat RT like a sacred cow
>>
>>80330071
Just fuck off with this *company war* shit already.
>>
By the way, a reliable leaker on NeoGAF, who also saw Man of Steel a month early, said the film is "great".

Though, he also mentioned that it's "not better than the Nolan trilogy" and said it's akin to that of The Dark Knight Rises. For comparison, he enjoyed Man of Steel but thought it was flawed.

Take his impression for what you will.
>>
>>80331021
>Take his impression for what you will.
>Liked Man of Steel
a logical one, it was flawed but shitposters blow it way out of proportion
>>
>>80331021
Also, this was his ranking of his favorite superhero movies:

>1. The Dark Knight
>2. Batman Begins
>3. The Dark Knight Rises
>4. Batman v Superman
>5. X2
>6. Blade
>7. Days of Future Past
>8. Winter Soldier
>9. Man of Steel
>10. Guardians of the Galaxy
>11. Iron Man
>12. Blade 2

>Those are all the superhero movies I've really liked. All others were either okay or forgettable.
>>
>>80331021
>and said it's akin to that of The Dark Knight Rises.
Fuck.
We're never going to hear the end of it.
>>
>>80331222
Eh, the internet shitstorm over that movie is completely disconnected from how it was received by the mainstream audience. As long as that holds true here it should be fine.

Besides, this movie was bound to be shit on by the internet, anyway. In fact, it already has been from the beginning.
>>
>>80330252
75% is the highest Snyder ever got.

Dawn of the Dead - 75%
300 - 60%
Watchmen - 65%
Legend of the Guardians - 50%
Sucker Punch - 23%
Man of Steel - 56%

I want it to be in the 90s but that's not happening. It will struggle to be in the 70s, let alone 80s.
>>
>>80330439
Higher RT scores help get higher box office numbers.
>>
>>80331262
>Eh, the internet shitstorm over that movie is completely disconnected from how it was received by the mainstream audience.
I can agree to what you're saying. Problem is, I don't think TDKR was particularly good even without accounting for the memetic annoyance it became..

The dialogue was stilted and pretentious, plot points depend almost entirely on characters acting like idiots when the time comes for the plot to happen, and more importantly, the movie is twice as long as it needs to be so it retreads the same thin plot arc twice for no good reason.
...Actually two of those are identical complaints I had to Man of Steel, and given that they were the same writer that should not be as surprising as it is.
>>
>>80329929
>snyder movie
>good
Pick one
>>
>>80331182
So with the exception of pretty much just GotG and Iron man, this guy only likes the gritter/darker cape movies.

Ehhh. Honestly, I don't see how anyone could consider any Blade movie more than mediocre desu.
>>
>>80331272
>Watchmen has a higher percentage than 300
Well that was unexpected.

I just assumed 300 would be somewhere the high 70s.
>>
>>80330071
>wow this DC movie was really good
>I guess I can never watch a Marvel movie ever again
>>
>>80331182
What a shit ranking. I like The Dark Knight Rises, but its definitely a flawed film. Certainly not better than the Winter Soldier
>>
>>80331182
Jesus Christ, I prefer DC movies but this list is horrendously ranked.
>>
>>80331182

I'm willing to give him Dark Knight and maybe even Batman Begins, but DKR at #3? Holy fucking shit, list is fucking dropped.
>>
So do we know if the Superman theme from MoS will make an appearance in the movie? Or at least a motif from it?
>>
>>80329860
Are you retarded? Do you expect him to say anything different?
>>
>>80332069
Yes. They borrowed a lot from the MoS soundtrack for this film. You can hear a lot of it in the samples released.
>>
>>80331272
Well, his movie always has a fuck rating because it's always revolve around racist or some topic that you better not touch it, some are straight up shit though...Sucker Punch, you see.
>>
>>80331483

Blade is still legit great and Blade 2 is oretty good too. The third one is the only one that is awful.
>>
File: jessica biel.jpg (25 KB, 430x345) Image search: [Google]
jessica biel.jpg
25 KB, 430x345
>>80332379
>The third one is the only one that is awful.
true, though even that one has some positives
>>
WB executives reportedly loved it and gave it a standing ovation.

Test-audiences reportedly were mixed on it. Batman was the highlight for everyone, and Wonder Woman was also pretty well-received.

Apparently it has the same overall hits and misses of "Man of Steel". People that liked it will like "Batman v Superman", and people that didn't probably won't like it.
>>
>>80332596
>Test-audiences reportedly were mixed on it.
Hi there hitfix
>>
>>80332457

Hnnnnnnnnngh.
>>
>>80332635
Latino Review also reported it.

"Mixed" doesn't mean "bad".
>>
File: jessica_biel_yoga_class_02.jpg (138 KB, 400x649) Image search: [Google]
jessica_biel_yoga_class_02.jpg
138 KB, 400x649
>>80332644
best thing about that shit movie

>>80332657
>Latino Review
>Not clickbait
>>
No. No one ever has or ever will say or even think anything remotely negative about this movie and anyone that hints otherwise is a shill for Disney.

By the way advanced ticket sales start today so you better get your seats!
>>
>>80332596
inc pre-viewing negative critic reviews that harp on tone, refusing to actually discuss quality of the movie.
>>
>>80332457
Biel, Reynolds, and Posey were alright.
>>
>>80329860
>Can't really see him saying that if it was dogshit
No talk show host would ever say that. They'd never have another cast remember from a DC/WB show ever again.
>>
>>80332596
>>80332635
>>80332657
>>80332682
>>80333391
Marvel drone and critic aside, I still think BvS is not gonna hit 900 million. DCEU is still very new and casual is still not into it that much.
>>
>>80332080
On a Disney owned network? Yeah.
>>
>>80333464
I think it will have a slightly weaker opening weekend due to man of steel, but word of mouth will spread quickly and it will make it past the billion mark.

The NeoGAF leaker is reliable, and I think audiences still have a thirst for a dark Batman movie, especially if it's comparable to Nolan's movies.
>>
>>80330145
>"mixed" feelings from their sources
I think this is good. I think the movie should be a bit controversial.

Although the follow-up explanation I heard about the "mixed" feelings was usually that marketers are afraid the movie won't appeal to the general movie-going audience, which honestly I also like. The general movie-going audience has fucking shit taste.
>>
>>80331182
>the entire Nolan trilogy at the top
HAHA, wow. What a faggot.
>>
>>80331483
>only likes the gritter/darker cape movies.
I don't think it has anything to do with that. It's just that the "grittier, darker" cape movies are usually the ones that have a stronger narrative direction and therefor end up being more substantial and memorable. All of Marvel's light-hearted movies are extremely cookie-cutter and forgettable. Same for DC's which was basically just Green Lantern.
>>
>>80333500
>Nolan Batman
Dark Knight and Begins are good but DKR was a mess.
>>
>>80333752
For a mess, it did extraordinarily well with audiences, so my point still stands that audiences want a Batman in that vein.
>>
>>80333723

but the "dark, gritty" movies are usually pretentious as fuck if we're honest about it. people liked TWS because it was somewhat gritty but not so pretentious. it was more about the characters than anything.

the nolan movies were horribly pretentious. i hate when people try to weave this grand ideology behind batman and use him as some deep philosophical figure. there are ways to do that to an extent but i think it only works if you embrace all of Batman's weirdness, which the Nolan movies mostly rejected.

I prefer the Twisted Fairy Tale kind of feel/aesthetic to Batman rather than the Gritty Grimdark stuff. If you look at his rogues gallery, that makes sense.
>>
>>80333780
>For a mess, it did extraordinarily well with audiences
It was the finale to an incredibly successful trilogy, and a follow up to the single-most critically acclaimed cape movie of all time. It could have been a steaming pile of shit and it would have done well with audiences. (in my opinion, it was a steaming pile of shit, but I digress)

Casuals don't know what they want when it comes to Batman. As long as the movie has plenty of Batwank, you're usually golden.

>>80333802
>people liked TWS because it was somewhat gritty but not so pretentious.
People liked TWS because it thought it was smarter than the average capeshit, but it was actually easy as fuck to understand, so it made the audience feel a bit smarter. It broke the mold that every Marvel movie had been using since day one and did something a bit different, even though I don't think it did it particularly well.

Feed your prisoners the same gruel for long enough, then one day, give them a baloney sandwich with mustard. It will be hailed as a culinary masterpiece.
>>
>>80333600
>I'm smarter than everyone else!
>>
>>80333858
>People liked TWS because it thought it was smarter than the average capeshit, but it was actually easy as fuck to understand, so it made the audience feel a bit smarter.

Back this up faggot. Find one instance of someone claiming this was a smart movie.
>>
>>80333931
Not everyone, but standard movie-going audiences? Not that bold of a claim, really.
>>
>>80329833
Nobody's seen it yet but preview audiences, whose reviews are property of the studio (and if they want to be invited to more previews and not sued, they won't say anything themselves).

Yes, some of them almost certainly hated it. That's how previews work. You invite people, they watch the movie, they give feedback, you make changes if you feel they have a point.

The only people whose opinions have been released so far are either friends of those on the production or employees of Warner Bros.
>>
>>80333977
>Find one instance of someone claiming this was a smart movie.

>"Superheroic, Yes, But Smart and Subversive Too"
-thewrap.com
>" Captain America: The Winter Soldier is everything a comic-book superhero movie could hope to be: smart, original, exciting and funny."
-Leonard Maltin
>"With an intricate, smart script and a more nuanced moral compass, “Winter Soldier” is not only one of the best—if not the best—additions to the Marvel cinematic universe"
-The Harvard Crimson

There's more plenty more. Just google "Winter Soldier" and "smart/intelligent". It's one of the most common descriptors used in reviews. And where the fuck where you when this movie first came out? 90% of /co/ was claiming it was Marvel's Citizen Kane.
>>
>>80333802
>but the "dark, gritty" movies are usually pretentious as fuck if we're honest about it.
>the nolan movies were horribly pretentious
"Intelligent movies fucking offend me because I am a god damn dumb ass faggot" the post
>>
>>80334146

casualfag detected
>>
Most have.
>>
>>80334171
No I am pretty sure casuals are the ones that think comics & comic related material should only be campy dumbed down quip fest.
>>
>>80331182
That's a terrible list
>>
>>80334146
the nolan movies were neither intelligent nor pretentious. I have no idea what you guys are smoking
>>
>>80334146
>Nolan movies
>intelligent
>>
>>80334194
They're retarded. The movies only seem "pretentious" after the fact because they got so much praise. In and of themselves, they're not pretentious at all, and that's coming from someone who doesn't particularly like them.
>>
>>80334219
"Being good and getting critically praised for being good is a flaw"...
Fuck you, you insane piece of hipster trash.
>>
>>80329833

Nope not really. Anyone who's claimed to see it, or has sources who's seen it, says it's great.
>>
File: money.jpg (159 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
money.jpg
159 KB, 800x450
>>80329860
Yeah, I can't imagine why he would say it's great.
>>
Frank Grillo told us he saw it at Wizard World Cleveland.

He said it was good but for his money he'd see Civil War because of how many little things there are to pick up on.
>>
>>80334352
So, at least it's not shit. Why does he mention Civil War, anyways? Isn't it coming in April?
>>
>>80334247
That's no what I said at all. I just said one of the reasons people say they're pretentious is because they're so acclaimed. Never said it was a flaw, it's just a perception that enables an unfair criticism. I'm actually defending the films, even though I don't like them.
>>
>>80334352
>"You should watch the movie that I'm in instead of the movie that I'm not in."
no shit
>>
>>80330122
>>80330236
>>80330308
>>80330698
>>80331617
No wonder tv hates co you guys are rational and mature. tv is more like Jerry Springer on crack.
>>
>>80335332
>tv
>co
Fuck off tourist
>>
Apparently all the test audiences, yeah.
>>
>>80331483
Blade is a great movie
Its not bad by any means and still holds up almost 20 years later
>>
>>80331182
So we can completely disregard his opinions on these matters, got it.
>>
>>80334421
Probably because Frank Grillo is in Civil War.
>>
>>80332596
I think you are being generous with the mos comparisons
You should be saying if you like Batman you will enjoy this movie
If you like Superman you won't
>>
>>80332379
Blade 2 is a classic. Better than dkr for sure . Literally bad guys holding they're guns and waiting to attacc batman one at a time
>>
Any UK /co/mrades know if the midnight premiere tickets go on sale at midnight tonight or tomorrow morning?
>>
>>80333723
Just come out and admit your a dc fag. You secretly hope dicc and midnighter end up together so you have some jacc off material . You don't have to come up with thisbullshit excuse
>>
>>80335647
phone posting is for faggots, anon
>>
>>80334146
Hur dur ma dc
Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.