[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm more excited for this than any upcoming marvel movie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8
File: 1.jpg (73 KB, 1600x800) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
73 KB, 1600x800
I'm more excited for this than any upcoming marvel movie

>Care Blanchett
>Natalie Portman
>Enchantress

What do you expect from this?
>>
Jesus Christ you are delusional.
>>
Thorposter please stop.
I get your trying to prove /co/ hates woman by citing Natalie Portman as a constant positive alongside the romance but they're just bad
>>
>>80306477
>Enchantress
Anon, no.
>>
>No Bill

What's even the point ?
>>
>>80306477
>Ragnarok, literally meaning the death of the gods
>Film will be a buddy cop comedy film with Hulk and Thor.

Lost potential unless there's a huge shift in tone half way through.
>>
It was announced that there won't be any Selvig shenanigans.

So that's pretty good.
>>
>no Bill
>Jane still around
>Hulk hanging around for no reason
Eh. Maybe it can manage to be better than Thor 2
>>
>>80306477
>Hulk taking away focus from Thor
>Beta Ray Bill loses out on team up
>Surtur isn't the villain
>Sif and the warriors 3 sidelined again
It's going to disappoint
>>
>>80306590
no now we have crazy homeless Odin shnanigans
>>
>>80306668
I thought Hopkins wasn't coming back
>>
>>80306477
>>Natalie Portman
Please kill her off, please kill her off, please kill her off, please kill her off, please oh please just kill her off already.
>>
Why are the subs for this so fucking slow
>>
>>80306477
>Chris Hemsworth
it's gonna be shit.
>>
Chris Hemsworth told us he just got the script for it last night but he hasn't read it yet.
>>
File: 1.jpg (345 KB, 1200x1717) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
345 KB, 1200x1717
>>80306492
>>80306498
>>80306583
>>80306639

This movie will be good. I just hope it will be gotg good.
And what's with the Natalie Portman hate all of a sudden?
>>
What in the history of the live action Thor franchise or the MCU has convinced you that this will be watchable?
>>
>>80306477
>What do you expect from this?

Quips.
>>
>>80306841
she's an idiot who wants money but hates what she has to do for it.
>>
>>80306852
Atleast the director is actually funny.
He's isn't writing though I guess.
>>
>>80306841
All of a sudden? People were hating on her since day one, and it only got exacerbated by the second movie.
>>
>>80306841
She gambled that the Thor films wouldn't go anywhere and signed a 3 movie contract, expecting to only do one. She's kinda like Jennifer Lawrence in the X-men films, they're both bored with the material and angry they aren't getting paid as much as they think they're worth.
>>
File: 1.jpg (65 KB, 550x813) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
65 KB, 550x813
>>80306892
>>80306843
Thor 1 and 2
Natalie is really underrated

I hope they use the helmet
>>
>>80306887
I could get into a Taika-styled awkward satire of Thor, but it's already the third movie in a series inside a multibillion franchise, so he'll be there just as a studio puppet, unfortunately.
>>
File: 1454381272374.jpg (758 KB, 981x3400) Image search: [Google]
1454381272374.jpg
758 KB, 981x3400
>>80306477
I was too, back when the news began and ended with "they want to Winter Soldier this shit".
Then the news kept coming, and coming, and coming...
>>80306668
That was from the actual comics at least. Form a Ragnarok too, check out the storytime in desustorage.
>>
>>80306765
Even if Odin wasn't he'd have to anyway, considering Loki's running around wearing his fucking face.
>>80306933
Ditching the helmet was the best choice they ever made desu
>>
File: IDGAF.gif (731 KB, 333x223) Image search: [Google]
IDGAF.gif
731 KB, 333x223
>>80306477
Its going to be shit
>>
>>80307147
No
>>
>>80307094
That about sums up my attitude to the Marvel movies.
>>
>>80306477
Is Natalie Portman even gonna be in this one?
>>
>>80308077
>Leaving the main character of the Thor franchise out of the third movie.
>Not getting rid of shitlord Thor so they can introduce the REAL Thor to the MCU.

Ninja, please.
>>
File: Spooky Thor.png (709 KB, 1366x565) Image search: [Google]
Spooky Thor.png
709 KB, 1366x565
>>THOR!!!
>>YOU MUST GO ON A ROADTRIP WITH THE HULK!!!
>>
>>80306477
>Natalie Portman
i dont expect nothing from her as usual
>>
>>80306477
everybody dies
>>
why is hulk in this?
setting up planet hulk?
>>
>>80306933
PUNISHED ODINSON, A FALLEN LEGEND
>>
When Feige admitted they fucked up Thor i was hopeful. But that's the thing, this is a salvage mission to save the franchise. And they are already fucking it up by replacing BRB with Hulk. And Ragnarok CAN NOT be told in one movie.

>leave first movie, just make better
>second movie, trash it or at least have it that Malakith was awakened by Surtur. After credit scene Surtur finishing his sword.

They fucked up the franchise.
>>
>>80309550
>>Hulk in a film
>>ARE THEY SETTING UP PLANET HULK?!
Every...single...film...
>>
>>80309758
From what I gather, Thor 2 was supposed to be bigger, but they were in such a rush with finding a director and I'm guessing the budget was slashed that it became a mediocre filler film.

The biggest problem with the Thor franchise is that it had to be part of the Avengers. The first film had to have a reason for Thor to be on Earth to team up with the Avengers. The second film was that they tried to continue the plot of the first, but just had filler. They didn't go big fast enough, and now we have a franchise that's barely the potential Thor has.

Also, why does everyone act like films have to be multiple parts? What the hell will they fill out the two Ragnorok films with anyways?
>>
>>80309788
HULK SOLO FILM WHEN?!
>>
File: taika.jpg (96 KB, 595x324) Image search: [Google]
taika.jpg
96 KB, 595x324
All I want is someone calling someone else an "Igg".

Seriously though, even if the movie is more comedic and less dark than expected because of this guy, it will still be a great fucking movie, because the characters will feel real and innocent.

Taika Waititi is the man, everyone should watch his other three movies.
>>
>>80309893
I found the first Thor was fine. Wasn't great but introduced a lot of characters fairly well. Loki, Thor, Sid, Odin and even Selvig was good in the first movie. Second one did nothing.

As for Ragnarok having setup. How can it not. If you want to do it well there are a fuck ton of gods and demons and hero's to introduce to do it right
World serpent
Fenrir
BRB
Surtur
World tree death
An actual enemy
And for fuck sakes Balder is the most important part of the story. He isn't even in the movies so unless he was introduced at least a movie before his death means nothing!
>>
>>80310115
They are not going to go that route, man. They will have Asgard destroyed by some other means.

I'm betting it'll be a roadmovie of Thor/Hulk/Sif travelling the 9 realms trying to stop Hela/Loki and succeed, only to have Thanos show up in the last 2 minutes and break the Asgard Island in two with his hands and whatever Gem he might have. Cutting to black on Thor's face seeing his home destroyed.
>>
>>80310173
>Ragnarok by Thanos
Just fuck off with this franchise then
>>
File: I HATE YOUUU.png (456 KB, 516x513) Image search: [Google]
I HATE YOUUU.png
456 KB, 516x513
>>80306477
>Natalie Portman
STOP
>>
>>80310277
Why not, it's not like they have time to introduce all the players that are missing.

Might as well have something that services the bigger story, while still having a good movie. Make it about a profecy that they are trying to avoid, bud end up causing.
>>
>>80310366
My initial point was more than one movie to do Ragnarok. You just proved me right. A Titan CAN work into Thor but it will still not be Ragnarok, it will just be a war not the death of all the gods.

Though, i would love to see Thanos do to Hulk what he did to Loki
>puny...
>>
>>80306841
I don't have a problem with her, I just have a problem with her character. I do have a problem with Kat Dennings in general, though.

My problem with Jane, which is true of other anons in this thread that I've seen, is that she takes focus away from Sif, and the fact that she's a pretty boring character doesn't help at all.

Kat Dennings is just a sub-par actress, even if she has glorious breasts.
>>
>>80310526
But Ragnarok Ragnarok was out of question by 2013 when they put out TDW.

I was just trying to keep some quality to the story whilst being 'faithful' to the title.

I, for one, believe in Waititi. The dude is one of my favorite directors. Speaking of which, the captcha was about eggs.
>>
Why does /co/ hate the Hershlag?
>>
>>80306933
>Natalie is really underrated
She won an Oscar and several Golden Globes. It's kinda difficult to call someone "underrated" when they're an award-winning actress.
>>
>>80310366
>>80310277
I would hate that. It would make Thor 3 just and advertisement for Infinity Wars instead of standing on its own.
>>
>>80310641
You're missing the point of my 'spec', though.

I'm saying, have the crazy adventure and stop Loki/Hela from fucking up Asgard, and in 1 minute Thanos shows up and fucks it up out of nowhere.

99% of the movie would not be setup. I't not perfect, obviously, but it's a salvage job at this point.
>>
>>80306477
Very fucking little.

Hey, at least it probably won't disappoint.

Because we all expect it to be, at best, a messy pile of shit.
>>
>>80310601
Guy who did green lantern?
>>
It'll be better than TDW.
>>
>>80309893
I find it interesting that they are moving Thor, Hulk, Scarlet Witch, and Vision away from Earth.

That of course enables them to fight Thanos without having to job to normies like Widow and Hawkeye.
>>
>>80310787
Was IN green lantern. Didn't make it.

His three movies: Boy, What We Do In the Shadows and Hunt for the Wilderpeople are all fucking great. He also directed a couple of Flight of the Conchords episodes, and is pals with Jemaine and Brett.

He manages to capture a very innocent and humble nature in his stuff, that I think would work wonders with Thor's lack of personality thus far. He also name-dropped the Hulk in his first movie, funnily enough.

It helps that he's a kiwi. He can make comedy stick very very well. He makes his jokes' punchlines' timing so unpredictable, even after a second watch, so even if it's a comedy it'll at least be a great one. He's usually better than the Russos, in my opinion. He's a huge troll, and loves baiting people on twitter.

I recommend his first movie: Boy. It's very very good.
>>
This movie should be the ultimate resolution of the brotherly conflict thats been built between Thor and Loki, how that can be sidelined for Thor Hulk team up is insane. I mean I guess we dont really know right now, but the premises suggested doesnt bring hope.

That being said I think Blanchet is a perfect casting for Hela, jsut look at her Dark Galadriel scenes, that's pretty much Hela right there. Kat Dennings needs to be evicted from the movie years ago. I wish we'd get to see Enchantress (and Executioner) but I doubt we will. Who do you guys think would be a good casting for her? It's always hard to find people that fit the role of impossibility beautiful.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.