[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>You're in a job interview. >"Mr. Anon, you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 4
File: Diversity Hire.jpg (900 KB, 5760x3321) Image search: [Google]
Diversity Hire.jpg
900 KB, 5760x3321
>You're in a job interview.
>"Mr. Anon, you say here you're an avid reader. What's your favorite book?"
>In a panic, you blurt out the name of the last comic you read

How fucked are you?
>>
"Tails gets trolled"
"Get out of my office. "
>>
>Fight Club 2.

>Oh I see.
>>
>>80308577

>"Crossed."
>"Position's been filled."
>>
>>80308577
I'm lucky. To the heart of the storm by Eisner
>>
File: spider-man shoot self.jpg (115 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
spider-man shoot self.jpg
115 KB, 800x600
>>80308577
>It says here you like cartoons. What's your current favorite?

Oh fuck why did I write that on my resume?!
>>
>"Kingdom Come"
>"Damn, son, respect."
>>
Atlas shrugged
>>
> Love and Rockets
> Excuse me, I need to tell the other applicants they can all go home
>>
Nah, I worked at a bookstore too long. I have automatic responses ingrained depending on the situation.
In this one? Guy in a suit, semi professional setting? Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six. Also my go to for guys over 50.
Most other situations it's Neil Gaiman's American Gods.
>>
>>80308707
>>80308627

I doubt most people would know it enough.
>>
>Sandman Mystery Theater
>Oh my daughter just loves Neil Gaiman.
>>
>>80308577
>Oglaf

>implying normalfags know what it is
>>
>>80308824
Well, there was a crossover. Maybe the interviewer knows this and is testing you.
>>
>"Uh...UHH....I'LL CUM IN MY LITTLE SISTER AND HER FRIENDS TOO!"
>>
>>80308670
>>"Position's been filled"

By a horsecock?
>>
>>80308577
>Dark Knight Returns
>Same
>>
>>80308851
That's not a comic, Anon.
>>
>>80308931
was gonna post this
>>
>>80308577
>Hellboy in hell

Then I stare him down
>>
>>80308976
>Does that mean I should get used to you showing up late for work, Mr. Anon?
>>
>The Sword
Oh I picked the wrong time to read a story time of pain.
>>
>>80309435
Fuckin kek
>>
>>80308577
>complete calvin and hobbes collection
I'll be fine.
>>
Shade the Changing Man
>>
>I Never Liked You
Actually is my favourite book. Dude probably won't recognise it anyway
>>
>"They're Not Like Us"
>Nowhere Men is better. Better luck next time
>>
>>80308577
"Bitch Planet"
>>
>>80309710
>I also like watered-down grindhouse pastiche warped into a tumblr-friendly feminist hugbox; you've got the job, Anon.
>>
>Kraven's Last Hunt
>You either get the job or get the job.
>>
>>80309516
Followup question:
>"Interesting, Mr. Anon. How do you feel about 21st century Milligan?"
>>
>>80308577
American Splendor

I should be okay, providing they even know about it. It sounds enough like a novel that I'd get away with it anyway.
>>
>Runaways, by Brain K. Vaughan
>never herd of it, let's move on.
>>
>>80308851
What comic is that?
>>
>>80308577
>Nextwave!!
>Is like shakespeare?
>but with lots more punching

I'm second on commando for the next day
>>
>>80308577
>blacksad
Anon you are a furry
>>
The Mask

Chances are they'd assume it's some obscure novel they've never heard of. Most people don't know the movie was based on a comic.
>>
Nemesis, out of morbid curiosity.
How fucked am I?
>>
>>80311611
>Google Search, commonly referred to as Google Web Search or Google, is a web search engine owned by Google Inc. It is the most-used search engine on the World Wide Web,[4] handling more than three billion searches each day.[5][6] As of February 2015 it is the most used search engine in the US with 64.5% market share.[7]

>The order of search on Google's search-results pages is based, in part, on a priority rank called a "PageRank". Google Search provides many different options for customized search, using Boolean operators such as: exclusion ("-xx"), alternatives ("xx OR yy OR zz"), and wildcards ("Winston * Churchill" returns "Winston Churchill", "Winston Spencer Churchill", etc.).[8] The same and other options can be specified in a different way on an Advanced Search page.

>The main purpose of Google Search is to hunt for text in publicly accessible documents offered by web servers, as opposed to other data, such as images or data contained in databases. It was originally developed by Larry Page and Sergey Brin in 1997.
>>
Gotham Central tbqh
>>
>>80308577
(Spoken tearfully): The Transformers: The Last Stand of the Wreckers, sir. I'll see myself out.
>>
File: 1430559676177.png (220 KB, 321x333) Image search: [Google]
1430559676177.png
220 KB, 321x333
>Inran Dark Elf Bonyuu Onse Yado
>>
>"t-tonkato
>"have a seat, anon"
>>
>>80308577
>itt: people who have never had a job and have no idea how interviews, résumés, or CVs work.
fucking neets
>>
>browsed /aco/ for the past hour
>finished up with Palcomix
Aw jeez
>>
Camp Wedonwancha

But only because it happens to be last on my list of comics to check weekly
>>
Inflation comic in the rogue thread

I'm fucked
>>
No one really cares about your hobbies or habits during a job interview. Their superiors have already decided whether or not to hire you.

If you have connections in the company, you have a good chance of getting in. If you went to a prestigious university or have already worked at prestigious companies, you'll probably get in. Otherwise, your chances are usually about one in ten, assuming they're actually looking to hire someone.

It's a sad fact that most job interviews are just a matter of interviewers going through the motions.
>>
>>80308577
>The Longbow Hunters
Sounds artsy enough to be safe. Wouldn't happen anyway, I always say my favorite book is The Chessmen of Mars.
>>
>>80312177
>>80313432
Oh shit guys, I'm starting to think this thread isn't supposed to be a realistic simulation of a real-life scenario.
>>
>>80312050
Who the Fried FUCKCHICKEN would google THAT?
>>
File: 1338683547573.gif (937 KB, 420x233) Image search: [Google]
1338683547573.gif
937 KB, 420x233
>Chronicles of the Lensman
I just really like Green Lantern, sir.
>>
Judge Dredd - the IDW run.
>>
>Vader Down
>Oh, one of those Star Wars Books?
>Yeah, it's surprisingly well written.

Damn I'm Smooth.
>>
>>80313682
Someone curious? It's just an Oreimo doujinshi after all, no big deal.
>>
>>80308577
>Grant Morrison's run on Animal Man
>Thats like that green guy on that show on cartoon network?My niece likes that guy.
>>
>Hellboy
Either he knows it and it goes excellent or he doesn't and I sound childish.
>>
>>80312177
You'd be surprised. For grunt jobs it might not come up, but for higher levelled jobs where there's can be a dinner component, hobby questions do come up. Let me tell you, those questions can be a bitch unless you have some good canned answers.
>>
FOLLOW UP QUESTION TO YOUR ANSWER

Can you explain the meaning/importance of that comic to me anon?
>>
>>80308577
>Judge Dredd
Maybe he's seen Dredd 3D, that was cool
>>
>>80314777
Nobody saw that movie though, that's why they aren't making a sequel either. Yes, I'm fucking mad.
>>
spiderman 2099

oglaf if it counts
>>
>>80314551
My waifu is in it.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.