[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
As someone with little prior knowledge of the character outside
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3
As someone with little prior knowledge of the character outside of a few pages posted here and knowing Reynolds has had a long standing boner for him, this was a pretty solid genre-fusion superhero deconstruction. What does this mean for superhero movies going forward? On an unrelated tangent, what capeshit would you want to see Tarantino or the Coen Bros helm?
>>
>>80280667
>the Coen Bros
Howard the Duck.

Full stop.
>>
Considering we know for an absolute fact that Tarantino gets everything wrong about super heroes, none.
>>
>>80280667
> genre-fusion superhero deconstruction

My mind went to all those tumbler shits that try to place a label on every possible type of sexual orientation.
>>
I'd rather the Coens do the Kavalier and Clay movie.
>>
my greatest fear is that everyone will try to cash in on R rated films but will be R in all the wrong ways.
>>
>>80280667
>Tarantino
Luke Cage. like I think was planned at some point.
>>
>>80280717
Example?
>>
File: Question 18.jpg (545 KB, 1024x728) Image search: [Google]
Question 18.jpg
545 KB, 1024x728
>>80280667
I would do unspeakable things for a Question movie by the Coen Bros based on O'Neil's run.
>>
>>80280790

The entire Superman Speech in Kill Bill 2.
>>
>>80280667
>What does this mean for superhero movies going forward?

More R rated stuff
>>
>>80280757
My one hope is that Marvel does something with Howard that doesn't shy away from ACTUAL SATIRE.
>>
>>80280717
I wouldn't want him to touch an existing property, but A superhero movie by Tarantino would be entertaining.
>>
>>80280790
The whole Superman speech. He manages to prove he doesn't know jack shit about superman, batman, and spiderman in under 30 seconds.
>>
>>80280667
>On an unrelated tangent, what capeshit would you want to see Tarantino or the Coen Bros helm?

Tarantino joked about doing a Luke Cage movie decades ago.

I think the Coens have no interest. They've gotten a little weirder as they've gotten older.
>>
>>80280667
>What does this mean for superhero movies going forward?

I'd like it to mean plots where the world/universe isn't at stake all the goddamn time. I don't care if it makes me simple minded, but I can't bring myself to give a shit about that kind of thing. I prefer conflicts that are character driven. Sure, "bad guy kidnaps love interest" is just as cliche, not saying the plot to Deadpool was amazing, but it's a hell of a lot more relatable than "big science machine that will kill everyone!" Even if I count as 'everyone'.
>>
>>80280889
>I think the Coens have no interest. They've gotten a little weirder as they've gotten older

They'd probably do something closer to the old pulp heroes, if anything.
>>
>>80280824
>>80280864
>>80280790

The titular Bill, a ruthless sociopath, has a creepy and wrong opinion about the Superman/Clark Kent dynamic.

I bat you guys think Lolita is about a little girl seducing a grown man and that the author must have been a pedophile.
>>
>>80280824
I thought that speech was just Bill trying to hammer a point that beatrix was a killer no matter how much she pretend she wasn't. In the end he was still in the wrong anyway so maybe not?
>>
>>80280929

They'd probably do something Watchmen-light, ridiculing the empowerment fantasy of vigilantes and satirizing superheroes.
>>
>>80280889
Yeah, if anything, I could see the Coens doing some fucked up dramedy about the CCA era comic book industry.
>>
So is deadpool good? As a fan of the characters real work,not that waypool shit, Im actually curious.
>>
>>80281000
>The Fall of the House of EC
>With Jeff Bridges as William Gaines
>>
>>80281000
I'd watch it.
>>
>>80280942
That might be true, except all of Tarantino's movies are filled with monologues where he likes to sock puppet all the trivia he's so proud of himself for knowing. I'd bet body tissue that was his legit ignorance captured on film.
>>
Tarantino is never, ever going to do a Marvel movie. He burned all bridges with Disney recently.
>>
>>80281072
It takes all its cues from Kelly and Posehn & Duggan.

The sequel already established that it's going to be taking cues from Nicieza.
>>
>>80280942

Come on, that's classic Tarentino dialogue where he masturbates over how smart he is. If he was trying to have Bill be wrong about Superman, he would have had Beatrix say the contrary with an equally long speech about how neither Daily Planet Clark nor Superman are the real Clark, and the Clark that grew up in Kanasas on a farm with two loving parents is not only how Clark sees himself, but how he sees humanity.

>>80280955

Yeah, the context of the speech in the movie is exactly that. But if he had used Batman vs Bruce duality, then it would have been right.
>>
It means most likely we're going to see a lot of hollow, edgy R rated movies that missed the point of Deadpool, or that everything is going to seem shitty in comparison. Only thing that was even close to this faithful in recent memory is maybe the Thomas Jane Punisher and it did fairly poor.
>>
>>80281188
>and Posehn & Duggan.
Not really. In fact, not even remotely, considering the script was written before P&D even started, and none of the slight changes to the script (like swapping Cannonball out for NSTW) were taken from P&D.

It was just straight Kelly inspired. Presumably the sequel will take after Cable and Deadpool. If we get a third movie then I could see some cues from P&Ds run, but this movie certainly didn't take any.
>>
>>80280743
Figured if I didn't get a discussion going I'd at least get someone to say something along these lines
>>
>>80280920
I completely agree. There's a lot of freedom in simplicity.
>>
What cape would Wes Anderson direct?
>>
>>80280824

But Clark is a costume metaporically
>>
>>80281321

Considering I never want to see Shiklah in the movies, I'd rather they never get to Posehn/Dugg

I'd rather they keep riffing on kelly and nici obviously for cable/deadpool

Hopefully Morena can either go full copycat or they can use her as kelly era domino/copycat

or siryn comes along
>>
>>80280667
Tarantino doing a Heroes For Hire movie would have been cool
>>
>>80280667
>Tarantino
>Superheroes

The day Tarantino directs a superhero movie, I'll eat every fedora on 4chan.
>>
>>80281581
Animal Man.
>>
File: ferrig.jpg (207 KB, 897x791) Image search: [Google]
ferrig.jpg
207 KB, 897x791
Tarantino
>>
>>80281321
>>80282195
>>80281321

Okay this movie sounds pretty sweet then. I hope it really is worth a watch. Don't fail me guys.
>>
>>80280815
lol did the artist forget to draw his face?
>>
>>80281581
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UngE0qn3VRY
this
>>
>>80284140
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5KfHEoZDKI
>>
>>80283905
You haven't heard of The Question before have you?
>>
>>80280667
>coen brothers

nothing. they're above this dreck.
>>
>>80280824
Thing is Bill is at least half right if we are just talking about golden/early silver age Supes, which is the version that Bill would be most familiar with. In that era Clark really was just a facade to hide his identity, in fact the main reason he was a reporter is because it made it easier for him to find crimes to stop. Later writers realized that Clark was the real person and superman was the mask. The same thing happened in reverse with Bruce Wayne/Batman.

He's wrong about Clark being a comment on humanity though, he's just acting like the opposite of superman to throw off suspicion.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.