[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Disappointment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7
File: kung-fu-panda-3-poster-full.jpg (162 KB, 660x978) Image search: [Google]
kung-fu-panda-3-poster-full.jpg
162 KB, 660x978
ITT: Disappointment
>>
>>80271488
I don't even remember /co/ talking about this.
>>
you.
>>
>>80271488

Picture unrelated.
>>
>>80271862
No. Kung Fu Panda 3 was a disappointment.
>>
wasn't this a huge success in china?
>>
>>80272131
I didn't mean financially. Do I look like a business person?
>>
>>80272159
Making movies is a business. Financial success is the only thing that matters.
>>
>>80272171
Shut up.
>>
File: big guy for you.jpg (31 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
big guy for you.jpg
31 KB, 1280x720
>>80272063

For you.
>>
File: Kung-Fu-Panda-3-Villain-Kai.jpg (53 KB, 786x393) Image search: [Google]
Kung-Fu-Panda-3-Villain-Kai.jpg
53 KB, 786x393
I really liked it.

Kai was a GOAT villain
>>
File: Weirdmageddon 3.png (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Weirdmageddon 3.png
2 MB, 1280x720
>>
>>80272462
I really liked Kai's main musical cue. Really distinct and stylish. It has a rather atypical structure and tone for an antagonist's theme, which adds a lot of personality.
Starts at 10 and repeated throughout:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oF7vFFTnc98
>>
If you compare it to 2, then it wasn't as good.
If you're just rating it, then it was still good.

My question is where can they go (story-wise) for 4, 5 & 6?
I heard something before about them encountering the last dragon or something like that.
>>
>>80271488
Why do people dislike this movie?
Like, it was a fun film and had tons of closure
>>
>>80272682
That's a strange theme tune for a villain, you're right. Sounds neat.
>>
File: 960.jpg (25 KB, 218x310) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
25 KB, 218x310
What a load of horseshit.
>>
>>80272462
>Kai was better than Shen
>anyone better than Shen

Nope.
>>
>>80272462
>better than Shen and Tai Lung
Nope.
>>
>>80272462
Actually I think he was a bison.
>>
>>80275706
>>80275693
You guys really want that bird cock, don't you?
>>
>>80275977
>bird cock

Not exactly.
>>
>>80277194
>>80276826
Who keeps making these shitty threads?
>>
>>80277352
We haven't had a KFP thread in a while, anon
>>
>>80275706
You know all 3 Kung Fu Pandas had pretty great villains and did a pretty solid bar of raising the bar of how powerful they are each movie
>>
>>80275706
Tai Lung only really had Ian McShane going for him.
His story was good, but still the weakest of the 3.
>>
>>80272682

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dWDD8P71Is
>>
>>80271488
I loved it man, 2 is the best so far, but this is up there with 1. Hopefully with that new studio, I won't have to wait 5 years for 4.
>>
>>80272462
Kai felt really underexplored, but I did like him. Just Tai Lung had a backstory that was presented as his motivation to make up for the lack of screen time. Shen had a ton of screentime and back and forth among his lieutenants. Kai has his initial scene, we get a brief scene of him turning Mantis and Crane to Jade but his subordinates are complete Jade and his connection to the main cast is covered in a picture book.

Plus the fact that he won but was beaten out by a deus ex machina on par with Korra's suddenly learning air bending left me really dissatisfied with the ending.
>>
>>80275706
For me it's Shen > Kai > Tai Lung honestly.
>>
>>80283347
>Deus ex machina
I hope you're referring to him being able to come back from the spirit realm. His UGWAI AKBAR skill was pretty legitimate. It just bugs me that he was able to come back so easily.
>>
>>80272682
At first I was weirded out, but the way that 4-string notes are blended across the different themes through the movie whenever he is on screen eventually won me over.
>>
>>80283913
This. It really gave him a precense whenever those four notes played.

While a better villain, I can't remember if Shen had a distinct theme going for him, it really adds to someone's style.
>>
>You will never have KFP2-level of plot with KFP3's visuals.

You can say what you want about which is the best. But the third film certaintly had the greatest style and visuals. simply gorgeous.
>>
>>80283873
It's simple power levels.
If Kai was powerful enough to materialize his ghost in the physical realm and Po is stronger than that, then he should be able to do the same just as easily.
>>
>>80271488
I took my wife's son and he seemed to really enjoy it.
>>
>>80284070
They just overused the best visual tricks of the previous movies. I was so of sick of it by the time of the final fight that I couldn't enjoy it as awesome as it was.
>>
>>80272171
It's people like you who tried to stop Citizen Kane, Star Wars, Brazil and dozens of others from being made.
>>
>>80285339
You gotta admit, it was neat how they managed to do "Po is winning, ambient colour shifts from the bad guy's to his" without simply recycling it being sunrise for the third time.
>>
>>80284422
Also, don't forget that he had tons of chi from all of his friends being given to him from the mortal realm
If Kai could go to the mortal world by stealing chi, surely someone who was given chi could also do it
>>
Wait, it was released? Holy shit.
>>
>>80283347
Just five more minutes spent exploring Kai would have let the movie upgrade him from plot device (so Po has to learn chi and so we can have a final battle) into a proper character and so let the movie have a thematically appropriate ending beyond just spectacle.

Just five more minutes. Maybe fewer. Then 3 would have been as good as 2.
>>
>>80286994
>Just five more minutes spent exploring Kai
His backstory wasn't really as interesting as the rest
I mean, compared to the others who were just trying to make their parents proud, he was just a soldier who sought power and got corrupted
>>
File: 87023748.jpg (104 KB, 500x489) Image search: [Google]
87023748.jpg
104 KB, 500x489
Just saw it today. Shit was bretty gud. My few qualms about it were them playing up the comedy and focusing on the pandas, and the lack of major proper fighting scenes the other films had.

I did love how ominous Kai was. Those eyes are haunting and his blades are swag as fuck.
>mfw Po has to teach the 5
>they actually listen to him
>>
>>80287050
He was Oogway's best friend. They could have talked about how hurt he was when Oogway turned on him, or went for an angle where he just wanted to use the chi to protect people, but in order to do that, some sacrifices could be made.

Or they could have played up the idea of him being stuck in Oogway's shadow, evidence of the fact that he worked along side him, but no one knows his name.

I don't know.
>>
>>80287244
>how hurt he was when Oogway turned on him
That's not really exploration of the character, that's more like dialogue filler (especially because it's the kind of stuff that would have been said in the Kai and Oogway fight)
>wanted to use the chi to protect people
which is why, when exiting the spirit world, he immediately terrorized people?

Maybe it was just an all around bad idea which is why they didn't put it in there in the first place
>>
>>80285321
>my wife's son
>marrying a woman with baggage.

You poor fool.
>>
>>80287050
>the others who were just trying to make their parents proud

I always interpreted as Shen trying to prove his parents and the soothsayer wrong about what they thought of him.
>>
>>80287483
Well after he got banished, sure
but the things that got him in trouble were brought about by trying to make his parents proud
>>
Who'd win in a fight between Shen, Tai Lung and Kai, while mortal.
>>
>>80287679
fuck that's hard, I have to go with Kai though.
>>
>>80287679
Kai > Tai Lung > Shen in terms of pure fighting prowess
Kai = Shen > Tai Lung in terms of capability to raise an army
>>
>>80287398
they were married before his wife had her son
the joke is that he's a cuckold
>>
>Tai Lung was Wuxi Finger Held
>Should be in the spirit realm
>We don't get to see him again
Damn.
>>
File: yee.png (331 KB, 500x599) Image search: [Google]
yee.png
331 KB, 500x599
Is this a disappointment thread?

I'll contribute
>>
>>80287936
It was mainly a KFP thread.
>>
>>80271488
I saw it last night, I loved it. It wasn't as good as the 2nd one but still, Po continued to evolve, J.K. Simmons was a great villain (probably the funniest villain too), it was all it needed to be, really.
>>
>>80287737
Shen would cannon them to death with his army if the soothsayer didn't save Po and send him to kill Shen.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.