[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did you trick me into thinking this was good, /co/? >Most
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 8
File: deadpool_ver10.jpg (108 KB, 517x755) Image search: [Google]
deadpool_ver10.jpg
108 KB, 517x755
Why did you trick me into thinking this was good, /co/?

>Most of the movie wasted on extremely boring backstory
>Tries way too hard to be quirky and funny
>Extremely bland story and villains
>Literally only 2 major fight scenes
>Jokes are pretty much the entire point of the film and they weren't even that good most of the time

This movie could have really used more Colossus and Negasonic. They really help bring out the best in Memepool's character.
>>
>>80273008
Well, that's just you're opinion, man.
>>
>>80273045
This
>>
>>80273078

Prepare for a third such ban.
>>
>>80273045
*your
silly me
>>
>>80273008
I dunno man, this movie felt comicbooky as hell, down to atmosphere and editing. I don't disagree with all of those drawbacks, but they didn't hamper my joy while watching.
>>
Don't ever believe the hype about anything. I don't even care how contrarian that sounds.
>>
>>80273089
When you really think about it, most of the comics don't have all that many drawn out fight scenes to translate into a movie. Usually just a few pages of action shots that would be like 30 seconds of coreography at best.
>>
>>80273008
Based on your complaints, it sounds like you want the movie to be non stop fight sequences and nothing more.
>>
>>80273008

While unstoppable fights have been a fun aspect of dp, if you look at joe kelly's run, he talks a lot in those comics.

Also DP is going to number 1 for week 3
>>
>>80273137
That's especially true if you actually ARE a contrarian. People hyping up a movie will just make it harder to enjoy. I'm kinda glad I saw Deadpool on opening day.
>>
File: 1297999524029.jpg (8 KB, 250x285) Image search: [Google]
1297999524029.jpg
8 KB, 250x285
>>80273008
>>
>>80273008
>Seriously implying this was a bad thing

Brah, this is Deadpool in the classic form. They could have gone full Waypool and had the entire thing be a joke but that wasn't the case here

Okay now seriously fuck off
>>
>>80273208
No, I wanted it to be better.
>>
>>80273008
>backstory
>try hard comedy
>bland story and villain
>few fights

Guess what, it's an origin story with a relatively small budget and a Valentine's release date. Is is extremely easy to see where the minor faults were coming from, and appreciate what the movie was despite them. Taking into account the circumstances, it was exceptionally well done and faithful to the character.

Thankfully, now that it has firmly established a properly portrayed Deadpool as being a profitable endeavor and got all the groundwork laid out, the sequel has all the potential to be a great comic book movie.
>>
>>80273008
>>Jokes are pretty much the entire point of the film and they weren't even that good most of the time
That's how the trailer looked like to me and why I haven't seen it.
>>
>>80273361
>extremely boring backstory
>Not a bad thing

Since when boring has a meliorative meaning.
>>
>>80273897
Don't judge a film by it's trailer, anon.
>>
>>80273600
>an origin story with a relatively small budget
Movies with a small budget can't have an original story? You should watch more movies...
>>
>>80273919
Trailers are not like ads. There're closer to a movie real content.
Good movies with average or bad trailers are a rarity from my experience. An even when a bad movie has a good trailer, I can most of the time see that the content it's alluding to is not that good.
>>
>>80273008
I wasn't. Backstory was good.

It isn't. It's funny as it is.

Story is typical. Also, there are no original stories in the world, only retellings.
Villains are as they should be. Not "I'm saving my own people but you don't understand me" or "I'm building a better world but heroes go in my way". Deadpool villains are straight evil, with no snowflake reason other than pure sadism. And that's good.

So? That's good, more time for people talking and, you know, character developement.

>Jokes are pretty much the entire point of the film and they weren't even that good most of the time
They are good. Class dismissed.
>>
File: 14428355311131.png (275 KB, 848x465) Image search: [Google]
14428355311131.png
275 KB, 848x465
>>80273008
>Extremely bland VILLAINS
this is what bothered me the most. I didn't gave a shit about niceguy backstory. Nor about those 2 people...who were...bad i guess. Who the fuck are they.
>>80273045
Well, that's just you're opinion, man.
>>80273089
>I dunno man, this movie felt comicbooky as hell
You sure you know what comicbooks are?
>>
>>80273600
>Guess what, it's an origin story with a relatively small budget and a Valentine's release date
So...you basically agreeing at this movie being bad...Only you have an excuse for that.
>>
>>80274167
>So? That's good, more time for people talking
>dumbass as fuck superhero "le fanny quirky humor" story
>more time for people talking
>less action/reason to show le fanny hero
Can't tell if you went to watch Deadloop movie or wanted to see a soap opera.
>>
>>80274231
I went to watch Deadpool movie and I got what I wanted. Movie was good, plot was good and villains were good.
Now deal with it.
>>
>>80273932
No, they can't have a bunch of fight scenes.

>>80274214
I'm saying its faults are explicable and honestly not a big problem for me.
>>
>>80274250
>Movie was good, plot was good and villains were good.
I see. Some people have lower standarts i guess.
>>
>>80274286
Right. Now go troll the other way.
>>
>>80273008
Just stay home next time
>>
File: 1456237425525.jpg (62 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1456237425525.jpg
62 KB, 960x540
>>80273008
Seems that /tv/ is still butthurt for being wrong again, for thinking that deadpool wouldn't be a sucess.

Cry more bitch, there is a reason for why you are always wrong.
>>
>>80274286
Jurassic wolrd is the biggest hit of 2015. Most people have low standards. They want to be entertained and nothing else. They don't like movies as a medium, they just want to have fun.
>>
>>80274286
who were you expecting, the easter bunny?
>>
So if the film was made by Fox, why couldn't they use more X-men? They own the film rights

Also, how did Fox even get the rights to Deadpool?
>>
>>80274414
>Jurassic wolrd is the biggest hit of 2015. Most people have low standards
I agree.
Also by this logic Justin Bieber is one of the greatest musicians in this world.
Same goes to Michael Bayformers. The fact that some amerifattos like to take kids to some dumbass movies at weekend does not mean those movies are good.
>They don't like movies as a medium, they just want to have fun.
well then they don't need to go full butthurt when they placed against facts of those movies being a sucky ones
>>80274419
>who were you expecting, the easter bunny?
What? Are you a literal retard?
>>80274338
>Now go troll the other way.
>M-MUH MOVIE :(
>HE DUNT LIKE IT
>HE MUST BE A TRAWL. X(
sure thing
>>
File: wgfkj.gif (277 KB, 240x287) Image search: [Google]
wgfkj.gif
277 KB, 240x287
>>80273008
can't help you if you hate mindless fun, anon.
>>
>>80274480
just do me a FAVOR, put it bock in the fridge bro
>>
>>80274468
>Also, how did Fox even get the rights to Deadpool?

Deadpool is technically considered an X-men character since he's a product of Weapon-X.
>>
You guys think DC will respond with their own R-rated, violence and comedy heavy cape movie?

Maybe Lobo?
>>
>>80274468
>why couldn't they use more X-men
actors cost money. and way too many actors will shit the bed and leave if they aren't being paid leading roll money money no matter how brief their appearance, who have signed contracts that state they will play the character in all cinematic appearances until the contract expires
>>
>>80273008
? That's an asinine complaint. How do you expect people to know who DP is? Most folks don't read comics. Backstory was okay, could be better, though.

Actually, I was afraid that DP would be non-stop quipfest. Thank god it wasn't. I guess that you prefer different type of humor.

The story is simple, and the villains are bland, I agree.

And that's enough. The 2 fight scenes went a little too long

Depends on what you find funny. For me it was a very faithful adaptation. One thing it lacked was showing DP working as a merc, but I guess that it would make the movie too long.
>>
>>80274495
>just do me a FAVOR, put it bock in the fridge bro
i guess you have some mental problems or some nignog from getto. I dont understand half of your posts.
>>
>>80274468
because they didn't believe in them.
but now, it might change big time.
just like there was too much x-books in the 90s, we will probably have too many x-movies in the 10s / 20s
>>
Keep in mind OP, this film was only made on a 58 million dollar budget. They couldn't go as big as other superhero films.
>>
>>80274608
actually for the budget, it's really impressive. I mean, the final scene when the platform goes off...

there are many things that people can complain about, but it's always a question of not overdoing things. the movie is good as it is. a little bit more that or that could ruin it.

however, I am bummed that there will be no extra edition with deleted scenes
>>
File: 397.jpg (63 KB, 447x400) Image search: [Google]
397.jpg
63 KB, 447x400
>These assmad Shitpoolfags getting triggered

Lmao this movie was boring as fuck

The fight scenes were repetitive garbage

The jokes were extremely unfunny

Even my girlfriend managed to sleep through this dreck

Only Reddit would like this garbage
>>
>>80274598
ok put the can down dude.... haha, unbealievible
>>
>>80274668
>ok put the can down dude.... haha, unbealievible
Haha funny! :-)

seriously..what an autismo.
>>
>>80274662
I know you have to be a contrarian to keep up appearances. It's okay, you'll grow out of it.
>>
>>80274662
>anime
not even once. not even here
>>
>>80274715
>Literally only response is "m-muh contrarians"

You dipshits can't even defend your shit movie how hilarious
>>
>>80274742
why can't we all get along?
>>
I don't mind the shitposting itt.
>What i liked
-The montage of Deadpool rampage, it was a very good mix. It managed to be comedic and at the same time it showed how dark the situation was and how insane was Wade after the shit he went throught.
-The jokes from the first and the third act were actually funny.
-Hydra Bob cameo.
-Colossus looked good, Negasonic was funny. They were the bext X-Men.
-Deadpool wasn't lol so randumb all the time.
>What i don't
-Second act jokes were horrid (i.e masturbatory ones).
-The X-Men had 3 scenes.
-Ajax and Angel Dust didn't had the time to shine.
-The sex scene was unnecesary.
>>
One thing that should be said about this movie:
It had extremely fuckable women, even Blind Al was fuckable as fuck.
>>
>>80274542
R - rate Plastic Man team up with The Mask and it will be glorius
>>
>>80274874
Bob was a great cameo. But I really loved the taximan. I wish he would be introduced in comics.

I agree that masturbation jokes were cringe, but thankfully there weren't much of them.
>>
>>80274742
That's a pretty kawaii anime face. You'll grow out of that too, probably.
>>
>>80274608
>>80274632
Gee, it's almost like when you don't pay actors ridiculously high budgets, you can make a good looking film on a lot cheaper budget!
>>
>>80275157
who would have thought, ja?
>>
>>80275157
I'm genuinely curious of how much of a films budget actually goes into production now. I mean, if we have a $200 million dollar film, do they blow $150 on the actors and $50 on the actual movie?
>>
>>80275233
diff anon. I don't know, but it sounds plausible
I mean CGI and other special effects don't cost as much as they used to be
>>
>>80275157
i don't think anyone was paid a ridiculous amount. Ryan Reynolds was the biggest name, an he wanted to be in the movie so he probably didn't demand a whole lot.
>>
>>80275261
Would explain why AoU had such a massive budget and some weak CGI in parts.
>>
>>80275280
Exactly, which is why having a $56 million film with such decent effects is all the more telling of Hollywood's practices.
>>
>>80275280
>>80275157
after looking into it Ryan Reynolds was the top paid actor in the movie with $2 million + possible box-office bonus.
>>
>>80275301
bingo. add it to the fact that there was a controversy rumor that perlmutter didn't want the actors to have a higher pay, which in the end might be the reason that fiege wanted perl out of the picture.
>>
>>80275308
In many ways, I can understand that. I mean, imagine that you are an actor, and the movie is a hit thanks to you. All you have is money for acting and maybe, just maybe you will re-appear in sequel. However, merchandise, and all that stuff goes to hollywood. So, if you sell your ass, sell it good.
>>
>>80273008
You just obviously went in to be contradictory and not like stop b8ing m8
>>
>>80275325
It's honestly blowing my mind the more I think about it. I just kept assuming "They got a bigger budget which means that everything in the film will look nicer", but no, it just means "They got a bigger budget just to bring back everyone"
>>
>>80275364
You're welcome anon. I'm always happy when I red-pill someone
>>
>>80274874
>Second act jokes were horrid
I dunno anon, the baby hand scene killed me.
>>
>>80275358
it always happens, doesn't it?
how about we become subversive and instead of shit-flinging, we just enjoy each other?
>>
I went in expecting it to be meh, but it was actually pretty good. Not great, but good.

The choreography was strong, there was a good balance between Wade and Pool, the humor thankfully went for dry smiles instead of tryhard randum bullshit, the casting was on point, and it all felt like a backup story in an X-Men spinoff book.

It honestly feels like the most authentic comic book movie since the MCU Boom, with the only real deviations being streamlined backstory, Negasonic being a composite character, and Wade getting a happy ending (the biggest flaw, which I'm sure Cable will undo via time shenanigans in the sequel).
>>
>>80275670
Deadpool, and Ant-Man to a lesser extent, are odd movies in that they both heavily rely upon the zeitgeist around the previous movies. Ant-Man as a character and story in the comics don't necessarily need to rely on a shared universe. Lang being a legacy character does sort of fit into that. But you could've easily done a comparable movie of Ant-Man without the atmosphere of the modern MCU around him, and they were going to do so to begin with.

But Deadpool especially does. This is a movie where an entirely different set of characters set up by other movies just casual drop into the movie a few scenes in. No explanation for what mutants are, what Xaviers school is, what the X-Men are and do. Colossus just shows up eating cereal then comes over to push Deadpool's shit in.

They really feel like comicbook movies, because they both take place in this world where all this comicbook shit has been set up and they can just run with it.
>>
>>80275790
I'd argue zeitgeist might not actually be the right word because they are more reliant on audiences understanding that these movies exist in a world of other heroes and villains instead of treating itself as spectacular. They trust the audience to see these characters as only being slightly irregular instead of a complete break from reality.

Like, you don't need to see any Marvel movies or X-Men movies to get them or appreciate these aspects, but the fact that those movies exist makes it easier to sell a story written with other potential stories in mind.

So, yes and no. They would be just as entertaining to people who don't immediately question that sort of setup and they don't really rely on audience awareness (aside from Pool's actor jokes/very brief exposition on who the X-Men are and Ant Man's cruddy Falcon scene), but to be successful with general audiences they benefitted immensely from the MCU existing.
>>
>>80275415
Sounds better than b8ing for a movie that did universally well
>>
File: wee bad goys.jpg (63 KB, 960x745) Image search: [Google]
wee bad goys.jpg
63 KB, 960x745
>>80273008
>You can't even say you didn't like the movie without normies fucking swarming you
>>
>>80274468
>So if the film was made by Fox, why couldn't they use more X-men? They own the film rights

Literally explained IN the movie

>Also, how did Fox even get the rights to Deadpool?

He was either 0already included in the X men rights or was negotiated to be included
>>
>>80273964
Trailers ARE ads. Don't kid yourself, the trailers only serve to sell the movie.
>>
>>80274414
>Implying having fun is bad
So how rough is high school?
>>
>>80273008
It's no big deal if you didn't enjoy it bud. I hope you enjoy other movies this year, and maybe spend less time on those blue chinese image boards you go to to argue with people.
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.