[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone please explain me the popularity of Masha and the Bear?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5
File: masha_and_the_bear_01.png (843 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
masha_and_the_bear_01.png
843 KB, 800x800
Can someone please explain me the popularity of Masha and the Bear?
>>
Old style slapstick. The Father Christmas episode was hilarious
>>
>>80302426
Because this show was a huge technical achievement for Russia.
>>
>>80303622
Ok, real talk time. Can one of the many russianfags here give us a status on Russia? Like how fucked up is the situation there? Does the rest of the world needs to fear a new rise in Communism and Czar Putin?
>>
>>80304271
>Czar Putin
You western plebeians really think he is magical, don't you
>>
>>80304316
>magical
No.
>Plotting something sinister
YES.
>>
>>80302426
the animation is seriously amazing
>>
>>80302426
It's funny and lighthearted. Reminds me of some of the Western influenced Soviet cartoons like "Nu Pogodi!"
>>
File: arguing on the internet.gif (935 KB, 500x361) Image search: [Google]
arguing on the internet.gif
935 KB, 500x361
Little kids love innocent slapstick
>>
>>80304271
>Czar Putin.
GTFO and take your /pol/ shit with you. We talking about animation here.
>>
>>80304316
And you too.
>>
>>80304271
Real wages dropped 10% in six months, everyone is using dollars because the ruble is in free fall and visas are being frozen.

Also italy alone now has an economy bigger than russia.

Why americans consider that failed mafia state a rival is beyond me.
>>
>>80302426
Animated cartoons (especially 3D ones) are rather lacking in Russia.

Not just this cartoon, American 3D animated movies are a goodie in Russia. That's why 3D animation are so loved in Russia.
>>
>>80302426
Russians love bears and little girls.
>>
>>80305086
Sheeeit.

Sources?Is there anything mentioned in Russian news that we didn't get to hear about in the west?
>>
>>80305086
Russia is also now producing cheese they make look like it's from Germany because they are cut off from imports of superior Teutonic dairy.
Seriously, I found French butter and German puddings as far away as in fucking Vietnam as part of the regularly offered products. Being cut off from European food supplies is a hard blow for EU neighbors.
>>
>>80304316
Agreed on that point. Studying Russian and Eurasian politics concludes that the Putin we and Russians see is nothing but a carefully constructed image, Putin himself is like a Matreskha doll. Also he's not all powerful, he relies on his Silovoki (Strong Men) and his 'little Putins' to manage the 85 federal regions of Russia. In addition, the problems that plagued the Soviet Union didn't really go away, you still have former and current bureaucrats that are a class in themselves, who Putin needs to hold Russia together.
>>
>>80305172
>French butter and German puddings in Vietnam
Are you sure these weren't just a franchise?
Nobody transports such simple food that far away, unless it's some special butter for fancy fags.
>>
>>80305123
Wages dropped 8.4 percent and ruble inflated 12.9 percent in just one month in december 2015. That's how bad those fucks have it and rightly so. Visas being frozen is just a rumor at this point but I doubt ruskies are going to have it any easier now that border checks are starting to be reimplemented between schengen states.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-russia-economy-idUSKCN0VR22U
>>
>>80305351
They bore stamps of their places of origin, claiming production in Europe.
They were also rather expensive.
Especially the butter was going at about thrice the rate it would go in Europe, but the shelves were full of it.
I would think it was a kind of luxury item to them. Much like the Japanese chocolate.

Fun fact: After the Vietnam War many Vietnamese fled to Germany, among other places. This might be a reason why I witnessed kebab shops in Ho Chi Minh City that erroneously linked the food to German tradition, when it is almost exclusively sold by the Turkish minority in Germany.
>>
To answer OP: we all fapped to Laundry Day and keep watching in case another episode has Masha take a bunch of showers and tool around in a diaper or maybe less.
>>
>>80302426
Russia is obsessed with Bears. That's why Open Season has a million sequels, it made a shitload of money in Russia and so Sony decided to specifically pander to them, which is also why one of those sequels is based around a circus.
>>
>>80306334
Wow I had no idea it had any.
>>
>>80304316
Compared to what Americans have, yes.
>>
>>80305118
As does /co/!
>>
>>80304316
>implying it doesn't require magic to keep winning elections with 120% of the votes
>>
>>80304316
he's not magic, he's just a tyrant lizard king
>>
>>80306277
please kill yourself
>>
>>80305362
I just got an American visa last month.
It's true that the ruble inflated more than 12% in a month and that sucks, but only because I'm sed to ordering things from other countries and travel abroad a lot. Those who don't do that stuff haven't really felt the change, so apart from Moscow and Saint Petersburg, I'd say that most Russians haven't even felt that change.

>>80305086
>everyone is using dollars
now that's just bullshit
>>
>>80306334
>made a shitload of money in Russia
>$6 650 000
um
>>
>>80307087
Is that in normal God fearing American dollars or in that wacky commie russian money?
>>
>>80307148
What do you think $ means?
>>
>>80307040
> now that's just bullshit
Everyone used dollars in the 90s, I've seen it myself.

Thanks dog I got the fuck away to Yurop.
>>
>>80307163
It means money, what else? Wait, you telling to tell me that russian money uses a different symbol?
>>
>>80307170
Well, guess what, It's not 90s anymore, you fucking tool.
Stop spouting shit, if you don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>80307170
Jesus, how old are you?
Sure, everyone tried to make money any way they could when USSR collapsed. You know, 25 years ago.

>>80307194
I'd be horrified at American education, but I've spent 2 years in one of your schools, so I'm not even surprised.
>>
I honestly don't understand its popularity.
There are much interesting modern russian cartoons than Masha. Smeshariki for example.
...or it called Kikoriki in international release?
Did anyone heard about Kikoriki?
>>
>>80307170
Wasn't there also a black market for blue jeans in the 90's or something?
>>
>>80307271
I'm not American, anon.And I was just messing with you, no need to get upset.
>>
>>80307271
>I'd be horrified at American education,
So not only does american schools make you dumber, it also removes your ability to spot obvious jokes.

>>80307272
>Kikoriki
If you had posted literally anything from it, people might recognize it while scrolling.
An image or a youtube link for example.
>>
>>80307286
No, that was in the 60s-70s
>>
>>80307349
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slWpFQ3LZ1s
>>
File: sme.jpg (28 KB, 320x208) Image search: [Google]
sme.jpg
28 KB, 320x208
>>80307349
One of my favorite episodes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUQJVmiTOMs
>>
>>80307304
>>80307349
Sorry, it's just that I HAVE met Americans who are that dumb... when I traveled to Texas. Though to be fair, there are dumb people everywhere, I guess.
>>
>>80307358
Oh, well at least I know that the blue jeans black market was a thing.
Kind of like North Korea's chocolate cake black market.
>>
КPЫMHAШ
>>
>>80307844
Soglasen, bratan))
>>
>>80302426
It's darn good. Even when I can't speak Russian I can still understand what's going on in each episode.
>>
The ruble to dollar exchange rate is pretty ridiculous
didn't stop me from spending $20 on Baron Zemo in AA though
>>
>>80307272
Smeshariki's the smarter cartoon. It occasionally touches upon serious topics like depression and shit.
>>
It's fun
>>
>>80307412
The Italian dub theme song is one of the comfiest things ever.
>Searches it
>Only the 40 seconds TV size is uploaded and not the full 2:30 version
Damn.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKmj0DZeHUc
>>
>that animation

I swear, russki and slav magic is real.
>>
>>80304271
Пpивeт. We are survived worst. The world should fear america and its band of wallstreet jews.
>>
>>80302426
Kids are stupid
>>
>>80305123
Дa. Stalker cosplayer made it to the news latly. Cheeki breeki is getting mainstream here.
>>
>>80310659
I haven't heard about this. More?

>>80305362
How will those checks make it worse for some dude living in Volvograd?

Thanks btw. These are the sanctions, I take it?
>>
>>80311295
Dont tell american pigs but we had another nuclear meltdown we covered up.
>>
>>80307834
There was a black market for virtually anything from the west in the soviet block almost all the way from the 50s to 80s, did you think people in a union of totalitarian regimes which at times had problems even with distributing own products between themselves would have wide access to anything made in capitalist countries?
>>
>>80307272
The movie comes out in three weeks, might help promote them:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbMwkvSr0xY
>>
Isn't that bear's name Misha in russian?
>>
>>80302426
It promotes Communism
>>
>>80315305
I wouldn't call it a proper name. "Misha" is the generic way we call all bears, kind of like you could call a random cat "tom cat". It goes back to folklore.
>>
>>80311295
>volvograd
As in east berlin? Not much if you have a passport.

As for the russian economy tanking its do to both the sanctions and oil prices dropping like a stone. That's what you get for being belligerent fuckwits with a banana republic economy.
>>
File: 1453306037149.jpg (85 KB, 558x344) Image search: [Google]
1453306037149.jpg
85 KB, 558x344
>>80302426
It's genuinely funny and I never started a thread on /co/ and prayed to god this board would never find out about it since I wouldn't be able to bear the eventual influx of lewd comments about it.
Now I see two OPs about it...

>>80306277
My suffering has begun.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.